Hydrosphere

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2022, 4:29:02 AM
Got a few questions about the mechanics of this skill. Say I have 2 versions of this skill equipped. I summoned it using skill 1 and moved it with skill 2

1. Is the damage from the movement pulse based on skill 1 or 2
2. If I inflict freeze on it before moving it which version of the skill is the damage based on after the movement
3. Same as 2 except if I inflicted freeze after the movement
4. Is the timer between pulses from freeze reset when I move the orb or is it completely indipendant of it
5. How does damage/aoe size scale with intensity generated after the orb was created
6. Does the pulse frequency increase with cast speed but just a hidden stat (If not can we get this change?)
Last edited by Attle on Jan 20, 2021, 4:09:20 AM
Its fairly easy to test what happens if you have two versions of the skill equipped. If you try to use the second while the first is up, the first despawns and the second appears where you targeted as if you had casted the second if there was no orb existing.
Iv been too busy irl to play but i wanted info since iv been theorycrafting builds during breaks at work. Thanks for answering points 1-3.
Does the drenched debuff stack on top of exposure?
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
Really enjoying the skill so far. I'm playing with Frost Bomb Archmage, and Hydrosphere deals damage on its own, also supported with Archmage.

- how does exposure stack if the enemy is already exposed by Frost Bomb? Stronger one has the priority?
- does the sphere expose to both cold and lightning at the same time, no matter which element it's converted to?
- is it possible to freeze and shock the sphere at the same time? according to PoB, it's possible. But to which damage it gets converted to?
- regarding Anomalous quality, does cast speed have an effect on pulse frequency? (PoB may be wrong here, it changes the tick rate)
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
Attle wrote:
Got a few questions about the mechanics of this skill. Say I have 2 versions of this skill equipped. I summoned it using skill 1 and moved it with skill 2

1. Is the damage from the movement pulse based on skill 1 or 2
2. If I inflict freeze on it before moving it which version of the skill is the damage based on after the movement
3. Same as 2 except if I inflicted freeze after the movement
4. Is the timer between pulses from freeze reset when I move the orb or is it completely indipendant of it
5. How does damage/aoe size scale with intensity generated after the orb was created
6. Does the pulse frequency increase with cast speed but just a hidden stat (If not can we get this change?)

My assumption if that the "Drenched" is separate and thereforee stacks on top of exposure... but its hard to say. been running a cospri's malice assasin with it in the sword and a frost bomb with bone chil hand casted and frankly... it feels as though they stack but i have nothing more than intuition to support this claim

I too am curious about the skills "Activation frequency" my gut tells me to pretend its a brand
Delirium ended...
But the Voices never did.
Last edited by Fauxxx_NL on Feb 10, 2021, 12:05:16 AM
i notice brands cannot attach to hydrosphere. is this intended? doesn't seem to be any indication that it shouldn't, other then brands wording that it attaches to an "enemy" and hydrosphere probably isn't tagged as an enemy.

thoughts?
The skill does not grant rage when attacked by an attack skill linked with Rage support. Does not work with Crave the Slaughter of Berserker either. Is that intended, because both Rage support and Crave the Slaughter say "Gain 1 Rage on Hit with Attacks / Melee Hit". It does not say the target of the attack / Melee Hit has to be an enemy. On the other hand, Chain Hook works with the skill, while it specifically said "Gain 1 Rage if this Skill Hits any Enemies". So I'm kinda confused.
Last edited by ScorpiusXI on Feb 20, 2021, 2:50:32 AM
Hydrosphere seems to be more supplemental damage ( eg pulse and exposure) if one has gem slots available.

Any thought to have the pulses be activated/triggered every time one his the sphere.

Effectively and potentially making hydo sphere be a main damage source if on hits it fast enough.

Say something
Pulses every 0.4 seconds while Frozen, Shocked, Brittle or Sapped if not actively being hit repetitively

Pulse frequency can be increase by hitting the sphere with a secondary skill no-more then 6.66 times a sec.
EG: Pulse frequency cool down when actively begin hit =0.150sec

EG cool down rate = same cool down as COC with no investment in increased cool down recovery rate rate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info