Console community question's!

Good afternoon GGG staff !!
I want to ask you to give the console community some new features that improve performance and provide information on some updates.
1) Tell me when, approximately, can we expect optimization for next-generation consoles?
2) What is the number of people involved in the console version of the game as a percentage of the entire team.
3) A very big request to make for the functions of generating game sounds of different types, a setting that will allow you to disable the generation of sounds by the game and, as a result, performance, then I will explain my point of view about this problem.
Clarification on point 3:
I played on a pc for about 2000-3000 hours of the game and over time the performance of the game dropped, I found a partial reason for this behavior - there are a lot of sounds in the game and when they are generated at the same time, performance drops. I found that if in the settings of the game on the PC you reduce the sound of certain parameters to 0, then the game still continues to generate these sounds. But if you set the value to false in the configuration file, then the sounds stop generated, which is why in my case the number of frames per second increased by 15-20, and scenes with a large number of monsters became MUCH more stable.
I beg you to give answers to these questions, especially point 3, since this is a very important point for consoles. Thanks for reading.
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2021, 12:22:38 AM
Hopefully someone from GGG will answer these questions, as they are also mine and many other console players who humbly expect some position from GGG.
Hi.
I'm not sure that I can answer the first two questions but I can definitely confirm that disabling sounds in options does the same thing as the --nosound launch parameter.
We have tested this before and confirmed again today.

"
I found that if in the settings of the game on the PC you reduce the sound of certain parameters to 0, then the game still continues to generate these sounds.
This does not appear to be correct. It might have been true at some point but now if you disable all sounds in game options it stops any sound FX from generating in code.

This was confirmed by our engine team and by our tests.
"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
Hi.
I'm not sure that I can answer the first two questions but I can definitely confirm that disabling sounds in options does the same thing as the --nosound launch parameter.
We have tested this before and confirmed again today.

"
I found that if in the settings of the game on the PC you reduce the sound of certain parameters to 0, then the game still continues to generate these sounds.
This does not appear to be correct. It might have been true at some point but now if you disable all sounds in game options it stops any sound FX from generating in code.

This was confirmed by our engine team and by our tests.

But I dont want have options to disable ALL sound, i just want disable sound of effects + world sounds+music. Other sound like voice,loot filter i want to stay on. Can you confirm what it's will work too?
"
But I dont want have options to disable ALL sound, i just want disable sound of effects + world sounds+music. Other sound like voice,loot filter i want to stay on.
You can already do that in options and it works exactly as I described above.

If you disable effect sounds you remove them from computation completely.
I would add to this list the ability to make whole stash tabs the same price for all items inside like on PC.

Maybe have the ability to give certain tabs quick links to them kind of like affinities we have now.

So we can set 4 tabs as L1/L2/R1/R2

Then when we want to send an item to that tab from our inventory we hold L3 for more actions like we do now and then press one of the buttons above, this will send that item to the tabs we associated with each.

This will make it easy to sort items for selling on the consoles.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info