GGG is Hiring for Six Roles

Grinding Gear Games is looking to hire C++ Programmers, Writers, Visual Effects Artists, Server Administrators, Level Designers and Animators to support the development of Path of Exile and Path of Exile 2 in our office in Auckland, New Zealand. While we'd love to find a way to accept worldwide applicants, the current situation means that we cannot. We are also interested in talking to Australians as we expect the border with Australia will open sooner than with the rest of the world.

C++ Gameplay or User Interface Programmer

Requirements:
  • A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
  • Strong knowledge of modern C++
  • Excellent communication skills
  • At least six months of commercial game programming experience
  • Must be able to pass our technical C++ programming test (approximately one hour long)

Pluses:
  • Experience with our game, Path of Exile

This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand or Australia and are either a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or Australian Citizen. Our country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

To apply for this role, please email your resume, some C++ code samples and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com.

Writer

Grinding Gear Games is looking for an on-site writer to help build and enhance the dark and gritty atmosphere in Path of Exile. You will develop design-related writing such as magical mod names, skill gem names, passive skill names, environmental lore, unique item flavour text, quest text, and character dialogue.

The ideal candidate has a firm grasp of gothic horror and can express it in the efficient and condensed way that is demanded by the ARPG format. We are looking for an avid gamer that has a deep understanding of our game Path of Exile and its themes.

Requirements:
  • 1 year of writing work in games or 3 years of work experience in a related field (script writing for TV, comics, etc)
  • Experience with writing for spoken dialogue.
  • Published/produced works—games, screenplays, stage plays, comics, novels, short stories, articles, videos, or other similar materials.

Pluses:
  • Self-motivation and self-reliance; ability to research and learn new tools quickly.
  • Excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team.
  • Deep understanding of the game we produce (Path of Exile).

This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand or Australia and are either a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or Australian Citizen. Our country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role. You must be willing to complete a writing test if requested to do so

To apply for this role, please email your resume, some writing samples and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com.

Visual Effects Artist

Requirements:
  • Three years of experience creating game art
  • Experience creating real-time game effects in a wide range of software
  • Superior eye for lighting, value, color, details, and the ability to use them in creating efficient and impactful visual effects
  • Self-motivation, excellent communications skills, and able to work within a team
  • Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback
  • Passion for creating 'dark and gritty' spells and microtransactions

This is a full-time role in Henderson, Auckland. Please only apply if you currently reside in New Zealand or Australia and are either a New Zealand Citizen, Resident or Australian Citizen. Our country's borders are closed and we will not be assisting with applying for work visas for this role.

To apply for this role, please email your resume, portfolio/reel (demonstrating relevant artistic skills) and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com. You must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.

Level Designer

Responsibilities
  • Create immersive and replayable gameplay that supports and enhances the core mechanics and aesthetic.
  • Ensure a high level of quality through close collaboration with the Creative Director, Art Directors, Game Designers, Environment Artists, Sound Designers and other disciplines.
  • Integrate the content produced by other disciplines for your designs into the game engine (new gameplay elements, AI, sound, etc)
  • Quickly learn to master our internal tools, and assist in making them better.
  • Conduct gameplay evaluations with the team, providing feedback and suggestions to help fine-tune the game
  • Locate and fix bugs in both your own and your colleagues' work

Qualifications
  • 2+ years of game industry experience
  • Game design sensibilities
  • Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
  • Experience using Maya or a high level of proficiency in a similar 3D modeling tool

To apply for this role, please email your resume, portfolio/reel (demonstrating relevant artistic skills) and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com. You must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so.

Animator

Requirements
  • 3 years of animation experience
  • Solid body mechanics and experience animating general combat, melee weapons and magic for both human, animals and abstract monsters.
  • Proven experience in a professional production pipeline and the ability to create high-quality key frame animations.
  • Solid knowledge of Maya.
  • Independently self-motivated team player with excellent communication skills.

Linux Server Administrator

Requirements - experience with the following technology:
  • Linux server administration (3 years minimum experience)
  • Assembling computer hardware and diagnosing hardware faults
  • SQL database administration experience
  • Configuration management (e.g. puppet, chef, etc.)
  • Monitoring systems (e.g. zabbix, nagios, etc)
  • Continuous integration (e.g. buildbot)
  • Scripting and automation
  • Reasonable familiarity with bash, python and SQL.
  • Willing to be on call on rotation
  • Experience with Path of Exile

Experience with the following is helpful:
  • Zabbix
  • Salt
  • Buildbot
  • Postgresql
  • Berkeley DB
  • NGINX
  • C++
  • PHP

To apply for this role, please email your resume and a cover letter to hr@grindinggear.com.

Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
did somone quit bcs of harvest nerf ?

edit:
i would recommend my friend but then we wouldnt be friends anymore.
fk archnemesis.
Last edited by SuperDrop on Mar 11, 2021, 6:56:02 PM
I hate Covid, I'd have tried my change as sysadmin :(
@Furiouss
More expansion!
IGN: JerleSteelChampion/JerleRuthlessAgain
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
SuperDrop wrote:
did somone quit bcs of harvest nerf ?

edit:
i would recommend my friend but then we wouldnt be friends anymore.

nop, they fired the inventers of harvest, the EX and C inventors was angry for not beeing used anymore LOL
Requirements - experience with the following technology:
- Path of Exile

Well, I got one.
What about remote translators, guys? =p
ez
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition, is followed by madness.
if you looking for tea maker or something like that I can working.I am looking for job :(
The onslaught of international programmers when all this is sufficiently over is going to be grand.

There's got to be more out there like me, biding their time in a holding pattern.
Last edited by ZaoFishbones on Mar 11, 2021, 7:21:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info