[3.13] Ignite Explosive Arrow Deadeye

Have been trying to make one ever since it was guttet in Delirium, anyone improvement ideas on a realistic budget? https://pastebin.com/Da4rLgHm (Helmet is there to simulate resistances spread out over rares)
Last bumped on Feb 6, 2021, 12:58:05 AM
I think this build in particular has significantly too much branching in it. If you were to go deadeye, there are many good nodes for you to get right in the ranger part of the tree. I'm trying out elementalist explosive arrow, this is what I have come up with so far (WiP as well). Not sure about many aspects of it, but I thought Id show you what I had come up with.

https://pastebin.com/5bDiGi6Q

I tried to confine myself to the Deadeye region but the sheer amount of DPS that EO provides in combination with the other nodes in the vacinity made me go to the Witch region of the tree. From the looks of it the DPS of our builds are rather similar but the Attackspeed to Arrows per Shot Ratio doesnt seem to allow you to stack 20 Arrows on the enemy currently. I thought about doing an Elementalist too but wouldnt the exposure route be more effective then golem scaling? the reason i went with Deadeye was that i wanted to try the new Ring that was teased.
I'm not quite sure where you are seeing our dps as similar, as I'm pretty sure mine is decently higher in both the barrage and my GMP setups. I think you could get a lot better mileage out of the ranger part of the tree, or by taking advantage of cluster jewels. Additionally, I'm able to get ~70% physical damage reduction by going elementalist, more life since I'm not pathing so much, and the new aegis for like a 2k overshield, which will be helpful. I'm not quite sure if I will reach 20 arrows stacked with this current setup, but with some investment I'm pretty sure I can reach it. Barrage + additional arrows on bow + the potion alone should get me there with my attack speed, I believe.

I simply mean to say that I agree there are powerful nodes in the witch area, but I think it is just far too expensive to be branching that far for such a little payoff. 20% damage for that many nodes doesn't seem to be functioning well.
Your DPS is higher because my PoB has the option of Sirus DPS on aswell as less pieces of equipment used and most of the life diffrence is also because of that item diffrence, i will however try to use a bit more around the Deadeye to seeif it makes it a bit more skillpoint efficient
Looks good. I think I'll try

I've been doing an ignite EA build since deli without much issue and slowly improving on it as i go, however with Raider. Can be a tad squishy here and there since its dodge/evasion reliant, but the recent changes to raider made it much safer overall with perma phasing [aka perm ailment immmunity!] and additional spell/attack dodge. [55% attack dodge, 45% spell dodge, 41% evasion chance]

POB: https://pastebin.com/63pgK2KN 2.22s ignite duration.

With just 5 fuses you're at 4m ignite dps. This is with no gmp/barrage so you're getting rougly 5 fuses before the timer expires, typically. In theory if you manage to hit 20 fuses on a target with this you'll net 23m ignite dps. Though this isn't realistically obtainable without barrage at minimum which of course bumps damage down.

If you replace Awakened Swift Affliction with barrage support you can easily attain 20 fuses which bumps the dps up to around 6m.

For general clear you can throw in GMP instead of Barrage support which makes a single fuse do roughly 500k dps, which is plenty for maps and most rares, or simply put swift back in and let ignite proliferation do some heavy lifting but this only increases each arrow to 750k ignite dps

I believe you can even replace Signal Fire with a crafted quiver with damage multi+fire damage multi+ additional arrow and cook in some additional bonuses without too much loss or even a net gain but i haven't experimented there quite yet.

In addition the chest piece i'm using is mostly just me tinkering further and isn't too important as with the changes to Raider getting permanent ailment immunity with Quartz and Veil you can change the headpiece to a rare with resists to compensate for the ones the chest hosts and even use Kaom's for the life/fire damage [only an et gain of 200k dps at 5 fuses, but somewhere around 700 extra life]

Edit: I should also mention/suggest that if you choose to keep a socketed chest that you can consider using IC instead of steelskin, but ymmv. Herald of agony is also just a random insert and not important overall and can be changed to whatever.

Edit 2: I'm also realizing I never got a proper EA head chant, so i'd suggest the increased duration one as this will let you squeeze more fuses in when you can safely stand still. Increased damage is fine too, but we'll get more net out of fuses as they kinda multiply on each other.
Last edited by Mereneth on Feb 6, 2021, 1:04:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info