New Microtransactions - Arctic Fox Pet, Frost Viking Cloak and Frost Viking Weapon Skin

hey that sword looks uncannily familiar... cant place from where though
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
And I'm still waiting for the old Boxes mtx to come out
Definitely 'cool'

Would be awesome if the axes could detach from the cloak and be used when not attacking. :)
Another great looking weapon option that doesn't work on wands :(

Props to the artists, of course.
AWESOME cloak ^^
We've never had an icy light armor, like a snow white robe with icy particles. Maybe next time? So far all the icy armor sets are heavy/medium weight.
Option to turn off mtx when?
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
okay the Cloak is siiiiiiick
Tail of the fox looks weird :/ Doesn't fit.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Shauneh13 wrote:
Nearly $30 CAD for a fox pet... I refuse to believe you make more money pricing something so ridiculous, over a reasonable $5-10 dollars for what something is actually worth, and allowing a larger part of the player base to afford something nice.

Feed myself, or an f'in fox pet for $30. Also don't want to hear any BS about "You don't have to buy blah blah". That's not the point. The point is, I am 110% certain they can get 6 people to buy it at $5 vs a single person at $30 and please a lot more of the player base.

If that were true, don't you think they'd do it? After all, according to your logic it'd make them more money, thanks to higher sales numbers. Evidently they don't think so, presumably based on the sales data they have. It's well known that microtransaction-funded games make a large portion of their revenue from a smaller number of whales rather than their revenue being generated evenly from across their entire playerbase. I'm guessing that's what GGG finds to be the case as well, hence why it's important to squeeze those fewer players for as much as they're willing to give. The non-whale players probably mostly contribute via stuff like stash tabs, character slots or even the hideout music player - all of which of priced lower (or rather regularly put on discount) in order to reflect this / cater to them. Cosmetics are for all the rich whales. It's worked so far, why would they change tactics now?

How do you know what their numbers would look like if they have never had lower prices? You're assuming they have data on how their sales would be with lower priced items, while them never having had lower priced new released items... Everything they ever put out is ridiculously priced, even their sales are worthless; $80 CAD for wings on "sale" uh huh, right.

I enjoy the game, and would love to support it more, however I will never pay for something not worth my dollar, as I am sure MAJORITY of the people feel this way. Stash tabs and such are the least you can do for the company assuming you even play and enjoy the game; I have put what I would consider fair for the amount of leagues I've played back into the game, and considering I have enjoyed this league so far I will most like put more in (Which is about $78 CAD for a supporter pack). However a f'in tiny ass fox pet (that I could draw and animate in a day without already in game assets.) for $30 is just absurd, especially considering how rough this league start has been, and still going.

P.S. There was a post a while back https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2003269/page/1 where people were asked by a GM Bex on here if they buy MTX on sale only. Where majority, at the time of my last read post were 80-90% yes. Small samples indeed, however if they never try releasing stuff at a better price tag, we will never know how much money they would gain or lose.

P.P.S. Not everyone enjoys looking like they are wearing a potato sack 24/7, I'm sure they could make more money selling past skins for a hell of a lot cheaper, and giving their whales a chance to pig out on new stuff. ($5 off a $100 item after a year+ is not a sale).
Last edited by Shauneh13 on Feb 2, 2021, 3:42:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info