[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

Saw this before 3.13, and decided to give a run only to the concept, not the build.
Last time I used Divine Ire was with Synthesis, and it was on a Totem. Eager to make the Witch go SuperSayan again.

Reached lv81 easily, roflstomped most of the content until act6. Only character that needed to go ASAP to Normal Ascension (usually I wait for Endgame, but since the whole concept of the build is based on an Ascension Notable, I needed to break the mold for once). Ritual also gave me very nice items for the levelling up. I haven't yet started crafting items, and I already have 4.7k Life just by living by the land. Astonished.

Only thing I've bought so far is a Might of the Meek for squeezing some extra HP from Constitutin Wheel, and a Careful PLanning in the Socket over EE for Dex required (should go away the moment I manage to craft a decent Dex amulet).

I tried to focus on the Ignition part rather than the Hit build - after all, Hit is already dampened by EE. Running this to PoB gave me the best 6L as:

Divine Ire -> Infused Channeling -> Deadly Ailments -> Burning damage -> Swift Affliction -> Ignite Proliferation

I considered Ignite Proliferation as a "nice to have 6L", but had to swap it for Infused Channeling. Why? Because when you go Ritual you don't really have that much time to stand charging your beam, with all that ruckus. However, the Ignite Proliferation works wonder in case of sudden spawn of Proximity Shield mobs and, in general, to turn the whole Ritual area in a fiery feast of burning damage. Even better with Bitter rituals, where all enemies are grouped around the Altar, and Opulent rituals, where you can just run to the cursed coin shower and let the burn do their jobs while taking extra IIQ/IIR for pratically no downside.

Some other tweaks in my setup I've run across in order to squeeze some more damage, to take as insights on how to pump the damage even higher:

> Arcane Cloak - Arcane Surge - Increase Duration : My setup uses Dynamo, so that even in Stasis maps I can still count on 20% Mana without the hassle of going with a mana/hybrid flask. Arcane Cloak, per se, has no flat mana cost, so it can be cast even without mana - you gain a cloak for 0, and will start getting back your Mana. When, instead, it's used at its best (which is not 100% mana, since some of it is reserved to HoT and HoP), it manages to spend enough mana even to trigger a Lv20 Arcane surge. The net result is an Instant (so that it does not break the charging) boost both as added Lightning Damage and as More Spell Damage

> Lightning Golem - Flame golem - Chaos golem - eleArmy : The worst part of this Elementalist is the absence of Exposures, if we don't rely on Clusters. So, how about letting the Golems do the job for us instead? Lightning and Flame will give both a Lightning and Fire exposure for extra lightning damage from hit and burning damage from ignite.
(NOTE: the whole use of Golems will eventually be swapped and regretted the moment I manage to craft a decent Fire cluster and get the "Nearby Enemy are Fire Exposed" Notable. Apparently, it qualifies as "Exposure inflicted from you", which would turn it into a -40% Exposure toppled with the mana regen just by walking around

> Orb of Storm - Innervation - Culling Strike - Combustion : Orb of Storm is the utility skill, alright. So, let's put as much utility as possible: Combustion will trigger with the charging hits from Divine Ire, giving an extra lower FireRes to the enemy we are going to burn. Innervation will put those culled kills at better use by turning it into an extra lightning flat damage to further increase the Hit damage.

> Elemental Weakness : This leaves the Curse skill out of use - either I make Lightning Warp lose Faster Casting in order to accomodate it, or I self-cast it (maybe with Doomsday on?). The fact remains, however: according to PoB, the Combined Damage is better with EW rather than Flammability.

---

Lastly, a heartfelt thank you @OP for the clever idea on how to turn this skill to something even deadlier than it already is

EDIT:

"
Tiegs wrote:
how do you convert the 50% phys from divine ire ?

Personally, I reach it by allocating/anointing Divine Wrath and perfect-crafting the extra 25% phys2Light on a pair of gloves. This will give you exactly 100%. Since this also requires you to do some unveilinig, you may want to go Physical to Lightning Support until you manage to unveil that mod
For applying exposure i think the best option is using a new base helmet with Socketed Skills Apply Fire,Cold And Lightning Exposure On Hit like this (-10% for each element), then using Mastermind of Discord gives us a total of -35% res.

You always can use scorching ray for bosses. You don't need it for mobs.
Why it is required to go 100% phys to light?
"
davido123 wrote:
For applying exposure i think the best option is using a new base helmet with Socketed Skills Apply Fire,Cold And Lightning Exposure On Hit like this (-10% for each element), then using Mastermind of Discord gives us a total of -35% res.

Didn't know about that new Base. Definitiley, -10% eleRes is ridiculously low for an Elementalist to compensate for. Will get one of those ASAP

As for Scorching ray, I was considering it at first on a Spell Totem - Multiple Totem - Fastcast - Scorching, but ultimately choose to rely on Golems for proccing exposure considering they are virtually immortal with the new ascendancy and, together with the Sentinels of Purity, sometimes they manage to distract a boss long enough for me to charge up another hit. Also, "body-as-a-shield" are always nice to have against powerful non-piercing projectile attacks/spells. True, Scorching ray would be some extra non-hitting DoT skill if I instead used it selfcast, but would only limit itself to a strong fire exposure.

Perhaps if I used a staff... a big problem in this build is how to build defences. I am still on the fence whether go for dual Sceptre (could also save some points if I use those new bases from Heist, albeit the extra 2-3 points I'll save won't cover the potential 40% Elemental Damage I trade off) or Sceptre + Shield. For now, I'll go for "Kill them before they can act" - Life and Aegis are relatively good for survivability anyway for now, I expect things to change when I'll reach T14-16 farming.

That said, the new base changes everything. Useful as they are, I'd rather trade the safety of the three golems for the extra utility on the Orb of Storm

P.S.

"
Cedvin wrote:
Why it is required to go 100% phys to light?

Because you will want to get as much damage boost as possible from any node that increase your Lightning Damage AND you don't want to deal with some pesky Physical Reflect mod on a map - against which your Aegis would be useless since it covers only elemental damage.
"
davido123 wrote:

amazing base, i assume the exposure on hit mod works with the golems, right?
@Maxtrux Thanks ! And btw which ascendancy did you took ? I'm still not sure which one I should choose, maybe same as in the pob but the new aegis thing isn't chosen. Not sure if it's worth droping either shaper of storms or shaper of flames
"
Tiegs wrote:
@Maxtrux Thanks ! And btw which ascendancy did you took ? I'm still not sure which one I should choose, maybe same as in the pob but the new aegis thing isn't chosen. Not sure if it's worth droping either shaper of storms or shaper of flames

the build relies on the 100% ignite from the shaper os flames
what about going with kaoms + staff + rumi and spec into staff nodes with glancing blows and unwevaring stance as defensive option? at base we got something like 56/20 block and shitload of hp
"
Cedvin wrote:
what about going with kaoms + staff + rumi and spec into staff nodes with glancing blows and unwevaring stance as defensive option? at base we got something like 56/20 block and shitload of hp

ive made something like this, gear is just template shit, obviously searing touch is not ideal but its cheap as hell, over 6 mil dps with max block, 7.2k hp, possibly 4 skillpoints to be freed from sovereignty (dunno how mana will feel)

https://pastebin.com/yQVTAVpe
Last edited by Cedvin on Jan 18, 2021, 10:12:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info