Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
I got lucky while getting the last two ascension points. I can have 4 spectres now, by the way :D

Anyway, I dropped and Ex and I'm eager to spend it. I've looked through some interesting wands. Mine is already pretty good I think.

But what I wanna know is, if for example the following (I don't know how to link from trade, so I'll go with text) is better than mine:

Spoiler
Can roll Minion Modifiers (implicit)
--------
Adds 4 to 9 Physical Damage
16% increased Cast Speed
+1 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
Minions deal 14% increased Damage
Minions have 15% increased Attack Speed
Minions have 14% increased Cast Speed
Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Use a Skill (crafted)

My minion damage is crafted and I guess ... I don't know. Trigger seems QoL, could do some cool shenaningans like perma desecrate/bone offering + something else or whatever, I don't know if +1 level to all spell gems justify the loss of 40% minion damage, 5% attack speed and 6% cast speed + trigger.

My spectre gem is currently level 25 with all bonuses (Original level 19) and my zombies 21 (Original 19) - I have a +3 to minion gem level helmet on me.

Please help me weighing this decision x) (Or suggestion something else to upgrade)

Running around with 1 Ape and 3 Heralds is hilarious by the way.
Oh, how many frenzy charges can my minions have? Maybe 2 apes and 2 heralds is the way to go if they can have more than one?
Nice work with your spectres LibraExAnima!

It's fun to see the enemies work for you. (The default charge limit for all characters in the game is 3 unless specifically increased.)

In terms of the weapon, yours is awesome. I love it. Good rolls all-around and power in offence. The tricky part is the +1 to spell (minions) on the other wand. Minions benefit in ALL aspects as their gem levels increase. By how much, I don't know. But if raising minion levels is your end-game goal, then that's the path you want to take. I too don't know which would be better though increasing gem levels is likely where I'd land.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Mar 2, 2021, 2:10:26 PM
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
I can't seem to get past T12/13 maps. My minions die (in large groups and when Maven is watching, I guess bad luck?) despite them being supposed to be very strong. I know I didn't skill 2 nodes that give them 10% max life, but that can't possibly the reason why I'm reaching a little wall there X.x
Looking at your setup I don't see a reason that you'd be having any issues. The only thing that slows me down in juiced-up T16s is physical reflect. Honestly, nothing else kills my minions ever. So unless it's that, I have no idea what the issue is. You and your minions do have less life on your tree than I have provided in the guide, but I'm not sure how much that'd make a difference. So if it isn't map mods, maybe start going with the guide's tree and gem setup. I'm not sure. Sorry.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler
I got lucky while getting the last two ascension points. I can have 4 spectres now, by the way :D

Anyway, I dropped and Ex and I'm eager to spend it. I've looked through some interesting wands. Mine is already pretty good I think.

But what I wanna know is, if for example the following (I don't know how to link from trade, so I'll go with text) is better than mine:

Spoiler
--------
16% increased Cast Speed

My minion damage is crafted and I guess ... I don't know. Trigger seems QoL, could do some cool shenaningans like perma desecrate/bone offering + something else or whatever, I don't know if +1 level to all spell gems justify the loss of 40% minion damage, 5% attack speed and 6% cast speed + trigger.

My spectre gem is currently level 25 with all bonuses (Original level 19) and my zombies 21 (Original 19) - I have a +3 to minion gem level helmet on me.

Please help me weighing this decision x) (Or suggestion something else to upgrade)

Oh, how many frenzy charges can my minions have? Maybe 2 apes and 2 heralds is the way to go if they can have more than one?

It's fun to see the enemies work for you. (The default charge limit for all characters in the game is 3 unless specifically increased.)

In terms of the weapon, yours is awesome. I love it. Good rolls all-around and power in offence. The tricky part is the +1 to spell (minions) on the other wand. Minions benefit in ALL aspects as their gem levels increase. By how much, I don't know. But if raising minion levels is your end-game goal, then that's the path you want to take. I too don't know which would be better though increasing gem levels is likely where I'd land.

I don't know. Usually people like to go for gem levels because it makes them better in general, I'm not sure that's applicable to Zombies since I'd need to have them at level 25 for a 9th zombie - which is only possible if I get +4 levels from somewhere, +3 if it's a corrupted 21 gem I guess. However I've noticed that I don't have much quality on them yet, so that probably makes a difference.

