Stress-Free PoE! BONE ZOMBIES: No Required Items! 1-Button Play! SSF League Start-End! 3.13

"
gkloyy wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker i have set my profile so u can see the items can u see if i need to improve anything that might help in doing end game content?
Dang gkloyy!

I have almost the exact same message for you as well. Thank you for your patience and I also don't see anything wrong with your build. You're at 6000 life, fully ascended, capped resists, unmodified gems...honestly, outside of the improvements that we all want to make to our builds, the setup looks perfect. I'll paste here what I wrote above as it's just as relevant; not in an apathetic way at all.

So I'm honestly not sure where the one-shots are coming from. I clear the highest content with this exact setup and it works fine for my style...so maybe it's map mod combos? Some map mods, though they may seem minor set apart, can actually be really brutal when combined with other innocent-looking mods. It could also be familiarity? PoE is a game, despite all of the random stuff that happens, that really benefits players with experience. Certain looks, tells, animations, where to be with certain pack combos...and of course, the crazy new content that no one has dealt with yet (like Sirus invasions). That all takes getting used to. AND coupled with that, the closer quarter combat of Fortify just doesn't suit some people. Some people just like the ranged verion of minions with Predator Support instead of Meat Shield. You could always try Predator Support as your button instead of Meat Shield if that distance suits you more. You'd lose Fortify though.

I'm sorry this didn't answer your question. Hopefully, something in here was helpful. Just remember to keep moving. Move slowly, without panic, but keep moving. It'll help you get used to certain encounters.

I'll make sure to play this build in a day or two to show some high-end gameplay so that it can be compared once it's posted. Check out the example video in the meantime and see if my style is that different than yours.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
throbORdie wrote:
Done!
:) Done what?

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
The best time to move on from a filter is when the one you're using is annoying you. That kinda happens naturally as you'll be set with your items and really only looking for occasional improvements instead of desperately looking for a much-needed upgrade.

If you're a loot LOVER, there isn't really a reason to go up to the tier two filter except for the sake of clutter. Filter 2 only shows the tops of each base type but the guide specific filter is for builds that don't care about Armour, Evasion, or ES. So the Tops aren't going to be better, it's just less clutter.

I think I'm not ready to switch then. Still at the beginning of maps.

Tops84 means I should switch when I'm at least at level 84 of my character since it's bound to item level that can drop?

Sorry for the stupid question, this is my second league...
"
revanxp wrote:
Spoiler
"
The best time to move on from a filter is when the one you're using is annoying you. That kinda happens naturally as you'll be set with your items and really only looking for occasional improvements instead of desperately looking for a much-needed upgrade.

If you're a loot LOVER, there isn't really a reason to go up to the tier two filter except for the sake of clutter. Filter 2 only shows the tops of each base type but the guide specific filter is for builds that don't care about Armour, Evasion, or ES. So the Tops aren't going to be better, it's just less clutter.

I think I'm not ready to switch then. Still at the beginning of maps.

Tops84 means I should switch when I'm at least at level 84 of my character since it's bound to item level that can drop?

Sorry for the stupid question, this is my second league...
No no no. Don't you worry revanxp!

You ask whatever you like. It's better to know than to guess. Good for you for asking.

The 84 filters are for when you're only looking for the BEST rolled mods. So only once you're REALLY happy with your gear and you're only looking for minor improvements to your gear. Basically, the 84 filters will only show gear that drops in T15/16s. So it's not about character level, but item level.

Stick on filters one or two for now. Only when you have gear that has great life and resists on everything do you want to move on.

Make sense?

Annnnnd

The higher CWDT gets levelled the lower the probability is of Feeding Frenzy to get cast and thus obviously I lose the effect of FF.
Is there anything I am overlooking here?

BTW: the guide is great. Only in the beginning I had to figure out to use SRS and skeletons for levelling.
But in the end, you could make the guide 5 times as thorough as it already is and someone would still miss out things, I guess ;-)

"
Spoiler
"
Poe_Marauder wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker!

I decided to spend my virgin post on thanking you for this awesome build. :) I've been using it since 3.11 with some tweaks when you updated to 3.12 . It even looks like almost no update is required for 3.13, which is great, because I'm in no mood to start over. ;) Not even for the current league. I think I will just re-run the atlas with the new maps on standard SSF.

I'm kinda curious why you decided to drop Predator in favour of Meat Shield for the zombies. To be honest, swapping Meat Shield for Predator between 3.11 and 3.12 was one of the (if not the) greatest canges for me because it gave us some control over What the zombies are focusing on.

