Is Ctrl+C cliboarddata client/server sided?

Hi I am in developing a tool that listens on my clicks and copies clipboarddata for further processing. I would like to know if I'm violating any rules with that?

Like is Ctrl+C clipboard of an item a server side action? I would like to develop that tool legaly but can't find any source to it.
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 4:21:54 PM
Clipboard data is client-side only (tied to the OS), you're fine.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Feb 26, 2021, 8:57:17 PM
"
bvanharjr wrote:
Clipboard data is client-side only (tied to the OS), you're fine.

thank you for your answer, glad to hear
Hey there, DieDollarfaust.

As has already been mentioned, copying item information to the clipboard is a client-side action. I hope this helps clarify things for you!
"
JC_GGG wrote:

As has already been mentioned, copying item information to the clipboard is a client-side action. I hope this helps clarify things for you!

Great you answered officially. Thank you very much.

If someone is curious https://github.com/bf-malefiz/poe_helper here is the tool I'm working on.
"
JC_GGG wrote:

Hey JC could you or someone else of GGG take a look if this is allowed. Kinda different opinions out there. The crucial part is cut out on the end of the post.

Thanks for your help

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ltp3u4/craftingtool_to_hopefully_never_roll_over_t1_ever/

Edit: The post got removed because they don´t know if its legal to use.

I leave the github accessable for you to take a look at it. If it´s illegal I will remove it immediatly.

In short what it does:

When I click mouse > clipboard gets copied > clipboard processed to check if mods on the item satisfy condition in a list > if true: move mouse away | if false: nothing happens ( mouseclick resolves ). I m simply Eventlistening my manual leftclick and perform a clientside evaluation on itemdata/move|block the mouse.

Hope that helps clarifying about the legality of my tool.

best regards
Last edited by DieDollarfaust on Feb 27, 2021, 3:20:50 PM
Hey there, I've sent you a PM about this. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info