Is spelltrigger strictly crafting or can it be rolled on wands? If that only comes through crafting, I'm gonna stick to mine or search for a wand with + to gem levels but without trigger, so I maybe can craft minion damage on it.

By the way, I died a lot of times - and I didn't see it because I couldn't see aaaaaaaaaaaanything with all those effects going about - to that bugger: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abaxoth,_the_End_of_All_That_Is

On 3 different maps in succession by the way. I didn't even know he exists but for some reason I had unreasonably bad luck encountering him three times without even noticing it before I asked in the general chat what the heck killed me by describing what's going on. I'm so gonna avoid beyond-mods at all costs forever because he's absolutely unkillable with this build. (Unluckily for me all three maps also had a frenzy mod...)

I'm not sure how to handle high mass ritual sites yet. Not at all. It seems extremely questionable to deal with, even if playing as RF witch. I'm starting to dislike the rituals alot :D They're most of the time fine, but often they're so annoying to deal with. Ugh. (Try completing a 4th level ritual with certain already annoying bosses already killed)

I'd like to see some more gameplay from others with this build in higher tier maps as well as Maven and/or Conquerer encounters.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Spoiler
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
"
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
Spoiler

Unavailable

Spoiler
--------
16% increased Cast Speed

I don't know. Usually people like to go for gem levels because it makes them better in general, I'm not sure that's applicable to Zombies since I'd need to have them at level 25 for a 9th zombie - which is only possible if I get +4 levels from somewhere, +3 if it's a corrupted 21 gem I guess. However I've noticed that I don't have much quality on them yet, so that probably makes a difference.

Is spelltrigger strictly crafting or can it be rolled on wands? If that only comes through crafting, I'm gonna stick to mine or search for a wand with + to gem levels but without trigger, so I maybe can craft minion damage on it.

By the way, I died a lot of times - and I didn't see it because I couldn't see aaaaaaaaaaaanything with all those effects going about - to that bugger: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Abaxoth,_the_End_of_All_That_Is

On 3 different maps in succession by the way. I didn't even know he exists but for some reason I had unreasonably bad luck encountering him three times without even noticing it before I asked in the general chat what the heck killed me by describing what's going on. I'm so gonna avoid beyond-mods at all costs forever because he's absolutely unkillable with this build. (Unluckily for me all three maps also had a frenzy mod...)

I'm not sure how to handle high mass ritual sites yet. Not at all. It seems extremely questionable to deal with, even if playing as RF witch. I'm starting to dislike the rituals alot :D They're most of the time fine, but often they're so annoying to deal with. Ugh. (Try completing a 4th level ritual with certain already annoying bosses already killed)

I'd like to see some more gameplay from others with this build in higher tier maps as well as Maven and/or Conquerer encounters.

I would definitely get +1 and craft damage on it. You can fossil craft a +1 minion and +1 spell gem, that's my ultimate gaol but I'm playing ssf and haven't seen a 4 socket resonator yet. I did however get this today after spending at least 100 chaos and 300 alterations. That +1 to minions is elusive.

Also for the answer to the high density rituals and all bosses as well look to the links in my wand. Chaos golem + Feeding Frenzy + Vaal skeletons. It would also help with your beyond boss.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Royella wrote:

I would definitely get +1 and craft damage on it. You can fossil craft a +1 minion and +1 spell gem, that's my ultimate gaol but I'm playing ssf and haven't seen a 4 socket resonator yet. I did however get this today after spending at least 100 chaos and 300 alterations. That +1 to minions is elusive.
Unavailable

Also for the answer to the high density rituals and all bosses as well look to the links in my wand. Chaos golem + Feeding Frenzy + Vaal skeletons. It would also help with your beyond boss.

Vaal Skeleton really seems tempting (I'd need to see where I can fit it), the problem with that specific encounter however is that he casts ginormous vaal flameblasts all the time so it's impossible to stay near him and my minions get fried. The closest I got was maybe beating him down to 90% before I ran out of minions (and corpses) and died :D

I'll see what I can do with crafting in time. I've never really bothered with crafting because it seems so complicated. Harvesting from time to time, when I am able to beat the monsters, and the usual bench crafting. But nothing else beside that.
Want to play a beginner friendly, highly expandable and reliable build? Try WreckerOfDays' ! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2606288 -- My Hideout -> https://hideoutshowcase.com/hideout/show/2881
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 2, 2021, 3:40:58 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
LibraExAnima wrote:
"
Royella wrote:

Vaal Skeleton really seems tempting (I'd need to see where I can fit it), the problem with that specific encounter however is that he casts ginormous vaal flameblasts all the time so it's impossible to stay near him and my minions get fried. The closest I got was maybe beating him down to 90% before I ran out of minions (and corpses) and died :D

I'll see what I can do with crafting in time. I've never really bothered with crafting because it seems so complicated. Harvesting from time to time, when I am able to beat the monsters, and the usual bench crafting. But nothing else beside that.

