[3.13] Fire Hydrosphere [Pinball] Totems Chieftain

Greetings,

Ever wondered how would a newly introduced skill behave when combined with Totems? Well... The Hydrosphere does something you wouldn't expect.
The Hydrosphere goes bing bong.

Hydrosphere going bing bong:

- T10 Breachland
- Yellow map
- Red map
- Shallow Delve
- Low tier Maven invitation

Skill gems:

[6] Hydrosphere + Spell Totem + Faster Casting + Controlled Destruction + Cold to Fire + Conc /Empower /Added Fire /Iron Will /Combustion /Fire Penetration
[4] Flame Dash + Second Wind + Faster Casting + Onslaught/Culling Strike
[4] CWDT(9) + Immortal Call(11) + Tempest Shield(12) + Inc Dur
[4] Flammability + Faster Casting + Inc AoE + Empower
[3] Enduring Cry + Inc AoE + Inc Dur
[3] Lightning Golem + Faster Casting + Empower
[1] Hatred

- My gear (for easier visuals):
Spoiler

Gear aka legs chosen:

Skin of the Loyal - looks cooler than Tabula with +2 to Duration Gems.

Tukohama Fortress - +1 Totem count.

Replica Cold Iron Point - +3 to Cold spells beats dmg-wise any crafted wand that I encountered in my experience.

Clear Mind - the dams.

Vivinsect - objectively better version of Essence Worm for Mortal Conviction builds.

Torchoak Step - I don't think we want additional Totem placement speed, as it would more often cause 2 Totems to spawn accidentally instead of one and screw with our tactical placement.

Doryani's Invitation - if you want damage belt on a budget.

Ngmahu Tiki, Pyre, Izaro's Turmoil, Carcass Jack - are some other good options but only when we can squeeze them in and get away with capped resistances.

All of the above uniques are within Chaoses budget. If you want to spend more go for perfect rolls and corrupted versions (especially of body armour).

The rest is for rares with Life and Resistances and other interesting stuff.

Cluster jewels:
For Cluster Jewels mainly aim to get Ancestral Reach and Ancestral Echo in a Medium.

Usual flasks:
Spoiler

Things to prioritize on a skill tree and gear:
- Totem damage
- Fire/Cold/Physical/Elemental damage
- Spell damage
- Cast speed
- Area damage/of effect
- Dex (98 for Hatred) and Int (155 for Hydrosphere)
- Endurance charges
- Life
- Resistances
- Light radius

Skill tree:

Bandits: Kill all or Oak, don't think about it too hard.

Ascendancy:
Chiefing on a tain.

ATTENTION:
Hydrosphere Totems DO NOT prevent reflect damage.
They behave as if you yourself are dealing the damage (perhaps double negation cancels in coding(?): neither Totems nor Hydrosphere itself counts as the one dealing damage - so seems like it's back to you).
Implications:
- Proximity shield positioning: you don't have to drop Totems on heads of shielded enemies - just run inside the bubble sphere yourself.
- Ascendancy leech nodes choice: there is no need to pick up Totem leech node in the upper right corner - Totems heal us straigth up with leech. Instead we choose regular Fire damage leeched as life - which benefits our fully converted Hydrosphere Totems damage. Which is even better as of 3.13 Totem leech perk no longer provides Area of effect which we would previously get incidentally.
You can also benefit from this fact by getting Lab enchant leech on your boots.
Also worth noting is that Hydrosphere is a physical object and will occasionally block you in narrow corridors and doorways.

<whispering>
shhhh don't tell GGG, ascendancy points are more useful that way

For most things Totems (Twitch):
https://www.twitch.tv/dungo4th

Happy huntings, Dungo
Chieftain Master Race
Last edited by Dungo420 on Mar 27, 2021, 10:35:56 PM
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2021, 4:38:19 AM
Any video for gameplay?
"
andrelb1 wrote:
Any video for gameplay?

Added. More might come soon.
Chieftain Master Race
"
Dungo420 wrote:
"
andrelb1 wrote:
Any video for gameplay?

Added. More might come soon.

Thx alot..

Did you pic Chief for the Toten life leech??? Maybe a hiero could output more damage and better regens??
Just some questions, the reason to use 3 totens, is to cast mor e hydrospheres?? cuz im doing that and looks like i can have only 1 hydro uptime...

and as a spell skill, we do not get improvesd with "attack skills toten" Nodes???
"
andrelb1 wrote:
Just some questions, the reason to use 3 totens, is to cast mor e hydrospheres?? cuz im doing that and looks like i can have only 1 hydro uptime...

and as a spell skill, we do not get improvesd with "attack skills toten" Nodes???

You can only have 1 Hydrosphere at any time, regardless of your totem number.
From what I tested myself increasing the totem number gets it's pulses to fire more frequently. You can see that especially well when dropping 1 or more totems on the head of a boss.
Chieftain Master Race
"
Dungo420 wrote:
"
andrelb1 wrote:

You can only have 1 Hydrosphere at any time, regardless of your totem number.
From what I tested myself increasing the totem number gets it's pulses to fire more frequently. You can see that especially well when dropping 1 or more totems on the head of a boss.

Yeah, i just tested it...

i would like to share some ideas (but i didnt tested), first one, is to use Xoph Blood... we get some fire pen and a free prointo to realocate Avatar of fire...

Second idea is to use the toten links in to a Frostferno... and we got the chest free to change in to a Kaom Heart, or another 6l.

If you chose to go in to a 6L chest, you can roll as Scion and drop Ancestral Bound and creat another 6l with armagedon brand with Ignite and you still keep 3 totens with Chief + Heero nodes from scion...

Or, you can jsut keep scion + Ancestral Bound + Koam Heart, for a nice life pool (6500+) and 4 totens....

sorry for my bad english haha
wouldn't a ring with flammability on hit,20% increased effect better,i mean i know at max gem its not better but it would open the helmet 4-links fr something else
Last edited by PoisonedBuffs on Feb 15, 2021, 6:10:35 AM
"
PoisonedBuffs wrote:
wouldn't a ring with flammability on hit,20% increased effect better,i mean i know at max gem its not better but it would open the helmet 4-links fr something else

Interesting idea, it might actually work with the quirky mechanics of Hydrosphere. Also; what would you put in opened 4link?
Chieftain Master Race

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info