[3.13] Aziire's CwC Hydrosphere Elementalist - Maven Ez Clap | Ritual League Starter

Any rough ideas for leveling?|"

I'm guessing something like Freezing Pulse > Storm Burst basically?

I've never played storm burst but seems like should be fairly strong with just infused channeling and whatever other random dmg gem?
I'm gonna believe and go with your build!

The only thing I don't understand quite well (occasional player here who's returning for new league) is:

you say "Predominantly a one button build with map wide clear thanks to some cheeky chain mechanics"

But I see 2 active skills in our 6links (hydrosphere + storm burst). How does the gameplay exactly works?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you :)
Last edited by Pheu on Jan 15, 2021, 12:47:35 PM
"
Pheu wrote:
I'm gonna believe and go with your build!

The only thing I don't understand quite well (occasional player here who's returning for new league) is:

you say "Predominantly a one button build with map wide clear thanks to some cheeky chain mechanics"

But I see 2 active skills in our 6links (hydrosphere + storm burst). How does the gameplay exactly works?

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you :)

Cast While Channeling.

We only cast (channel) Storm Burst. We never (and in fact CAN'T) Self-cast Hydrosphere.
What about picking up EO for leveling purposes ?
"
What about picking up EO for leveling purposes ?

It's probably not going to be that good. It's 4 pts out of the way, and it'll waste the Alira crit multi.

Edit: I just ran some tests, and with no gear EO is about a 10% dmg boost. You won't even notice that while leveling, and it'll short you 4 pts somewhere else useful.
Last edited by zz9za on Jan 15, 2021, 1:04:46 PM
What about running crackling lance instead of storm burst? It was better in terms of clear and fun last league and it got a buff to its damage on the gem.
@selphipie
"
Was curious to see what you came up with for this league after running your steel build.
Hydrosphere piqued my interest, always fun to play with new toys.
I thought I had a starter picked out but no, you had to post something interesting last minute. I'll have to stop by the stream tomorrow while at work and see how this is going for you.

We always in the business of running new league with new skill, it is what it is :D. I'll see you in stream when I'm absolutely curb stomping the Atlas

@Maethorr
"
I think part of it might be how the resetting happens, if the orb keeps the ailment for as long as it exists and the secondary duration only applies to drenched then I think using arc and just keeping it active via resetting the orb is the way to go. If the orb needs to be reactivated fairly regularly then it becomes kinda clunky and the cast while channeling works better. It just all depends on the mechanics of it.

The pulse frequency has an inbuilt time that doesn't reset when moved, but reset when the initial duration of Hydrosphere dies. When we move it with CwC it pulses on the move and just pauses the timer briefly. Nearly 2x more casts a second by triggering the skill rather than manually pumping it. It should always be afflicted with an ailment as it is being cast from our Storm Burst, which also Chills.

Our pulse frequency should look something like this:
Created > 0.35 > 0.4 > 0.7 > 0.8 > 1.05

Default is like this:
Created > 0.4 > 0.8

@Gejjzer
"
Awwww yes, someone finally post hydrosphere.

Looks fine by me, only worried about our survi - its kinda meh.

Hydrosphere Hype :D and yeah survivability is looking a little meh but I actually think it will be okay. With the Cluster Jewel we will get Blind and we have a solid amount of Block Chance. The Bastion of Elements shield will do a lot of the heavy lifting and is actually a very generous cooldown imo.

@kacper1245
"
What skill you gonna use for leveling?
I was thinking about arc or spark what do you think?

For Act 1 I will just use the generic skills like Freezing Pulse and then rock Storm Burst from Merviel onwards. Will just add Hydrosphere etc as we get them.

Storm Burst > Infused Channelling > Physical to Lightning > Added Lightning Damage or Faster Casting

@hir7z
"
This build has some really nice ideas, I will definitely give a go, thx.

I just don't understand how herald of ice will proc before we get call of the brotherhood or cluster jewel.

You are right I think Call of the Brotherhood is probably the most important item of the build. Hopefully the added Cold Damage from Herald of Ice will be enough to get us through to White Maps. Hrimsorrow could be a great way for us to do good cold damage as we convert 1/4 of our Damage to Cold (we wouldn't have hunter gloves or anything by this point).

@zz9za
"
Gonna league start this.

Fingers crossed.

I figure it's gonna be broken one way or the other...

If it's the other I can just start a TR PF later anyways.

Can't go wrong with TR PF that's for sure. Lets hope this is broken in the good way :D
"
achmedclaus wrote:
What about running crackling lance instead of storm burst? It was better in terms of clear and fun last league and it got a buff to its damage on the gem.

Not a channeled skill.

The entire point of this build is CwC.
"
achmedclaus wrote:

Crackling lance is not a channeling skill, wouldn't work for this concept. You'd have to stop and cast hydrosphere every second or so as monsters move about. This setup keeps the hydrosphere where it needs to be without any further input from player.
"
ExiledSarin wrote:
"
achmedclaus wrote:

Crackling lance is not a channeling skill, wouldn't work for this concept. You'd have to stop and cast hydrosphere every second or so as monsters move about. This setup keeps the hydrosphere where it needs to be without any further input from player.

Oh, so it's not. I never really noticed that it wasn't in my 3.12 build since it absolutely felt like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info