Another Use for Microtransactions

Look, you guys use the Darksouls model to deliver story and lore. Meaning: like 85% of everything known about the setting in inferred from dialogue or item descriptions. So... why not use cosmetics as one more vector for disseminating lore? W.E people you have writing fluff for items? Yeah, just get them to write similar tidbits for microtransactions. Would give Kitten Cat Noodle more research material if nothing else. :P
''The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense. And eventually, you'll be dead.''
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2021, 4:58:04 PM
"
Emiscary wrote:
Look, you guys use the Darksouls model to deliver story and lore. Meaning: like 85% of everything known about the setting in inferred from dialogue or item descriptions. So... why not use cosmetics as one more vector for disseminating lore? W.E people you have writing fluff for items? Yeah, just get them to write similar tidbits for microtransactions. Would give Kitten Cat Noodle more research material if nothing else. :P

Interesting concept, certainly a possibility to explore!
I just got the strangest feeling... it was as though I just rolled a snowball down the side of a mountain and watched it grow with mounting horror...

(TL;DR: keep it supplemental, please? It would be reaaally obnoxious if you locked core story details behind paywalls ME3 style.)
''The universe is a cruel, uncaring void. The key to being happy isn't to search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense. And eventually, you'll be dead.''
Last edited by Emiscary on Feb 6, 2021, 7:54:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info