The Name of the Game is: "What The Actual Hell Are..."

I'll start.

What the actual hell are... the Timeless Monoliths? Y'know, lore wise. I have not found a single scrap of info on that subject.

Trying to plug the entirety of the setting into AI Dungeon's (https://play.aidungeon.io/main/landing) spiffy new worldbuilding tool and boy is it hard sometimes.
''The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense. And eventually, you'll be dead.''
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 3:33:37 PM
The monoliths are pretty much devoid of lore other than what the game already provided about the characters that appear in it. probably cause Synthesis was one of the most lore heavy leagues to date and they were probably afraid to doing anything that resembled Synthesis at the time due to how much it was despised.
"This realm of smoky purple glass is the origin point of the Timeless Monoliths which dot Wraeclast. It is here that every battle ever fought is reflected and played out in perpetuity, where endless hoards of screaming warriors fight and die only to rise again and repeat their bloody dance. Here mighty generals like Hyrri of the Karui, General Marceus Lioneye of the Eternal Empire, Cardinal Sanctus Vox of the Templar and Napuatzi the Viper of the Vaal stride like vengeful Gods."

Welp, that's the best I could do off the top of my head to describe the Domain of Eternal Conflict. The Ezomytes and Maraketh don't get a mention because there's a character limit, and also because they're lame. :P
''The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense. And eventually, you'll be dead.''
Last edited by Emiscary on Feb 27, 2021, 2:50:02 PM
Just as we play Age of Empires and pit Egyptian chariot laming against Joseon PT boat spam.

The exile has Timeless Purple Weiners to stage mock battles between dominant civilizations in Wraeclast's past, much like fantasy football. Never mind that the Vaal could never have fought the Templars, or the Maraketh, for they were collapsed 700 or so years before the latter.

They are created by the exile, for the exile. Perhaps the corrupting influence of the soil of Wraeclast helped them become physically real structures on the landscape, but they are purely homegrown in the exile's mind.

Because we are who we are though, we're not content to just throw hordes of yellow dudes and hordes of orange dudes in a pit and let them fight to the last man. We gotta get in there and show both sides who's the real McCoy. See a fight, join a fight.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info