For the +1 minion or +1 spells (I'd take either using this method) You can just chaos spam or use alt augs. When alt/auging augment high minion damage rolls to see if +1 pops up. It's pretty simple there, you should get a plus one in less currency than it took me, I had some bad luck. As for fossil crafting the dream wand:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2656016/page/1#p22445612
It seems like I completely underestimated the value of the vaal skeletons, they were extremely useful. For one I can afk in low tier maps when doing rituals (Heh) and the monsters don't go after me immediately. That's pretty cool. They're not very durable but they can be resummoned pretty fast I'd say. They probably won't be useful in areas where there are no adds at all, but other than that, cool! Should've started using them earlier.

Edit in regards to skeletons: It seems I don't need adds to charge the vaal?

I'll keep the crafting stuff in mind, thank you for sharing the link. I've always found crafting very difficult to wrap my head around. And usually I gimp my stuff to the point where I have to buy new stuff.

@Wrecky; I've adjusted the tree to be closer to the original tree again. I think that'll be better and more versatile since before it was mixed with the Baron guide passive tree. I've also invested into Block & Spellblock in the tree (Under glancing blows) to properly use the potential of that node. Also now I'm overcapped on ele resistances and have more freedom with the gear or run ele weakness map mods comfortably.

Edit in regards to block: Removed the points again because I made me a 5 passive cluster jewel with 2 notables. Small gives +12% minion life and the notables are Dread March (Minion 10% life, movement speed, addition phys. reduction, 10 chaos resistance) and Feasting Fiends (10% life, 10% damage, life leech on hit) and enhanced the cluster with a normal jewel that gives me 7% life, resists and minion damage. That's quite the upgrade I think! :D

By the way I'm thinking of saving for Atziri's Reflection. Trade is going decently I think, so I think that's achievable. What do you think of the shield? I mean it provides curse immunity (Oy!), improves our vulnerability curse, provides up to 30% triple resistances and even though it has no life and no armour (T.T), it gives a ton of energy shield. Aside from that of course it reflects curses, but I'm not sure if that's important to us. Do you think the trade off is worth it?
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 2, 2021, 9:27:58 PM
Playing this on my PS5 and loving it so far, but as my only active skill is Shield Charge, wondering:

- Can you control shield charge? I was hoping that by hitting shield charge again after activating it, it would stop the charge, but often, for example during rituals, shield charge moves me further than I wanted to go, and i end up zig-zagging around to apply curses. I assume not, i just need to get used to it.

- What are some good examples of "adding some flavor" to this build if we want to feel more active (when and if we're ready)? I was debating adding back SRS to feel like I was doing something more, but not sure if that on an unset ring will do much.

- Any good Unique recommendations for this if we had currency to spare?
"
Ceremony wrote:
Playing this on my PS5 and loving it so far, but as my only active skill is Shield Charge, wondering:

- Can you control shield charge? I was hoping that by hitting shield charge again after activating it, it would stop the charge, but often, for example during rituals, shield charge moves me further than I wanted to go, and i end up zig-zagging around to apply curses. I assume not, i just need to get used to it.

Shield Charge can feel a bit clunky. I don't think we can control it. As you said, you'll get used to it.
Finished first time Sirus today! I've made it until his last phase where the oneshot beams start, I need to learn that part still. Had 2 portals left and beat him down to around 20% before I got me some help. Almost got killed in the last labyrinth, jee I got lucky! lol Got the heeby jeebies when I got ported into the maze. With more practice I'm sure I will get him without help!

Edit: Remind me to ALWAYS check that Maven does NOT watch T14-16 bosses. That was a nasty surprise when she started healing the damn Minotaur! lol
Last edited by LibraExAnima on Mar 3, 2021, 11:38:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info