laggggggggggggggggggggg

why is the performance so terrible at the moment? am getting textures not loading .massive lag spikes....desyncs and terrible frame rate? you got performance spot on when you did finally fix heist ( in fact has never been better) but now here we are new league new problems and will probally take a month before you fix it ....do you actually test ???
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2021, 7:31:00 PM
What I can tell you is that the generation of previous consoles does not help much to run this game, not to mention that your connection may take place at some point, while another would be overloaded GGG server at peak times.

I always played poe on Xbox Fat, I spent a year without playing on the consoles, this year I bought xbox series S, I started the league and I didn't have any problems with lag, crash or bugs.
I am not saying that you are obliged to buy new generation consoles, if ggg improves your servers a little, maybe it would solve half of the problems that have been happening lately.

I have 4 friends who have xbox one X and every 30-60 minutes their games close or something happens, in the X / S and PS5 series this should not happen so often.
Last edited by DaniloPaiva on Jan 22, 2021, 2:09:20 PM
i mean game does run well after they have fix league launch issues but the fact its every league now is getting annoying ...puts so may people off playing it at all ..........my friends list was full on poe players now its just a handfull
Get used to it I guess. We have all at some point(s) experienced it. We are all experiencing it, and we will all experience it again. It is an online game, what do you expect?!
Other then that, there are tons upon tons of threads around here like this and that explains to why and how and everything reason therefore. And still these theads will continue to pop.
Oh yes, and again, don´t forget, this is an ONLINE game. It is required of you to be online while playing it. At all times.
On the PS5 loading into towns I almost always see weird textures popping in after the update, not so much lag or desync... yet at least.
I am also getting big lag spikes and texture loading issues. These are different than issues that happened last league.

Rituals in particular cause serious problems.

If the Ritual contains a Boss, that Boss will often kill me before either the boss or the attack visual have loaded.

On one that didn't kill me, the Belfry map, the Kitava-boss in the Ritual never had visuals. It was there, and doing stuff, but was never on-screen.

Note that I'm on a PS4 Pro with an SSD installed, in case that makes any difference.

I assume that it would be even worse on a regular hard disk.
I played poe religously on my ps4 pro. I'd like to think it made a difference as oppose to just the slim but...

I actually ended up needing a new hard drive for the ps4 pro i was using. ( or w/e was wrong with it)

I play on a brand new gen 5 xbox and Ive never experienced more lag than now. Invisable enemies, rubber banding all the time esp if trying to flame dash, cant pick up loot. Tried changing servers. Rage quitted during the weekend and just now tried again, but no, still the same. I dont get it? About a week or so in the league it was way better. Last week has been a fucking shitfest. On rant over... love the game - please make it playable again.
It's pretty bad. The game ran amazingly well in Heist after they fixed the PS4 common client crash. I had zero problems doing all content.

Now, I can't do harvests anymore. There is a huge delay from when they spawn to when I can actually see them, and I am dead 99% of the time by then because I freeze during this pop in loading phase.

Same thing with conqueror adds in maps. Total slide show when they pop in, at least they don't kill me instantly.

Delirium mirrors fill the map with invisible mobs, but it doesn't freeze me as much as harvest pop ins(the worst of them imo).

Also those stupid on-death fireballs during ritual encounters are real fun too, they pop up invisible, but I can hear the sound they make so I know it's coming. I can't actually see it until it's right next to me, so it's basically just luck if I can dash away from it or not. Depends if it loads before it pops.

Harbingers freeze everything too. It's a mess.

I've went from playing multiple hours a day when the league first started to logging in, running a map, then logging out twice in the last 4 days. It's basically unplayable on PS4.

I give up.
Game was working just fine then bam unplayable. It is awful, terrible performing game. Oh well, 3 month league mechanics guise!!! Gotta have that player retention!!!!!!!

These dudes need to take a step back and get a handle on there very poorly performing game, there are some obvious things that work for PC that don’t here. They need to tone these graphics down, shiny things don’t need to BOOM when it doesn’t work. toss this 3 month league mechanic in the trash for console at the least considering it doesn’t work, they refuse to allocate the resources to it, so work at a pace that actually works for the community. I do not care if we get a new league every damn year, I just want a proper functioning game to play which we DO NOT HAVE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info