[3.13] Divine Ire Igniter Elementalist | 30 Million Damage Pure Lightning Ignites

"
NuclearCha0s wrote:
Yeah I mean initially I had +3 extra golems with anima stone. That's not worth it though, definitely.

I am really not sure about Aegis though. It only absorbs elemental damage, has a high recharge time (so doesn't work well for fast mapping/delve etc.) and the dmg loss from losing shock is huge.

Any thoughts on actual effectiveness?

I have my doubts that it is worth it. Most people that talked about taking it instead of Shaper of Storms just see it as "exchange damage for more defense". That is a faulty point of view. For PoE the old saying "a good offense is the best defense" is always somewhat true. Losing like 30-40% of our total damage means stuff will have a lot more time to hurt us. And all we get in exchange is a shield that will do nothing against physical and chaos damage, the two things most dangerous for this kind of build.

I would not reccommend it now, but in the end I haven't played the build yet so can't say for certain if I ever feel like it is a good trade. But it is very doubtful.
Last edited by Mecielle on Jan 15, 2021, 7:33:57 AM
"
NuclearCha0s wrote:
Yeah I mean initially I had +3 extra golems with anima stone. That's not worth it though, definitely.

I am really not sure about Aegis though. It only absorbs elemental damage, has a high recharge time (so doesn't work well for fast mapping/delve etc.) and the dmg loss from losing shock is huge.

it is huge dmg but do you need dmg or survivability. U can get what u like
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
NuclearCha0s wrote:

I have my doubts that it is worth it. Most people that talked about taking it instead of Shaper of Storms just see it as "exchange damage for more defense". That is a faulty point of view. For PoE the old saying "a good offense is the best defense" is always somewhat true. Losing like 30-40% of our total damage means stuff will have a lot more time to hurt us. And all we get in exchange is a shield that will do nothing against physical and chaos damage, the two things most dangerous for this kind of build.

I would not reccommend it now, but in the end I haven't played the build yet so can't say for certain if I ever feel like it is a good trade. But it is very doubtful.

still the vast majority of the dmg u take is ele u can drop dmg on this build because it does high dmg already on no gear
im thinking of specing into the aegis shield and see how it feels if its bad ill just respec the 2 point and get shock
"
Stazz268 wrote:
im thinking of specing into the aegis shield and see how it feels if its bad ill just respec the 2 point and get shock

Same here. Not sure dmg will be enough with actual gear on a league starter, but I'll give it a shot. It will be my last lab point though.
"
NuclearCha0s wrote:
"
Stazz268 wrote:

Same here. Not sure dmg will be enough with actual gear on a league starter, but I'll give it a shot. It will be my last lab point though.

Yea, thats true anyways. Shaper of Flames always 1st, then both golem nodes. And maybe at the time you get to Uber Lab you will have a good idea of what is needed more.
How do you guys think the summon golems ascendancy point will work? It will probably summon random golems, which might be super awkward (you might have 4 fire golems in a crazy delirium and get f**ed).
"
R1ccardo wrote:
How do you guys think the summon golems ascendancy point will work? It will probably summon random golems, which might be super awkward (you might have 4 fire golems in a crazy delirium and get f**ed).

It seems pretty straightforward to me, 'summoned golems are resummoned when they die' nothing random about it.
"
R1ccardo wrote:

??? why would it work like that. That's not how summon golems has ever worked and the only thing the changes have done is made a dead golem resummon itself after 4 seconds
So Tarke uploaded a video about this ignite DMG numbers and i dont realy get it.. Big Ducks commented: "So the issue is actually with the way that PoB displays ignite damage for abilities such as this. The stat you are looking at is Total Damage per Ignite, not Ignite DPS, the ignite dps is significantly lower. I ran into a similar issue with discharge theorycrafting."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUr1gMWv37g

So now i ask myself maybe the numbers are somewhat missleading or maybe im just dumb and dont understand the problem^^

NVM checked pob a little more.. seems legit 4,8mill ignite dps
Last edited by Obermaster10 on Jan 15, 2021, 9:06:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info