Stress-Free PoE! SLOW-MO GUNSLINGER (AW): No Required Items|1-Button Play|SSF League Start-End|3.13

"
MalaikatMaut wrote:
Spoiler
I'm still working toward higher end game content. My expectation is that they'll die because I lose a few here and there every now and again already. I'd love to run support spectres with blood magic, golem, feed frenzy or an animated guardian in place of zombies with minion life, but I think it's all too squishy. They're just low invest utility for now, so when they die I just recast. Any better ideas for min/max or for that 4 link spot with softcore trade in mind?
Ok. Cool MalaikatMaut!

Let us know how your changes fare in the harsher content for sure!

I'm not really sure what to put there in the Zombie link. You've modified the build quite a lot. Why not a low-level CwDT with Phase Run or Withering Step, Convocation, Purifying Flame? I like that kind of stuff.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
definitely enjoying the mass explosions of Profane Bloom. have 3 labs done, last one will be withering presence, which will be a big help with gearing as I am having trouble finding anything with chaos resist that has other usable attributes.
starting to build up a decent treasury, so will see what I can find with life to replace Tabula. that may also cascade into letting me swap out other items to get life instead of resists.
thank you for the suggestions
Awesome kendo3!

Ya, Profane Bloom is the best part of the build ;).

It's a grind. You're doing awesome. Hopefully the gear drops for you soon enough.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

LoL, at least I am good for something.

In your guide, you mention your preference for Bladefall over Ethereal Knives. May I ask why? Thx
You bet dlvbrown1969!

Ek is cast from the user horizontally while BF comes from the sky. So EK would need some pierce to be as effective as BF since it only hits the first enemies it comes into contact with while BF will hit all enemies within range no matter what.

BF also doesn't require contact to apply Lingering Blades. Well I guess it does, but since EK casts horizontally, it needs walls (most of which have inconsistent collision detection) while BF just needs the ground, which always works. So you won't run into a case where you won't have lingering blades.

I'll be putting this in the guide in time.

Good question.

Annnnnd

"
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler

LoL, at least I am good for something.

In your guide, you mention your preference for Bladefall over Ethereal Knives. May I ask why? Thx
You bet dlvbrown1969!

Ek is cast from the user horizontally while BF comes from the sky. So EK would need some pierce to be as effective as BF since it only hits the first enemies it comes into contact with while BF will hit all enemies within range no matter what.

BF also doesn't require contact to apply Lingering Blades. Well I guess it does, but since EK casts horizontally, it needs walls (most of which have inconsistent collision detection) while BF just needs the ground, which always works. So you won't run into a case where you won't have lingering blades.

I'll be putting this in the guide in time.

Good question.

Awesome explanation. I speculated it was a line of sight issue...plus, to be honest, the EK is a little too "stand still" for a non tank build. The BF seems more mobile. If course, I've yet to try it as I'm still leveling and my DeX isn't high enough. Does EK or BF do any measurable damage in comparison to the AW? In other words, is there a reason to level BF at all?

Edit: I just bought a BF. Didn't realize I could try it with Dex as low as I have right now. Ironically, even though it is more mobile in my opinion, I feel squishier using it. I guess because it has a shorter range compared to EK shooting off screen. It will take some getting used to. I'm glad I'm trying it now when I'm still in the story and not end game. Your video demonstration is now all the more impressive. You hardly took any damage in that t16 map ...
Last edited by dlvbrown1969 on Feb 3, 2021, 7:04:31 PM
hope I am not being too much of a pest but this build has really caught my fancy and have enjoyed looking at all the variations people have come up with and trying to get an understanding of how some of the options stack up.

which leads to today's questions.

saw a couple of posts about using cold iron point to raise the level of several of our physical gems. I have used cold iron with some previous golem builds and they are a huge boost to both minion damage and survivability. however, I am not seeing a way to use them and maintain the extreme QoL from using spellslinger which requires you to cast a projectile attack from a wand. the quick, one-button activation of blade fall and animate weapon is the primary reason I am enjoying this build

I see several people extolling the use of Holy Relic and can see why. however, I had a jewel drop that grants "minions have a 5% chance to taunt on hit with attacks" and Holy Relic has the unfortunate attribute that minions can't taunt. it's hard to tell how well the taunt works but seems like mobs will frequently be heading towards me, stop, turn around and head towards some of the animated weapons. this helps me avoid damage but might also be part of the reason they are frequently dying in tight groups. anyway, question is whether the Holy Relic or minion taunt would be better overall, in most circumstances. I have an unset ring I could use for the Holy Relic, so could easily add it to the mix without having to pull a slot away from other things
Hi Wrecker,
as I mentioned I am a noob to this game, so this might be silly.

