Stone golem AI is bugged (constant rollouts, bad target acquisition as of 3.13.1c)

ref. 1,928,736,678

As of 3.13, stone golems keep prioritizing basic melee attacks over their AoE slam ability despite it being off cooldown (my cdr for it is currently 1.1s).

The same actually happens with their rollout ability, where instead of using it they would rather casually walk towards their targets instead of dashing there.

It gets really terrible during rituals where it's super frustrating watching them constantly melee single targets instead of using AoE abilities.

As noted in replies:
- they are also quite passive even with primordial might socketed
- they tend to run towards targets off screen and never attack them
- they sometimes just stand around you and won't engage enemies until you start moving or use skills

As of patch 3.13.1c:
- their AI is still bugged
- they keep spamming rollout into walls; back and forth
- they cannot find correct pathing when using rollout to get to their next targets
- AI still doesn't prioritize AoE slams that deal massive damage compared to other attacks

What we expect:
- AoE slam on cooldown whenever possible
- basic melee attacks between AoE slam cooldowns
- rollout to be used to close in on targets only
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Feb 14, 2021, 8:45:05 AM
Last bumped on Jul 15, 2021, 12:42:18 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump

As extra info, they also tend to not attack monsters that are slightly off-screen and will just sit right next to them until I move close to them or recall them. Happened to me during blight encounters and it just feels awful compared to e.g. carrion golems, whose AI works perfectly fine.

It feels like apart from nerfing their stats their AI was completely messed up with 3.13.

All of this takes place WITH Primordial Might socketed.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Jan 21, 2021, 5:30:59 AM
I have the same issue. My Stone Golems tend to deal way less damage than they're supposed to.
Also, I'm catching them doing their default attack quite often, despite having enough Cooldown Recovery Speed.
gonna keep bumping until GGG replies.
free bump since i too have this issue with the plentiful default autos. also finding them to be very not aggressive when using support gem or primordial might. sometimes mobs will be right in our face and they will just stand there till i do something.
"
sarumusha wrote:
free bump since i too have this issue with the plentiful default autos. also finding them to be very not aggressive when using support gem or primordial might. sometimes mobs will be right in our face and they will just stand there till i do something.

Exactly what I'm experiencing.

Let's hope the AI gets fixed to the old state before the next league...
bump
bump
Please GGG notice this thread. It's getting out of hand.
Another free bump, I've noticed this a lot, I've 7 primordial harmony, 2 eminence and 1 might, the stone golem IA is messed up as mentioned, they don't spam slam as they did in previous leagues and they just ran way sometimes and do nothing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info