-

-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 7:28:30 PM
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2021, 3:58:48 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The grimdark visceral body horror of PoE is only one of the big turnoffs and tone-deaf things this game does to players...

the kind of horror that appeals to edgelords and posers and tweens and forever-alones and other categories of neuroses.

Someone was in a hurry to prove something to somebody, to prove there wasn't anything so pernicious and detrimental to the soul he wouldn't use it as a lurid sideshow in a cheap, knockoff RPG. I am metal, he whinged reedily to himself as he wrote this shit into the game for consumption by all.

Nah we can do without it. Especially the parts describing cutting up little kids. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be wearing an ankle bracelet far from schools.

[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 7:28:40 PM
I used to be disturbed, but when you expose yourself to it over time, you get used to it. Some people say this is a bad thing, being "desensitized", but I've found that if I sometimes think of the most horrible thing that could happen to me at any time, it makes me not so afraid when bad things actually happen.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?
Last edited by Noble_Seiken on Feb 27, 2021, 6:21:51 PM
-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 7:28:56 PM
What, are you implying that in a dark and gritty fantasy world, dark and gritty things happen? What, didn't you notice there are Tentacle Miscreations and pools of blood in certain areas? This is a video game. We play it for entertainment. Can you imagine this game be set in a happy world where everything is fine? How cruel would it be to mow through packs of Karens? I think PoE is right just the way it is.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
I'm not disturbed by pixels.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
WHow cruel would it be to mow through packs of Karens?

Not so bad, my first wife is named Karen ;)
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
Welcome to a dark fantasy world.

Is it your first time ?
if you want to see where all of this is inspired from you can read lovecraft or berserk they are quite important for the genre.

Warhammer 40k universe is quite brutal too heck even diablo was before the 3rd.

it's quite nice for the arpg games tho because it justifies our monstrous slaughters.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
"
Blubbey wrote:
I mean i can't argue against that. Even if everything is in harmony, we are all going to die eventually. And when health deteriorates it could be considered a "bad" thing in the sense, that it hurts. I don't know to what degree a "desinsitization" could help against that, but i can see the point. And i also don't really want to interfere with what type of mindset ppl decide to live their lives with. However for the sake of argument it seems more like a "I'm taking it the way it is", since an actual "desensitization", that happens with the intent of preparing for whatever "bad" might happen would hardly come from an outside source. I am not an advocate for it either. Any such approaches are far from something, that looks like "this is the way it is meant to be".

Good luck finding true nobility. Noble people's deeds are the most noteworthy to learn from.(actually cross this part. this looks arrogant while proof-reading. i just wasn't sure if i'm talking to a younger person)

Also thank you for responding. Much appreciated.(not trying to make anybody else look bad by not thanking, but if i start panicing because somebody's intent is not clear and somebody speaks up, it helps me enough so i should show some appreciation)

I hope this doesn't interfere too much with the actual topic. And on that note: people should be allowed to talk without making a change. There is hardly any free speech possible if everything, that is brought up has to result in a change !!

You're good.
What is the value of my own life when it is taken from others so easily?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info