Chaos damage and bossing

I'm playing a poisen cyclone build and walked through tier 11 like nothing and then tier 12 and bosses like warlord and other conquerors that I usually have no problems with are like unkillable. Does anyone have an idea of poisen is just unplayable at high levels or if they implemented a huge change at tier 12, way more than past leagues? I don't know what's going wrong but it's crazy.
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2021, 10:19:32 PM
Generally, ailments like Poison or Bleed are only really good on skills that have an Ailment multiplier (or a specific Poison multiplier).

For example, Cobra Lash has a built-in +50 to Dot Multi for poison from Crits, and Pestilent Strike has a built-in 30% more Poison Duration.

These types of multipliers make it much easier to get the damage you want with Poison, versus using a skill that doesn't have those built-in multipliers.

I'm not saying Poison Cyclone can't work, it's just harder to do than a skill that has a natural advantage. This is similar to how Lacerate and Earthquake are the best Bleed melee skills, because Lacerate has a huge built-in More multiplier on Bleed damage, and Earthquake has a built in Ailment Damage multiplier for the Aftershocks.

Did you follow a build guide, or design the character yourself?

If you want some help, link your profile (and make sure characters are set to "public"), I'd be happy to take a look.

If you followed a guide, give me a link to the guide as well.
Last edited by QQPQ on Feb 16, 2021, 10:21:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info