Crimson Township boss encounter ground effects are difficult to see with red/green colorblindness

The red on red application of these effects are nearly impossible to perceive by someone with red/green colorblindness.It is a dark red (I think?) spell on a dark red/dark random colored background. I can only barely tell it's happening by the actions of the boss, but once on the ground it's too difficult to perceive. Combined with the other mechanics of the fight, there's no way I would ever attempt this boss again.

I would suggest that you need to revisit the color palette on this encounter or you need to build in more accessibility features into your graphics options. This encounter is not the only offender (Sirus is really bad as well), it's just the worst offender. There are a number of games that do this well, including some of Rockstar's options that used to be horrible offenders in this arena.

You have successfully fixed this sort of issue in the past when the volatiles in Delirium were too difficult to see. The red hue you used there, on a grey background, is more visible.

In the future, please refrain from red on red, red on green, and green on green, especially if it's something that kills us. There has to be at least one staff member or tester that's red/green colorblind, I would suggest bringing them in for consultation of problematic encounters. Or heck, I'd do it for free and I already work in QA.

Thanks for reading (hopefully).
Last bumped on Feb 11, 2021, 12:12:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info