is there anything that scales eye of innocence's damage?

i can't believe i've never asked this, but is there anything that would scale the 100 damage when you ignite an enemy? already put elemental catalyst on it to bring it to 120. would it be as simple as scaling fire damage/elemental damage/damage? seems unlikely since the divine judgement wheel is giving me 72% elemental damage and i should only need 58% to reach 44 dmg per hit.

background: i can sustain vd indefinately as long as i get all my cwdt desecrates (undertaker enchant for 12 corpses and awakened cascade on VD to get all of them) AND all my cwdt unearth (cwdt-unearth-gmp-greater volley) but usually it will miss a few on the unearth and shut it down vs bosses and the like. if there were another way to scale EoI it would make it easier to sustin CWDT desecrate.

i'm also considering the possibility of self cursing with flammability and doing something interesting with my newly available ring slot, but i would like to try to avoid that if there were a way to scale the dmg off eye of innocence.
Last edited by burninbeard on Feb 24, 2021, 8:57:07 AM
Last bumped on Feb 24, 2021, 12:30:42 PM
Apart from lowering your fire resistance (be it with flammability/EW or by equipping nerfing fire resistance items like Formless Inferno), you can search for sources of Increase Damage Taken. Self-shocking is an idea. Other sources may be The Beast Fur's Shawl, Berserker ascendancy, Replica Abyssus.

Other than that, there is no other way for you to further increase the raw damage of Eye of Innocence.

Though, if I had to say, I'd look for a Scold's Birdle instead of looking for a Formless Inferno. There are other ways to harm yourself (Heartbound loop, Scold, Blood Thorn), Eye opened the chance to self-ignite mostly.
Last edited by Maxtrux on Feb 24, 2021, 9:01:36 AM
"
Maxtrux wrote:
Apart from lowering your fire resistance (be it with flammability/EW or by equipping nerfing fire resistance items like Formless Inferno), you can search for sources of Increase Damage Taken. Self-shocking is an idea. Other sources may be The Beast Fur's Shawl, Berserker ascendancy, Replica Abyssus.

Other than that, there is no other way for you to further increase the raw damage of Eye of Innocence.

Though, if I had to say, I'd look for a Scold's Birdle instead of looking for a Formless Inferno. There are other ways to harm yourself (Heartbound loop, Scold, Blood Thorn), Eye opened the chance to self-ignite mostly.

thanks for the suggestions, but sadly i don't like how any of them fit into my build.

i also tried the self curse and that didn't work because endurance charges brought my fire res way back over the 60% i would have needed to be at.

shelving the changes for now.
Well, surely using EC means you need to heavily invest in reducing your fire resistances (either by not building it up or self-cursing). In that case, perhaps just going for Increased Damage Taken should work.

An overkill would be using Veil of the Night in order to make sure your eleRes is always 0, but unless for some reason you want to go with a Doryani's Mechanism I can't see why you would want to hurt yourself so much.
No, there are no ways to scale that damage enough to have the work done without devastating defenses and compromising survivability by a lot.

If it was just the chance to get ignited, mokou's emrace would be the cheapest and most reliable. Self-cursing works too, but investments are way higher.
But you obviously need high raw damage taken, related to the gem lvl of CWDT setup.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info