Search in Map stach tab broken

ref-number: 493.497.621

When I search for influenced/blighted/delirium maps in my map stash tab the highlighting of the results do not get propagated to the higher level map category tabs the same way it happens when you search for map names or regions.

This makes the search functionality for this type of search useless since you have to click every individual map tab anyway to see the highlighted result.

I already posted this a while ago https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2902341

Spoiler
Last bumped on Mar 29, 2021, 3:38:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I confirm. Same here.

Acutally I was frightened to have lost my blight-maps (ref: blight-tab problem).

My workaround waiting for a fix: store all the blight-maps in a standard-tab - there the search/find works.
It's an engine limitation, not a bug.
Map tab is actually spread over 9082 mini-tabs, one for each base, and searching through all of them at once would be very resource-consuming. So the only things you can search globally is things that are tied to the base, like map name and region. Map-specific searches, like rarity or mods or implicits, are limited to current mini-tab.
Thank you for the response. Here I my humble thoughts:

For the user/player this is not an explanation for various reasons:

1) "Blight"-search works fine in normal tabs.
2) "Blight" is displayed as part of the name and hence not considered a 'hidden or nested' stat.
3) It is the efficient workflow to do some Blight-maps at once. What do you suggest to do in order to retrieve the second, third and fourth blighted map?

Being a programmer myself I deeply sympathize with technical restrictions, but maybe there are solutions to overcome the "9082 mini-tab time explosion", don't you agree?

Let us brainstorm:
- Deny inserting blight-maps into the map-tab.
- Create a dedicated blight-map sub-tab in the map-tab.
- React to 'stop-words' i.e. which will not be searched with a prompt, so that the player understands his blight-maps are not gone. Are they really gone if you control-click them into the blight-tab?
- mid-term: rebuild the full-text indexer and optimize retrieval.

I write all this just to help the community and GGG. Hope it helps.
If you have a tab with blight affinity, blighted maps will be sent there instead of map affinity tab.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info