[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Oxtov wrote:
Great guide Odif! Thanks. I will try it in 3.13 and give some feedback. I tried your old one and it was a real pleasure. Fun, effective and very versatile.

Thanks for the feedback.

P.S.
Compared to the 3.11-3.12 build, this one will clear MUCH better with skeleton mages.

The more I research it, skeleton mages are going to be AMAZING.

Unfortunately, this means the key unique for it, Dead Reckoning Jewel, will be too expensive early league.

Hence this build having a full featured melee skel version, so people can do early mapping with melee skels.
We will follow this:

https://www.poeprices.info/uniqueitempages/dead_reckoning.html

to see if lot of people try so switch from spectres to mages :)
Last edited by Oxtov on Jan 14, 2021, 2:07:49 PM
A question for you, TS.

Why not make a "switch-one-gem"-methoid, like in kay's spectre ranged builds? (Pure spectre i believe it was). You aswell use Greater Multiple Projectiles, which is a green (or if a lil more expensive one whiote socket), whioch can then be switched during a bossfight for something else, that will raise eleental dps?
"
GrafCorwin wrote:
A question for you, TS.

Why not make a "switch-one-gem"-methoid, like in kay's spectre ranged builds? (Pure spectre i believe it was). You aswell use Greater Multiple Projectiles, which is a green (or if a lil more expensive one whiote socket), whioch can then be switched during a bossfight for something else, that will raise eleental dps?

You can definitely do this.
GMP is a green gem.
There are no good green gem replacements for single target.
Best replacement for single target is Elemental Focus, which is blue.

Thus you would need white sockets on your chest.

This makes it outside of my build guide paramaters...
"Make it VERY easy and cheap for newbies"

Gem swapping at all, violates the "easy" part too.

But yes, get some white sockets on your chest.
Gem swap for bosses.

P.S.
I forgot about Slower Projectiles.
That's green, and is decent dps.
Last edited by Odif on Jan 14, 2021, 3:32:08 PM
Uhm where the physical to elemental damage conversion is taking place?
"
Fripp wrote:
Uhm where the physical to elemental damage conversion is taking place?

unique gloves
It seems that a very good solution as Green is Hypothermia (We can even use Elemental Focus) Skitters proc Chill, we can also use for example, Winter Orb instead of Storm Brand, and link to him Cast When Channeling + Desecrate + Flesh Offering.
to lazy to check whole stuff u write but u should change ur EE cause cold damage on skele mages do the lowest damage so u should aim for boost fire and light
Last edited by zincfe on Jan 14, 2021, 4:46:30 PM
Exactly. When playing on Warrior, it has more importance, with Mages, we cannot eliminate one element that will beat less.

A very similar build is on the poebuilds channel on yt. I walk my own paths so I think I will use solutions from both builds. I already have some ideas and main foundations in head. For two days I haven't been able to decide what build i will do for the start and I'm almost sure that I'm starting with something like that. Boost for Mage looks powerful but there are relatively few guids, it will probably change over time in this league but I hope that Dead Reckoning will not be that expensive on start. If creator of the guide doesn't mind, during the league I can also post my observations and solutions that I use.
So on the 20 ex budget you mentioned in the build. What difiiculty of content will the build be able to reach? uber and awakeners and stuff?

I really like the look of your build ^^ Always liked vaal skellies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info