Patch 3.13.1 - Still Crashing to Desktop

Was excited to see the patch drop and hoped the constant crashes were resolved. Nope - crashed halfway into the first map. Is there any more info we can provide to help with the debugging?
Last bumped on May 7, 2021, 5:19:42 AM
since update, i cant play anymore.. 20sec in game and back to desktop.

edit:
no crahes anymore after Playing around in Optoins.
in Options, i put all on default in Graphics and Disabled "Reverb Enabled" in Sound and just one Port crash so far. maybe it helps
Last edited by Kelorg on Jan 27, 2021, 7:39:22 PM
Same here, I can't play for a minute straight without crashing after the patch.
Another one on the list. 1500x and 1060 6gb, didn't have _too_ many crashes before 3.13.1 but now I literally can't keep PoE open for more than a minute without it knocking me back to desktop.

Edit: Verifying game files on Steam has given me another 1.2gb Patch. Will report back if that helps.

Edit2: Nope. Got from Oriath to the stash tab in my hideout and crashed again.
Last edited by vFlagR on Jan 27, 2021, 6:48:42 PM
Same here. Crashed once immediately on load in and then again within the first 10 seconds of a map.

The game was stable for a couple of days for me. I knew this patch would wreck that.
Vulkan crashed my graphics drivers on the first map I tried. Figures. Patch didn’t do much for me to say the least. Let’s hope DX11 is more stable at least, even tho I get completely shit framerate with it.
Ninja.
Last edited by la_blue_girl on Jan 27, 2021, 6:48:05 PM
Every patch it seems GGG regresses with the crashing. Ritual was honestly the best league for not crashing for me personally until 3.13.1 . ryzen 5 1500 and an rx580 gpu , have sent multiple dxdiag reports and nothing seems to ever get done. Infuriating. Game closing with no error screen to just close again next map
Add my name to the list of constant crashes. I have had 0 issues before today's patch. Now I can't play more than 2 minutes without crashing to the desktop with no errors. So annoyed.

***UDATED***

Deleted the content of Vulkan cache folder in my PoE directory. This temporarily seemed to work as I did not crash for several minutes. I went to tab out to post this (note I am on Windowed Fullscreen) and the game once again crashed. It seems at least it is in part to do with textures and Vulkan as deleting the cache files did improve performance for a time. I am going to delete the folder again as I was downloading the latest video drivers for my GPU. Maybe a combination of both can resolve the issue? Will report back.

***UPDATE 2***

I went scorched earth policy on this issue. I updated my video card drivers once done I deleted anything in both the PoE directory the game is installed in AND the my games folder under my documents. In both of these folders I deleted any content in any folder that had cache in it. Just totally nuked all contents. I did not delete the folders. After that I rebooted. Once back in PoE my graphics settings were all back to defaults. I lowered everything back down to barebones. This so far has worked. I have not crashed or stuttered. Game is running smoothly. If this changes I will update the thread.
Last edited by Valanze on Jan 27, 2021, 7:35:10 PM
Same here. Freeze and desktop crash without any error.
Freezing after a few seconds in maps/campaign zones.
Deleted path of exile folder, didn't help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info