[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

"
Karmoth666 wrote:
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Karmoth666 wrote:

What spectres Do you use? I wanna start this build later. Thanks

Just apes for now, 3/1 for frenzy/power charges.

thanks a lot man i follow your tree now, i go the lvl way with kays skele mages than transition into yours, u have the "old" helmet that i know from pre 3.16 is it better than that what kay said? she goes maw of mischiefs only cause of mana for the skellies? why decided you for the +3 helmet?
very interesting but i follow your way

oh what pantheon do you use, evilmindcz?

thanks so far
"
Karmoth666 wrote:

thanks a lot man i follow your tree now, i go the lvl way with kays skele mages than transition into yours, u have the "old" helmet that i know from pre 3.16 is it better than that what kay said? she goes maw of mischiefs only cause of mana for the skellies? why decided you for the +3 helmet?

Not sure what Kay build you referring to, she has so many... :)
My currenty helmet is just temporal placeholder, i think endgame i will probably have +3/minion life/free prefix, because i wanna use AG, and i dont really have anything defensive for minions from tree. But i dont have enchanted helmet yet to start crafting.
"
Karmoth666 wrote:

oh what pantheon do you use, evilmindcz?

thanks so far

Brine King for freeze immunity, and the small one that refill life flasks.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
"
Karmoth666 wrote:

Not sure what Kay build you referring to, she has so many... :)
My currenty helmet is just temporal placeholder, i think endgame i will probably have +3/minion life/free prefix, because i wanna use AG, and i dont really have anything defensive for minions from tree. But i dont have enchanted helmet yet to start crafting.

thanks, the kay build is the....tatataaaa....skele mages build :-)

thanks for the pantheons
I checked the video, and to be honest, i dont really understand why Maw of Mischief. Unless the main reason is budget.
on the subject of AG, what would you recommend for its gear? is Kingmaker still the go to?
"
Lavacaverns wrote:
on the subject of AG, what would you recommend for its gear? is Kingmaker still the go to?

I dont have AG yet. But Kingmaker still looks like no brainer, best for both defence/offence, and its only like 30c now. But I'm really not sure about other things, there is lot of options now, and with my zero defence tree i cant really cap his resists anyway.

I'll probably just try yolo AG with super cheap equip first, just to see how he does. I've recorded my A8 Sirus fight yesterday, and clearly build already have more then enough DPS - and i still can get 25-27% from +2 wand, another level of skeletons and unnerve from awakened gems, enchant, my cluster lacks 10% effectivness, minion rings, etc...
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1192612090

You can see there how golem's HP is going down with no resists. So that means i can probably respec some points to minion life/regen/resist, and still have the same DPS, with new equip upgrades.
Bit new to this build, but was curious evilmindcz, are the mana reservation nodes enough to run zealotry, determination, tempest shield and vitality? I'm assuming it is since you have them all equipped, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed besides the passive nodes.
"
Zythixx wrote:
Bit new to this build, but was curious evilmindcz, are the mana reservation nodes enough to run zealotry, determination, tempest shield and vitality? I'm assuming it is since you have them all equipped, but just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I needed besides the passive nodes.

Yes it is! I have Vaal Haste too, but not as an aura, this one is just for bonus.

You need 15% reservation mastery, and its kinda sad game doent let me take it when i claim Sovereingty by Thread of Hope, otherwise i'd get lots of free points.

Then you need Determination 25% efficiency from Armour Mastery, i actually take Combat Stamina wheel just for this one.

You dont even need to take Vitality 100% efficiency, as it doesnt really do anything except you'll have more mana that you dont really need. But it might be usefull in future with some more reservation things (20% i have on my new shield is still not enought).

i believe its possible to squeeze Skitterbots too, but you'd need T1 roll on shield and some enchant, maybe losing generosity, not sure if its worth it. And we are running out of gem sockets too. This league is about defence anyway, and Determination/Vitality works great with my Vaal Molten Shell. Even regular Molten Shell, that i have on left click, adds 3900 shield for 5s (vaal version is like 5900 for 15s).

Evilmindcz - You definitely need to do a tutorial with a step-by-step on leveling your build :)

I don't know how Kay's builds are supposed to work but it doesn't work for me. They're too complicated (though that's not the right word) - I just get tired playing her builds, and Odif's build was so nice, simple. I was able to make a bigger map tier on regular items and his tree than on Kay's. But I can't adapt the old version to the new tree and general changes in game mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info