Constant micro freezes everywhere in the game

Hi! I've been having pretty insane micro freezes / lag spikes since last patch, and i'd need help troubleshooting the issue.

It doesn't seem tied to gameplay at all. I can stand in my hideout for a minute, and i'll get between 1 and 5 of those lag spikes every minute. The result is the game freezing for a bit less than a second each time, which can be extremely annoying and deadly.

It's very apparent while looking at the frame time while in-game. My frame time hovers between 20 and 30, but when a spike occur, the 20-30 basically becomes a flat line since the spike is so huge. I recorded a short video uploaded on youtube here: https://youtu.be/2wXTtbtzOy4

You can clearly see huge spikes at 0:07, 0:42, 1:14, 2:10, 2:20 and 2:45

More info that can maybe help: I'm on Vulkan, VSync disabled, dynamic culling enabled, dynamic resolution enabled with a target framerate of 20 FPS, and engine multithreading enabled.

I also did a WinMTR test, here is the pastebin: https://pastebin.com/BBh3X8Kf

Thanks for the help!
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2021, 7:42:24 PM
Have you tried switching back to DX12? I can't say for certain, but that WinMTR looks like it's saying that the server isn't the issue, although that 100% packet loss on the third hop is a bit of an oddity. With that said, your pings appear to be making it all the way to the server, and the rest of the hops show 0% packet loss.

I would switch back to DX12 at the very least, and also check to make sure your video card drivers are up to date. If there are any other programs running in the background along side PoE, close them all, and check again.

Switching back to DX11, the issue is still there, and the game runs worse overall than on Vulkan. On DX11 I get more issues related to gameplay (lag when conqueror mob pack spawns, etc)

Is DX12 a possibility? I only see DX11 and Vulkan in the option menu.

Also, my drivers are up to date. And closing the few programs running (chrome, discord, trade macro) didn't help either.
Last edited by Pyromancer4 on Feb 23, 2021, 9:41:35 PM
"
Pyromancer4 wrote:
Switching back to DX11, the issue is still there, and the game runs worse overall than on Vulkan. On DX11 I get more issues related to gameplay (lag when conqueror mob pack spawns, etc)

Is DX12 a possibility? I only see DX11 and Vulkan in the option menu.

Also, my drivers are up to date. And closing the few programs running (chrome, discord, trade macro) didn't help either.

No, I misspoke. It's DX11. You could check Task Manager to check your CPU and GPU usage during these events. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. It could be specific to your setup, though.
Bump. I am still experiencing this and it's extremely disruptive to gameplay :/
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info