Worst Peformance in Years and unable to run fractured canyons!

Im really, really sad. Performance was horrible for me all league even so i put everything on lowest levels. When i run 100% deli canyons my game crashes multiple times till all 6 portals are gone. Its so frustrating to finally reach endgame and craft maps for multiple ex and then not being able to run them.

System:
- i7 7700K
- 16 GB Ram
- Board: Asus STRIX Z270I
- GTX 1060 6GB
- SSD: Crucial_CT525MX300SSD4

I didnt play harvest and Heist because of my work and i should probably thank you for making it unplayable because i actually shoudnt play. i didnt had any problem in delirium league and i was running really juiced burials till 100 back then.
Second problem i have is my loading time this league are 10 to 100 times longer. normally it was a few seconds or even less but this league i sometimes need a couple minutes to load a map.

I have no clue how you managed to make this game multiple times more performance hungry but you really ruined my expierence. i had a laggy, blurry time till now and ended with a 200 ex char and 20 ex in maps that i cant run. the first gives me already 3 fps and the second just straight up crash my game.
Last edited by CatchemAll on Feb 23, 2021, 6:30:27 PM
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2021, 5:48:25 AM
following because i have the same exact issue, been looking for a fix for almost a week...
"
CatchemAll wrote:
Im really, really sad. Performance was horrible for me all league even so i put everything on lowest levels. When i run 100% deli canyons my game crashes multiple times till all 6 portals are gone. Its so frustrating to finally reach endgame and craft maps for multiple ex and then not being able to run them.

System:
- i7 7700K
- 16 GB Ram
- GTX 1060 6GB

I didnt play harvest and Heist because of my work and i should probably thank you for making it unplayable because i actually shoudnt play. i didnt had any problem in delirium league and i was running really juiced burials till 100 back then.
Second problem i have is my loading time this league are 10 to 100 times longer. normally it was a few seconds or even less but this league i sometimes need a couple minutes to load a map.

I have no clue how you managed to make this game multiple times more performance hungry but you really ruined my expierence. i had a laggy, blurry time till now and ended with a 200 ex char and 20 ex in maps that i cant run. the first gives me already 3 fps and the second just straight up crash my game.

1. Juiced maps are common, just because streamers make them a big deal don't make it so, no, you are not running maps you spent exalts to craft, that's bs, either that or you are doing something horribly wrong.
2. They changed something with the asset loading, and had to adjust it so that initial load takes abit longer because it preloads essential files instead of bare minimum, which caused issues this league.

Also, check your hardware, honestly. I am running the game at basically perfect 80-120 fps, even with delirium, and no i am not running monster setup, and i have crashed this league....once, maybe twice. If it was a rampant issue, everyone would be experiencing it.
No rest for the wicked.
"
Daiena wrote:
"
CatchemAll wrote:

System:
- i7 7700K
- 16 GB Ram
- GTX 1060 6GB

1. Juiced maps are common, just because streamers make them a big deal don't make it so, no, you are not running maps you spent exalts to craft, that's bs, either that or you are doing something horribly wrong.
2. They changed something with the asset loading, and had to adjust it so that initial load takes abit longer because it preloads essential files instead of bare minimum, which caused issues this league.

Also, check your hardware, honestly. I am running the game at basically perfect 80-120 fps, even with delirium, and no i am not running monster setup, and i have crashed this league....once, maybe twice. If it was a rampant issue, everyone would be experiencing it.

So lets analyze this together; a perfect canyon 15 fracture (meaning 35% hillock slam, 5 deli orb, sextants arent consumed, elder influence, AND blight enchant with either beyond or nemesis fractured on it), goes for around 2.5ex per. The fractured fossil + resonator + blocking fossils together is a little over 2ex, but you also pay the fee for fracturing off someone who has the base (generally goes for 10 copies for 50-80c).

Now lets say you believe all this is too expensive and a rip-off and you wanted to craft your own base so you dont have to pay a fracture cost. First, you start by target farming lira arthrain (or whatever lower right is) with the atlas passive granting "maps can drop with blight". eventually, and with many many attempts, you find a t15 canyon with blight. BUT you also need elder influence. so you keep farming and eventually you find what youre looking for. THEN you chaos/alch+scour spam till you get either the beyond mod or nemesis mod. After that, you find someone selling the harvest craft for "1/3 prefixes are fractured" or "1/5 modifiers are fractured" which arent too expensive, but if you fracture the wrong mod, you start from step 1 again. so lets say you do 1/3 prefixes for the better odds, thats on average 3 attempts from step 1. Now the hard parts over, you have to decide what deli orbs to put. Most decide scarab are the most profitable for canyon, tower people like the currency/harb. Hillock slam and harvest craft "cannot consume sextant" and you have your base.

So you can either pay ~2.5ex per map, make the base yourself (but still pay around 2ex per), or buy the map base yourself which sells around 30-35ex.

This is also on top of the ~20ex investment for the auspicious and laden titanium watchstones +however many awakened/elevated sextants it takes to roll the exact 4 you want. (this shouldnt be considered for this argument though, its a 1 time cost).

what was that again about doing something horribly wrong? if you have a cheaper way to reproduce these results, id love to hear it.

EDIT: also, just because YOU dont have the issue (because you actually arent doing the content we are doing), doesnt mean that many of us ARENT having issues. Take a quick scan of the front page of tech problems and theres literally >3 threads of this exact issue. 100% deli + beyond + diplomatic causes instant dc/crashes.
Last edited by methSifu on Feb 24, 2021, 7:29:28 AM
bump
EDIT: still wondering about that cheaper method we've been messing up
Last edited by methSifu on Feb 26, 2021, 11:41:04 PM
the guy saying we're doing something wrong pm'ed me this:

Quite honestly i just, and i can post in in the topic as well if want me to, wouldn't.

Running fractured maps is like running necro ele hit, you throw enough currency at it and you will brute force a result.

I just assumed you weren't as dumb in-game as you are in terms of tech, so i straight up assumed you were making using fractures as an argument for the sake of adding flare.

But hey, as i said, i can make the post, won't changed the fact your game runs like shit and has nothing to do with the client, just like for the 90 of the mutts bitching that their game won't run properly while not even having a clue what's a usb port.

bbbbbumppppppp
bump
bump
"
Daiena wrote:
"
CatchemAll wrote:

System:
- i7 7700K
- 16 GB Ram
- GTX 1060 6GB

"Check your hardware, honestly".

30+ year old tech adept here. Sitting pretty on a 2060, i9, 32 gb ddr4 2133 mhz, low temp across the board and a 250/250. The game runs like shit for me and a buddy, both been at PoE for almost a decade now.

It's something wonky with the game or some settings, kid. Not soley people's hardware.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info