Friday coming, no big event (private league)?

I'm sure there will be at least one more event, and sadly most likely another 10 days Gauntlet, but for those who enjoy competing and winning something that's more than pixels is this good enough for you to support?

If the game and its organizers fail to keep you interested being engaged, playing, enjoying and supporting this product, guess who has most to lose? Events at this point need to be happening consistently, and the Delve event already ended Monday. By the time Friday comes that's four days of break, and since there isn't anything happening, that means you are looking at anywhere from 10+ days to weeks before something else happens.

I know it can be done and I know why it's not being done, which is why the community that still plays this game the way I play it will be paying attention to that. Echoes of the Atlas still has not opened my wallet and my support for the top PoE streamers remains the same.

Finally, ask yourself these things. How much cash pool GGG could bring (contribute) to the community for both hardcore and softcore events if it never paid/used money on resources for:

1) Music ( play the game without music)
2) Forum + in-game moderation (don't need em)
3) Advertisement (don't need ads to find good games)
4) Tech related issues (wouldn't be issues if they were fixed in 2014)

Since the launch of PoE in 2013, the only good thing its done was adding the Elder/Shaper and Delve content. Everything else has been just more push for mainstream, more push for bloat and being bullied to buy more tabs of convenience. Everything that contributs to more "difficulty" in the game is good for competition, good for one to separate from the many, which is why whenever I see things added that mitigate that, it only makes the game less competitive.

The game in 2014 had better performance and when it comes to desync, yes it was a big issue, but not for most who had a good and stable connection. All I am trying to say is they've caused more issues than they've fixed with the resources they've been using these past 5-6 years, which is how they've lost a lot of support, and also why we never saw events with cash prizes for both the softcore and hardcore community.

I was trading in 2014 by using the /trade 1-20 chat channels, and it was a far more enjoyable and engaging social experience, where I end up having more currency than most, again thanks to my trading skills, that is until SSF arrived, and then I never looked back at multiplayer + trading in this game, especially with the more bloat that kept coming every league, as well as the more advanced bot army.

The 2014 version compared to now would only need more random and personal experience, so the content like existing skills, ascendancies, etc. consistently change in power, where players through overcoming content and challenges discover on their own what works best for them in a given league/event. Things like POB, public profiles and streamers wouldn't be able to hand hold the community like they are today, and that would create again more diversity, more creativity for builds, and for one to separate from the many.

Chris Wilson and the most "influential" streamers need to step up if they're finally going to succeed at making me support them and this product significantly more than I've been through the many years. I am not that difficult, I just want what I'm sure many want around here, that is the many who survived Heist, and every other issues that has come since Legion/Delirium/Blight and Harvest.

I want a game where there's things (events) consistently happening that are keeping me engaged, thrilled, and overall to have a strong sense that I have an opportunity to compete, and being properly rewarded if I happened to find success, that is after showing a great interest in placticing/learning and overall enjoying playing this product, and like I said above, it's on Chris Wilson and the rest of the organizers to give me more opportunities to do that and separate from others. If the objective of the game was to just run straight through 3000-5000 meters to the finish, then yes that is why USADA exist, because in that category the only way to separate from others is by how strong or fit your body is to reach the end before the many others.
Last edited by Kopogero on Feb 18, 2021, 12:15:17 AM
Last bumped on Feb 18, 2021, 2:30:13 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Kopogero wrote:

I want a game where there's things (events) consistently happening that are keeping me engaged.

solution: go play another game, seem like you play the wrong game since POE has never been that type of game.

special league happened once in a while, but consistently? never.

also, feel bad for you, get instantly moved, attention gain rate -80% after all hard work.
Last edited by Ozxell on Feb 17, 2021, 7:33:02 PM
@Ozxell, it's called censorship. Any place that gets far more attention is heavily censored, like the general discussion or Reddit. Most of my threads I've made in the past months end up being moved within seconds here, yet there's countless of other threads of "feedback" that remain in the general discussion.

Mods now no longer only have "feelings" where something should be, but they also are the ones who decide what ends up where, rather than those who pay their salaries like me, which is why they will continue to receive the bare minimum from me, which is $50 per decade.

GGG has stepped up its censorship from years back, because at the ends that's how certain companies choose to deal with information, and usually because they prefer to benefit from the ignorance of others, keeping their market in the dark as long as possible, rather than being required to act and deliver once being exposed.

Uncle Sam will keep baking you that half baked pie as long as enough are buying it to cover his bills.

oh god, not another one of those...don't feed him guys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info