So I think I will keep Predator for now. :)

Thanks again for not only creating the build, but also for keeping it fresh and up top date! :)

Keep up the great work, and see you in Wraeclast. :)
You rock Poe_Marauder!

It was a pleasure experiencing your first post together ;). I really appreciate your kind words and I'm glad you like the build so much. I play on Standard too. I don't like the levelling and reset process. I stick to non-legacy items so I feel just as rewarded as I would in League.

I went with Meat Shield for two reasons. I wanted a little more defence with this build and was wanting Fortify for a while and finally succumbed to Shield Charge. Fortify Support obviously puts us in the middle of combat. Having Predator Support without Meat Shield would have the zombies too far away if the packs of mobs were big enough. The zombies would get a little to far away to be protective of me. So, with Fortify being a part of the build, I wanted the zombies close and taunting. Yes, taunting can come from gems, but this way, it's always guaranteed no matter what drops.

I also felt "obligated" to use Predator Support as a button because when the button isn't in use, it's weaker than a lot of supports that could have been in there. So with Shield Charge + Predatory Support, it became a two-button build. That really doesn't matter of course, that just a personal thing for me...though I guess so is the former point.

If you like the old way, go for it. Choose the playstyle that suits you and have an awesome time.

Thanks again for your great post.

Hi again!

Thanks for the explanation and warm words. :) To be honest, I kinda did miss the movement skill in the 3.12 iteration of the build too. I still have the levelled-up gems somewhere in my stash, I will try to fiddle with both setups and see which one I like better. :)

Predator works great for bosses, as I don't have to be as close to them as I needed to be with Meat Shield (if I recall correctly), but I will try give both setups a go one more time. :)

Thanks again for the explanation, and keep being awesome! :D
Last edited by Poe_Marauder on Jan 29, 2021, 7:51:42 AM
"
clerino wrote:
Spoiler
The higher CWDT gets levelled the lower the probability is of Feeding Frenzy to get cast and thus obviously I lose the effect of FF.

BTW: the guide is great. Only in the beginning I had to figure out to use SRS and skeletons for levelling.
But in the end, you could make the guide 5 times as thorough as it already is and someone would still miss out things, I guess ;-)
Thanks clerino!

I'm glad the guide is working well for you. Ya, levelling can be tricky sometimes but once you get past the initial stages, it really starts to click. The game is so big, that no matter what's explained, it's easy to forget what was said. It a game that requires a lot of re-referencing. I appreciate your understanding for sure.

The part of Feeding Frenzy that you're overlooking is that it is a Support gem. So CwDT doesn't cast it. That specific CwDT only casts the golem. It's then the golem's hits that have a chance at giving us the Feeding Frenzy buff.

Does that make sense?

Annnnnd

"
Poe_Marauder wrote:
Spoiler
Hi again!

Thanks for the explanation and warm words. :) To be honest, I kinda did miss the movement skill in the 3.12 iteration of the build too. I still have the levelled-up gems somewhere in my stash, I will try to fiddle with both setups and see which one I like better. :)

Predator works great for bosses, as I don't have to be as close to them as I needed to be with Meat Shield (if I recall correctly), but I will try give both setups a go one more time. :)

Thanks again for the explanation, and keep being awesome! :D
Awesome Poe_Marauder!

I'm happy to help. There are so many ways to play the game and so many different personalities playing it. So make sure you play the way that suits you the most. Keep in mind that the build is focused on the way it's presented and written, so sometimes small changes can be big changes. So change what suits you but then keep your eyes peeled for other ways to maximize your version of the build.

Thanks for your awesomeness too!

Annnnnd

"
"
clerino wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks clerino!

I'm glad the guide is working well for you. Ya, levelling can be tricky sometimes but once you get past the initial stages, it really starts to click. The game is so big, that no matter what's explained, it's easy to forget what was said. It a game that requires a lot of re-referencing. I appreciate your understanding for sure.

The part of Feeding Frenzy that you're overlooking is that it is a Support gem. So CwDT doesn't cast it. That specific CwDT only casts the golem. It's then the golem's hits that have a chance at giving us the Feeding Frenzy buff.

Does that make sense?

Thx, I did indeed overlook that.

I am in act 8 now and it really works well. I get one-shotted now and then but this is mainly lack of practice.
I'm kind of new to the game but love the idea of necromancers so I started playing this build and have been enjoying it so far.

I have a question about cast when damage taken support and summon chaos golem, the in game UI when I highlight over cast when damage taken support has an X next to summon chaos golem which I assume would mean it wont work is this a new change in the new league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info