[3.17] The Frozen Garden - Elementalist Permafreeze Arc Mines (3.17 partial, recommend self cast)

"
DixuMixu wrote:
I need tips for increasing my damage, current gear shows 250k average hit and I kinda want at least double that to be on par with guide maker :/

how exactly do you read your average hit damage ? I want to do that on my build also :))

Also , I am sitting at a very low life pool at level 83.

I don't have fettle yet and the life annoint yet because I couldn't afford a level 3 enlighten and I am leveling it myself.

The corrupted soul will give me about 500-600 es probably, but still not near your life pool.

The helm will get me some life / es but I do not think I will get over 4000-4500 + 1500-1700 es :(. Wonder what I do wrong.

Tried to get life on all gear.
Never invite Vorana, Last To Fall at a beer party.
Last edited by Vendetta on Apr 28, 2021, 11:01:39 AM
"
kauzwald wrote:
First of all, thank you for this build. It has an interessting concept and is very fun to play.

But there are still some questions left.

Can anyone tell me which phrases count towards "increased effect of non-damaging ailments"?
For example does the overshock phrase "30% increased Effect of Lightning Ailments" count?

And is there a simple way to see the summary of those effects in pob or do i have to calculate it myself?

You can see it in the "calcs" page in PoB. And yeah, those 2 mod types stack together, the first once simply affect Chill and other ailments as well (like Brittle/Scorch). You want the builder to show 300% in that tab, or at least not more than that since that would be a waste.

"
Vendetta wrote:
"
CantripN wrote:
Vaal Arc 21 exists, and you can buy temples with gem room level 3 and just make it yourself if not.

As for Frost Shield, reread what it does. It's a massive defensive and offensive boost, the chill is almost meaningless.

Alright...

What would be a good helm replacement for the three dragons in case I have the Expedition end armour ?

If you wanna keep all your links, you can get Eye of Malice (unique), or a helm with Crit Multi / +1 Power Charge / -9 Lightning Res aura, stuff like that. If you're willing to give up some links, Crown of the Tyrant is amazing.

"
DixuMixu wrote:
How come you don't have Clever Constructions allocated?

Mines are immune to damage for the 1st second and while flying, so if you don't pre-lay them on lava, they can't actually "die". That passive used to be good before that change, no need for it now.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
If someone feels squishy in beefy t16 vaaled ultimatums - Not sure if it's life leech from gloves
or just luck/damage increase, but after adding them I feel more safer and relaxed when doing them, helps to tank some big hits and faster recover from them, plus it should help on cannot regen life map mods. They are cheap 1c, just easy to test in few maps.
Last edited by nikpoe on Apr 28, 2021, 12:09:30 PM
"
DixuMixu wrote:
I need tips for increasing my damage, current gear shows 250k average hit and I kinda want at least double that to be on par with guide maker :/

- Ice golem in ring will trigger lightning ee if you are running wrath, swap it out for flame golem asap

- Level 21 arc is much more important than having vaal arc as you will get an extra chain (more damage, better clear). I'd recommend this be one of the last things you upgrade given the current pricing.

- Since you're using a normal helm you can get a cheap additional arc enchant as well. Well worth it if you can sort out your mana. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/rb34GMfQ

Otherwise getting a 6link tremor rod, wise oak, gem levels and more crit multi on your jewels will get you closer to the OPs numbers

I also think you are better off dropping the small life cluster jewel and using that socket and two extra points to get two more normal jewels with life/crit multi
"
Kanobe wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:

- Ice golem in ring will trigger lightning ee if you are running wrath, swap it out for flame golem asap

- Level 21 arc is much more important than having vaal arc as you will get an extra chain (more damage, better clear). I'd recommend this be one of the last things you upgrade given the current pricing.

- Since you're using a normal helm you can get a cheap additional arc enchant as well. Well worth it if you can sort out your mana. https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ultimatum/rb34GMfQ

Otherwise getting a 6link tremor rod, wise oak, gem levels and more crit multi on your jewels will get you closer to the OPs numbers

I also think you are better off dropping the small life cluster jewel and using that socket and two extra points to get two more normal jewels with life/crit multi

Oh crap, what golem do I socket in ring then?
"
DixuMixu wrote:
"
Kanobe wrote:
"
DixuMixu wrote:

The only option is Flame Golem if you are going to use Malachai's Artifice, which would net you an insane dmg boost (on whatever the Flame Golem would hit, mostly bosses).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"
CantripN wrote:
"
kauzwald wrote:

"
DixuMixu wrote:
How come you don't have Clever Constructions allocated?

Mines are immune to damage for the 1st second and while flying, so if you don't pre-lay them on lava, they can't actually "die". That passive used to be good before that change, no need for it now.

Really wanted to add that but I had a rough day...I tested clever reconstruction because I didn't have a cluster jewel to go for my points, and wanted to test the theory...

Doesn't do s@it....

I want to elaborate a little .

1. Most of the mobs are blinded due to Disorienting Display , even if they aren't frozen they are blinded...they barely see the mines, and as said above by the op they seem to be immune in the first second and after that it doesn't matter.

There seems to be one problem here, and I don't know if someone noticed, I know for sure someone asked above regarding the tremor rod triggering the mines a second time.

^ above seems to really mess up the momentum. I tested a little.

You trow down 1 mine or 4 or whatever due to your gem that trows more mines and not just one...They trigger in a sequence...But Tremor Rod makes them trigger once more, which means that they are placed in the same place and before the mine you placed in a spot to kill something near you, expects that the mine before you expired or was triggered. This is particularly bad with Swift Assembly.

You need the damage to be delivered were you need it to be. Not when the other traps are triggered and waiting for another trap to be second timed triggered.

I don't say swift assembly is a bad skill I just noticed it messes some things, especially with the rog triggering the mine a second time.

I tried pressing the detonate mine myself but it doesn't do much because the initial trap needs to trigger again.
"
"

The only option is Flame Golem if you are going to use Malachai's Artifice, which would net you an insane dmg boost (on whatever the Flame Golem would hit, mostly bosses).

I remember first noticing I made that error myself, going from Ice Golem to Flame Golem on the ring. I thought the damage was great, and then I did it, and then it felt like I was doing x4 dps, because I was :D

Malachai's Artifice is basically a class feature for Elementalist :)

___

I don't know if the Tremor Rod change is a bug or "this is a buff", hope they'll fix it. Still seems amazing, but it was even better?

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 28, 2021, 7:24:56 PM
"
nikpoe wrote:
If someone feels squishy in beefy t16 vaaled ultimatums - Not sure if it's life leech from gloves
or just luck/damage increase, but after adding them I feel more safer and relaxed when doing them, helps to tank some big hits and faster recover from them, plus it should help on cannot regen life map mods. They are cheap 1c, just easy to test in few maps.

The same effect can be basically achieved with a vitality watchers eye freeing you the gloves slot.
"
Vendetta wrote:
"
nikpoe wrote:

The same effect can be basically achieved with a vitality watchers eye freeing you the gloves slot.

Wrong. Leech doesn't work with Mines, those gloves are unique in being able to do that.

Certainly an option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info