Need help completing my build

So I am currently running a Curse Witch based on Impending doom

I noticed a nice interaction if you trigger more curse than your limit.

Self-Cast Despair

Vixen entrapment with 4 curses

What normally happens, the first curse in Vixen will get replaced by the last curse in socket (So far so good)

HOWEVER
If you cast Despair again, for some reason, the game replace the current despair curse with fresh new one, triggering IMpending doom.

I've linked Decay to it because it gets affect by the "More damage per doom"
I have a Staff with "Trigger socketed gem on skill" with Bane and Soulrend.

All 3 are dirrent Chaos DoT which are all affected by the same modifiers.

But all of that and I still only manage around 200K dps. Anyone that could help with this weird build idea?
I am running T15 juiced maps without too much trouble but Bosses takes forever and I often run out of defensive flask.

I would really like to make it work
Path of Build code
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2021, 9:16:55 PM
Bump

I'm guessing this build can't be improved or is not worth continuing pass this point.

However, I would like to know if there is a similar idea that can be applied to this build. I have a feeling I'm missing a key part here.
I'm not a chaos dot expert, but I'm not understanding some of what you're doing here...

You have Despair in a 6L with a several supports that cannot support it. When folks put Despair in 6L, it's usually with Bane (and being triggered by Bane) afaik.

I don't get the benefit of casting 5 hexes when you can only support 4. Unless you are saying that this is what is causing the Despair recast w/Impending Doom to work.

But how much damage is ID really worth here? You will want to cast Despair quite often to trigger your Soulrend and Bane (which is an interesting approach to say the least) so you won't be able to build up much doom - at least my understanding is that the counter resets with a new cast...

You should be able to do a lot more damage with chaos dots. This feels like an awkward way to do it.

Just my two cents, and worth about what you're paying for it. :-)

Cheers and good luck. It's always fun to mess around with unusual stuff.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Jan 28, 2021, 4:27:04 PM
"
GreyLensman wrote:

You have Despair in a 6L with a several supports that cannot support it. When folks put Despair in 6L, it's usually with Bane (and being triggered by Bane) afaik.

Despair is Linked with Impending doom. Impending doom is affect with Decay Support, which in return is affect by the last 3 supports to boost DoT

"
I don't get the benefit of casting 5 hexes when you can only support 4. Unless you are saying that this is what is causing the Despair recast w/Impending Doom to work.

This is exactly why it works. I tried to use the max curses with a random standard build, but recasting when you have equal or less than your maximum won't trigger Impending doom.

"
You will want to cast Despair quite often to trigger your Soulrend and Bane (which is an interesting approach to say the least) so you won't be able to build up much doom - at least my understanding is that the counter resets with a new cast...

You understood correctly, this is why the idea is to wait for the doom to max then, cast Despair again to trigger impending doom on max doom, which boost decay damage by 480% more damage.

Soulrend and Bane will trigger when Totems are cast, so I cast 2 totems to trigger both skills and have 3 wither totems. It also helps for clear speed in general.

Bane, soulrend and Decay are 3 different Chaos DOT, they don't stack with themselves, but I think they stack with each other. If it doesn't, it might be worth to flag as a bug.
"
Despair is Linked with Impending doom. Impending doom is affect with Decay Support, which in return is affect by the last 3 supports to boost DoT

You can only support active skill gems, not other supports. Supports supporting Decay supporting ID supporting Despair doesn't work.
That seems weird because whenever I cast Depair and trigger Impdengin doom, whatever is left alive is affected by a DoT. I don't have any poison chance.

Could Decay be the exception? Since it adds a DoT effect on the Doom Blast skill (Impending doom casts a doomblast)
Whenever you cast Despair, you are triggering Bane or Soulrend, and either of those would be putting a DoT on.

I can't see how Decay could support ID, since ID is itself a support, not an active skill gem.
You missunderstandoo my test.
I removed Bane and Soulrend before testing and there is still a DoT getting applied.

I will retest, might just have been my eyes playing tricks on my brain.
Interesting. I found a post on reddit talking about Doom Blast proccing Decay. It's clearly real, but also seems to violate supports only supporting active skills. Still, if it's working...

Last edited by GreyLensman on Jan 28, 2021, 9:17:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info