Screen Keep minimizing in fullscreen mode.

Hi

I am facing a weird issue where my game screen keeps minimizing and moving to lower resolution at random from fullscreen mode. I have tried changing resolution even tried using windows fullscreen but still same issue.

To fix this i updated my windows and also the display drivers but it doesn't help as well. Not sure what else i need to do to fix this.

I usually play the game on 1366x768 resolution and fullscreen. But now even if i play on max resolution of 1920x1080 still its minimizing automatically.

Just to give a background i never faced this issue before but recently i had reinstalled windows and the game as well, after the install and the latest patch i started facing the issue.

If someone can help me out here it would be great. i have tried everything i know but nothing helped :(.
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 6:10:02 PM
1st check your PC for malware/viruses/trojans...

If this is not the case, some application is trying to do "something", thats why it takes control of your mouse and minimizing game window. You are pending something that is running in the background. If you have antivirus, try to turn it off and then play the game.
How will i come to know what is interfering with the game?

I have a fresh windows installation done and there are hardly any apps installed apart from poe. As for antivirus i don't have other installed apart from default window's defender.

"
goodygabs wrote:
How will i come to know what is interfering with the game?

I have a fresh windows installation done and there are hardly any apps installed apart from poe. As for antivirus i don't have other installed apart from default window's defender.

I will go assume that you are not using a legit windows install. Which means if you downloaded a new build for the reinstallment, chances are that it came with a tourist.

The only thing to my knowledge that can do what you are describing, is either a malware or an absurdly high priority windows event.

Last thing, could be messed up keyboard.

But most likely it's, as stated above, some sort of virus.
No rest for the wicked.
Now that Daiena mention it, it could be a shortcut to something and some of combination of keys is doing that
As for windows i am using legit windows only, i downloaded the iso from Microsoft itself and licensed it myself. As for virus i keep checking for malware and virus but i didn't find any.

I am also assuming there is some key binding which is causing the issue. But is there are way to check and fix this? Just to give you one more update i don't face this issue for any other application or game. This is happening only for poe.
are you using shortcuts for sticky keys or something similar...

Unfortunately only you can find what is causing the problem. I had exact problem 5-6 years ago with different game, i played it and it would minimize after some time. I found out that the problem was in some application (dont remember which one) that was trying to run autoupdate.
Along with sticky keys, language switches can cause this behavior as well.
There's a default shortcut for windows to quickly change between keyboard inputs. You trigger it enough times within a given frame and it will minimize whatever you are running in foreground.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info