New player level 90 help/suggestions on improving my gear

Hello,

So I have played POE before but I am completely new to the endgame. I currently sit at level 90 and am following a chieftain cyclone guide which I am having a very fun time with. My issue comes with progressing at this point as I am now doing red maps and find myself having at least 2-3 deaths per map and cannot make any xp progress. I sit at 6263 hp and have my resistances capped except chaos (-44%). My gear seems pretty good however I'm sure some big improvements could be made? Looking for advice on what to change. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the help :). (I think my profile is public so you can see my gear if not please let me know)

If anyone is curious about the guide im using it is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092338 (Ngamahu's cyclone)
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 10:11:22 PM
This a good starter build but looking at the tree I see you have a jewel that is for molten strike and this is not the same as the ability on that axe unless somehow it has changed since I played this build. Maybe some other benefit not sure. Check that one.

Really it seems to be ok tree there are probably reasons for different choice in damage nodes and you seem to have a lot of health. I think when I played I took that Slaughter path for the Onslaught chance.

But maybe share a bit more as to what is killing you and in what tier maps? It seems to be too many deaths per map for this build.
Thanks for the tip about the jewel. I definitely need to upgrade that. This might sound stupid but I honestly don't even know what is killing me sometimes. I find that I will be going through tier 11-13 maps fine and at random points when fighting a pack my health will go from full to zero before I can even react. I have also had some bosses do the same to me. Im starting to think its more of me not knowing the mechanics of the boss fights and when to jump out of the way of certain attacks...but as far as the packs of mobs go I have no clue what I die from 80% of the time.
"
Hello,

So I have played POE before but I am completely new to the endgame. I currently sit at level 90 and am following a chieftain cyclone guide which I am having a very fun time with. My issue comes with progressing at this point as I am now doing red maps and find myself having at least 2-3 deaths per map and cannot make any xp progress. I sit at 6263 hp and have my resistances capped except chaos (-44%). My gear seems pretty good however I'm sure some big improvements could be made? Looking for advice on what to change. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks for the help :). (I think my profile is public so you can see my gear if not please let me know)

If anyone is curious about the guide im using it is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2092338 (Ngamahu's cyclone)

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to fully clear the red maps? This will give you a good base as to whether or not your dps is good.
Are you just plowing thru the mobs or does it take you a couple of hits per pack of mobs to kill them all?

With good movement speed boots and a Adrenaline flask it should take you 2-3 minutes tops per map.
Armour. You're missing better physical reduction. Get a better chest-something with at least 1500 armour. It'll go for something like 30-50c I think, I got mine for 30.
I am nowhere near a 2-3 min clear. I usually stop to do all the rituals (is this a waste of time?) As far as mob clear goes most things usually pop very fast but I do have some mobs that take a few hits to clear...as far as the armor goes im going to look for something better now is the carcass jack a good upgrade? I have seen my DPS go up in the 300,000 but when im just killing mobs quickly and not hitting multiple things seems to be around 100,000? what should I be upgrading to increase dps most effectively?
Last edited by SuperMightyDanks on Jan 28, 2021, 2:38:27 PM
"
I have seen my DPS go up in the 300,000 but when im just killing mobs quickly and not hitting multiple things seems to be around 100,000? what should I be upgrading to increase dps most effectively?

I assume this is tool tip DPS you are looking at. I don't know for sure, but I doubt if tool tip shows the Molten Burst damage. It will only show the base damage from the weapon which is pretty low.

Also, you might want to Q20 your gems. You can check each gem at the wiki to see what quality adds. With most melee gems, there is a pretty fast payoff if you use the vendor recipe. Or if you have enough gemcutters, you can use them, at least for you main skill gems.

Also, you aren't using your second weapon set. That's six more sockets you can use to level gems. Even if you don't need them, you can sell them or save them for other characters.
Last edited by harddaysnight on Jan 28, 2021, 3:19:18 PM
"
Thanks for the tip about the jewel. I definitely need to upgrade that. This might sound stupid but I honestly don't even know what is killing me sometimes. I find that I will be going through tier 11-13 maps fine and at random points when fighting a pack my health will go from full to zero before I can even react. I have also had some bosses do the same to me. Im starting to think its more of me not knowing the mechanics of the boss fights and when to jump out of the way of certain attacks...but as far as the packs of mobs go I have no clue what I die from 80% of the time.

Do you know about Pob (Path of Building)? It is very useful for planning and checking your build. You want the community fork edition.

I checked my old build which is similar and shows 853k cyclone plus 115k molten burst damage but I don't know if that is per ball. So I would say right around 1 million dps if Flames Advance is up and Lion's Roar is active. That is decent and yours should be similar or better. I don't know much about Rage consistency, I had melee phys socketed but other gems are same.

The funny thing though is my current build shows less than that and feels a lot more consistent than I remember this cyclone. But this still was good.

Back to gear: your one ring is just boosting INT but has no life or damage help, your amulet has low life but gets the more fire and annoint but could be better, your chest could have more life and much better armor. Carcass just adds some AOE but the life roll will be lower so not sure that would be best.
Last edited by raziekeljr on Jan 28, 2021, 10:16:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info