Your setup is
4 Link - Offering (Socket in any 4-link)
Cast When Damage Taken (Level 2)
Desecrate (Level 8)
Spirit Offering (Level 8)
Purifying Flame (Level 12)
&
2 Link, 1 Socket - Slow-Mo Blasphemy (Socket in any 3-socket)
Blasphemy Support
Temporal Chains
- Any movement skill you want

I am thinking about
Desecrate (Level 8)
Withering Step (Level 9 only)
&
3 Link - Slow-Mo (Socket in any 3-link)
Purifying Flame
Hextouch Support
Temporal Chains

I am thinking about removing the Blasphemy support, so this could possibly free up some reduced mana reservation passive skill points? This would change the 1 button play to 2 button play and PF would be cast into the thick of the fight just like KB.
Thanks as always!
Last edited by huoc on Feb 4, 2021, 8:31:03 AM
"
dlvbrown1969 wrote:
Spoiler
Awesome explanation. I speculated it was a line of sight issue...plus, to be honest, the EK is a little too "stand still" for a non tank build. The BF seems more mobile. If course, I've yet to try it as I'm still leveling and my DeX isn't high enough. Does EK or BF do any measurable damage in comparison to the AW? In other words, is there a reason to level BF at all?

Edit: I just bought a BF. Didn't realize I could try it with Dex as low as I have right now. Ironically, even though it is more mobile in my opinion, I feel squishier using it. I guess because it has a shorter range compared to EK shooting off screen. It will take some getting used to. I'm glad I'm trying it now when I'm still in the story and not end game. Your video demonstration is now all the more impressive. You hardly took any damage in that t16 map ...
Hey dlvbrown1969!

Awesome. I'm glad it helped. Both Lingering Blade skills do great damage as primary skills but garbage for us. The reason to level either bother levelling either of these skills is that levelling them increases the amount of lingering blades on the ground. It's not too big of a deal but the more blades on the ground, the more guaranteed we are that we'll summon one per click.

Good job trying out either. You'll likely switch back and forth even into maps until you just end up hating one ;).

Thanks for the kind words. I really like this build. I actually had some HARSH rolls last night and got the crap kicked out of me. But I also had some epic fights with Rogue Metamorphs, Sirus invaders, and Beyond (which seemed to roll on every map)...it was awesome.

Annnnnd

"
kendo3 wrote:
Spoiler
hope I am not being too much of a pest but this build has really caught my fancy and have enjoyed looking at all the variations people have come up with and trying to get an understanding of how some of the options stack up.

which leads to today's questions.

saw a couple of posts about using cold iron point to raise the level of several of our physical gems. I have used cold iron with some previous golem builds and they are a huge boost to both minion damage and survivability. however, I am not seeing a way to use them and maintain the extreme QoL from using spellslinger which requires you to cast a projectile attack from a wand. the quick, one-button activation of blade fall and animate weapon is the primary reason I am enjoying this build

I see several people extolling the use of Holy Relic and can see why. however, I had a jewel drop that grants "minions have a 5% chance to taunt on hit with attacks" and Holy Relic has the unfortunate attribute that minions can't taunt. it's hard to tell how well the taunt works but seems like mobs will frequently be heading towards me, stop, turn around and head towards some of the animated weapons. this helps me avoid damage but might also be part of the reason they are frequently dying in tight groups. anyway, question is whether the Holy Relic or minion taunt would be better overall, in most circumstances. I have an unset ring I could use for the Holy Relic, so could easily add it to the mix without having to pull a slot away from other things
You're not a pest at all kendo3! Ask away!

Ya. Cold Iron Point is strong, but not a wand. So you'd have to completely change the build around to make it work. You're more than welcome to of course, but that'd be on you. There are craftable and tradeable options out there too that raise global gem levels...but you'd have to weigh the cost.

I'm currently playing with Holy Relic and waiting until it's level 20 to see if it needs extra support to survive. I'd still keep taunt in your build as it'll work great with the Golem (which is on CwDT). If you find survivability for the Relic low, you could always replace Steelskin with it...but I haven't played that way yet so I don't know how it'd work out.

Annnnnd

"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

Your setup is
Desecrate (Level 8)
&
Blasphemy Support
Temporal Chains

I am thinking about
Desecrate (Level 8)
&
Purifying Flame
Hextouch Support
Temporal Chains

I am thinking about removing the Blasphemy support, so this could possibly free up some reduced mana reservation passive skill points? This would change the 1 button play to 2 button play and PF would be cast into the thick of the fight just like KB.
Thanks as always!
Hey huoc!

That's a really good set-up! Really good. I love Withering Step. Just as long as you keep spamming PF as TC is a HUGE part of survivability while casting AW. So if you can keep both AW and PF going, that addition looks solid. Nice tinkering.

Annnnnd

"
"
huoc wrote:
Spoiler
Hi Wrecker,

Your setup is
Desecrate (Level 8)
&
Blasphemy Support
Temporal Chains

I am thinking about
Desecrate (Level 8)
&
Purifying Flame
Hextouch Support
Temporal Chains

Thanks as always!
Hey huoc!

That's a really good set-up! Really good. I love Withering Step. Just as long as you keep spamming PF as TC is a HUGE part of survivability while casting AW. So if you can keep both AW and PF going, that addition looks solid. Nice tinkering.

Thank you! I have not gotten to the part where I could have all the mana reservation skills up, so I have a question regarding this.
Assuming KB and PF can be spammed on rotation of course, could this mean that six reduced mana reservation passives can be freed up (4 around and including Sovereignity and 2 next to Influence)?
Then these six points could be used for minion damage (3 to the SE of Retribution, 2 next to Righteous Army and Redemption and 1 next to Fearsom Force)? That would be great (if it can be done).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info