a small thing, i know it's a "me" problem, but...

i wish the immortal phase on entering a zone didn't have a timer. i so frequently will enter a new zone, say "ive got a sec" hop into browser, not pay attention to how long it's been and come back to a dead character. :( again, i get it's a "me" problem that i know how to avoid, but what is the point of having it as a timer?
Last edited by burninbeard on Mar 1, 2021, 11:23:12 PM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2021, 7:09:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That would be a cool feature. I do the same, so it's an "us" problem :)
Wasn't it's duration actually increased this or last league? It used to be 30 seconds, now it's like ~55 seconds.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
-----------------------------------------------
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
+1
because it would also fix the "loading takes so long on this PC/in this patch that my char dies while I watch the loading screen" issue.

This hasn't happened to me anymore since the most recent small patch (thank you GGG!), but I'm sure it will be back when some new stuff breaks old code...
May your maps be bountiful, exile
+1. but not for the reason you are saying.

Grace Period time was actually buffed in 2.x or something that much ancient. Back then it was 5 seconds for little teleports (like entering another subarea) and 10 for major teleports (like entering a new area). Now those timers have been raised to 20 and 60. So you can feel even more bad with the whole "I enter arena and I dieded". You had one frigging minute to let the skills end their duration.

But, even like that, there are some people (luckily not me) that have reported their rig is so bad that they take more than 1 minute to load a map and, when they do, they are no more in grace period.

I think those people deserve a chance. Playing like that is already agony, make it even worse with a too low Grace Period is adding salt to injury.
+1.

Not because it affects me or because I think it really is a problem, but because I can't see any downsides to changing the grace period to 10 minutes, or even infinity. So if it helps someone, why not.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I don't mind the grace period being short, I just wish it activated in all areas. Unfortunately, it manifestly doesn't. I've been killed within five seconds of entering Vaal City waypoint, as well as entering Peninsula and Alleyways maps. In all cases death happened long before the area finished loading. There are mobs right at the entry point and you get no grace period. I've also been attacked, but not killed, at the entry points for Dark Core and Boiling Lake in Act 9.

The entry point for Desert Spring map is imo ideal. You start in a small secluded area where no monsters ever spawn, and must then walk across a bridge before you encounter monsters. It's a clear separation between you and the monsters. No matter how slowly your PC loads the map, you won't be attacked. But, at the same time, you don't have to run for ages to encounter monsters. They spawn near the entry point, just not close enough for you to draw aggro on entry.

I don't know why GGG didn't implement this convention in all maps and areas. It's such an obvious thing to do.
Its a very valid problem. I hate how there is no pause button and I have to use a TP to "pause" the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info