[3.14] Odif's Old Obsolete Skel Mage Guide, New one is in a new thread

BTW i just finally did Trialmaster #4, its probably hardest challenge this league for a summoner, if someone wanna see it... It has czech commentary but you can just disable sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtkdxKpG_tg
what would be a better setup to use for EE, storm brand or hydrosphere?

and why?
Thank you for the guide. Just played the Build with 1000 strengh minion and came back a month ago. But still I am kind of new to this game. Can you provide some advice for my Gear in Ulti? I still died a little bit sometime. And what will be the best for upgrading right now? I just farmed 3 Ex and kind of slow.
I am trying to find a build to afk farm blight maps, would this work for that? I need something that I can barely pay attention and be relatively ok. Does not need to be fast, just semi safe and semi afk.
"
evilmindcz wrote:
Did you guys read the Developer Q/A from last week?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3123794

This looks really relevant, i'd say he is wrong, but he is supposed to be developer of the game, so...

Q: Is there an interaction between Awakened Spell Echo and Summon Skeletons with the Dead Reckoning jewel?
A: A skeleton is not a repeat of a skill, and damage dealt by the skeletons' melee attacks or spells is dealt by that skill, not by the summon skeletons skill. The final repeat of summon skeletons technically has a chance to deal double damage, but since the summon skeletons skill cannot ever deal damage, this doesn't do anything.

We use Spell Echo on skel mages for the MORE cast speed, not the repeated cast.
Just the more cast speed alone, makes it the top dps support.
"
Asimov wrote:
I am trying to find a build to afk farm blight maps, would this work for that? I need something that I can barely pay attention and be relatively ok. Does not need to be fast, just semi safe and semi afk.

Its a great SEMI afk build for blights, but not a full afk build like some other minion builds have done in the past.

Stand on pump, cast skels and vaal skels every 20-30 seconds, keep bone offering up.
"
Afca-Mark1990 wrote:
what would be a better setup to use for EE, storm brand or hydrosphere?

and why?

Cold damage skel mages do the least damage, so any cold spell is best dps for EE.....but.....

Storm brand is just SO much better for applying stuff than any other spell. You can have 3 of them up, they last for like 8 seconds, they trigger quickly, they hit a lot of mobs...

Its a QoL thing.
"
UchihaWind wrote:
Thank you for the guide. Just played the Build with 1000 strengh minion and came back a month ago. But still I am kind of new to this game. Can you provide some advice for my Gear in Ulti? I still died a little bit sometime. And what will be the best for upgrading right now? I just farmed 3 Ex and kind of slow.

A 6 link Femurs staff, put your skels in the staff.
Get a non 6 link chest with good defenses.
Spec out of glancing blows and shield block nodes.
Spec into some staff block nodes.

This can be done for much less than 3 ex and will massively help your defense.
Last edited by Odif on May 29, 2021, 5:24:40 AM
"
Odif wrote:
"
evilmindcz wrote:
Did you guys read the Developer Q/A from last week?
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3123794

This looks really relevant, i'd say he is wrong, but he is supposed to be developer of the game, so...

Q: Is there an interaction between Awakened Spell Echo and Summon Skeletons with the Dead Reckoning jewel?
A: A skeleton is not a repeat of a skill, and damage dealt by the skeletons' melee attacks or spells is dealt by that skill, not by the summon skeletons skill. The final repeat of summon skeletons technically has a chance to deal double damage, but since the summon skeletons skill cannot ever deal damage, this doesn't do anything.

We use Spell Echo on skel mages for the MORE cast speed, not the repeated cast.
Just the more cast speed alone, makes it the top dps support.

But this is about Awakened Spell echo, not regular one. I tested it in PoB, and it really does calculate the double damage part of spell, which is exactly what makes it the top DPS, and now we know its wrong. Well actually, its still best DPS compared to regular spell echo or any other blue gem support, but its really really small difference now, especially for it being 15ex+ gem.
"
Found a new staff option: Cane of Kulemak

This staff drops with 3 veiled mods, which could include either 2 prefixes or 2 suffixes and one of the other. You want THREE specific unveils:

+2 support gems (prefix)
Minion Damage / Minion Life (prefix)
Minion Attack Speed / Minion Cast Speed (suffix)

You end up with some pretty incredible stats that are comparable to an expensive helmet. The +2 supports becomes +3, meaning a lv4 Empower would become lv7 and give almost twice as much damage as Ele Focus.

Looking for one already unveiled for sale, the price is pretty damn steep. If you want to try your luck, you can buy one still Veiled and roll the dice. Remember, "veiled" is a prefix, "of the veil" is a suffix, and "Catarina's veiled" is a prefix on every one.

When shopping, look at the veiled mods and ensure only one is "of the veil". You can fix this in the filter by typing in "veiled" and selecting that exact mod tag.

Veiled Canes are about 2ex each. If you don't get Minion unveils, you might still be able to make something sellable to get anywhere from a little to much more money back.

Hmm.. seems interesting. But I doubt that the damage will be better than dual wielding +2 wands.

P/S: Never mind, just did some PoB test. Holy shit the dps just sky rocket. If we go this way we should pair it with Saqawal's nest and The Torrent's Reclamation for even more dps boots and speed.
Last edited by camapngu133 on May 29, 2021, 2:29:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info