How to bring coop/group-play back

"
kiadaw wrote:
That train has already gone. In fact I think there never wer any trains.

If you want a good MP experience, play another game.

Anyway, I will list some problems.

1) Over the top effects, even solo.

2) FPS drops

3) Stupid loot system (WHy can't PoE has personal loot like every other games out there)

4) Level design, especially the cell-type just choke points, & did I mention the small S doors. One players standing at door & no one can get out/in
Also most levels do not have a linear/set path so group can stay together

5) Limited portals. I personally think linking how many times you can reentered an area by portals is bad design, even worst for MP. If people want to return to twon every 10 sec, let thme do it. Set a limit how many time a person can died before locked out if thats the reason for it.

6) Map mods. Many peoplelooved this, but I hatred this. A, it is time wasted that you could be killing stuff, but mandatory or you be wasting your maps.
Importantly for MP, that means you have to make sure the mods you roll will not impact all the players, or some players will be just predestains or sitting duck. Especially mods like reflect. or not leech/regen

7) Most contents are not challenging to need to group up. End up one/2 players rush through, the rest picking up the left overs like janitors.

8) Atlas linked to individual, & group affect Atlas. I guess less so these days without the silly Elder/shaper influences a while ago

These are some of the thing that comes to my mind.

this, a lot. In fewer words, even.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Have the available options to be turned on off by leader during party

Disable headhunter

Disable on kill explosion mod on items

Aurabots are still crazy

Last edited by poe2000000 on Feb 25, 2021, 1:14:16 AM
Thats easy. Look to WoW Raids or even OG inferno D3 where help and synergies were required to even get through elite packs which some took a hilarious 5-10 minutes to beat like elite Teleporting Morlus in act 4.

Of course the antisocial would hate it. I would probably hate it and try it solo and get wrecked and cry that I finally have to join a guild after 8 years. No more SSF.

The zoom zoomers would hate it more because everything would have to change about pace.

I don't know with crowd thats playing this game how well it would be received overall - but it will probably never happen because GGG sees increasing numbers with powercreep, crazy clear, looty, and carpel tunnel game they delved into.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Feb 25, 2021, 1:47:43 AM
Ehhh I hate to say it but i think poe is permanently a post group play game

There are simply too many things that get in the way of it.

the zoom zoom game play

the screen clutter due to the run away scaling we have now

the inconsistent progress people get when playing together in the myriad of meta progression systems we have.

the lack of instanced loot which makes it difficult to justify cooperation when only one dude seems to get the good drops.

All the interacting mechanics in builds that can scale too far in groups .. trivializing everything. ( aura bots , curse bots .. etc)

The 6 portal system actively punishing deaths , drops , crashes .. all of which hit groups more than solos

I mean I get headaches playing path of exile these days because how much a visual fuck fest it is.

it is the only game i own that does this. I can play 7 hours of valhiem and be fine

I cant last an hour of poe without eye strain.

If poe is such a visual mess when solo. god there is no way id survive groups.
-
Last edited by Blubbey on Apr 12, 2021, 6:37:31 PM
I have a fair amount of play time this season after taking a break for a while. I leveld 2 chars to 100 and I have to say there are some major problems with group play

1) You are gonna ruin your Eyes if you constantly grind in 6man groups

2) Even with permanent allaocation only the host really gets rewarded.

3) If you die on a boss and you won't be back in time it's "your fault and you should have know better or invested more"

4) Generally it's a 1man show with the rest of free support. It's not worth your time if you are not hosting

I always thought this is the better game over Diablo 3, but is it? Sure it has an endgame, but then again most of the stuff here is not free to play at all

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info