[3.13 build idea] Mega debuffing Elementalist rework

As the reveal trailer for Echoes of the Atlas dropped and the stream included the long-waited Elementalist rework, immediately I was intrigued by the Golems' nodes changes and the simplified Elemental Conflux.

That led me to thinking about a new way to improve my other league starter in 3.12: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2936221/page/1

The changes to Elementalist's Mastermind of Discord gives us additional -25% resistance of whichever elements' Exposure, pairing it with Shaper of flame to get 100% chance to ignite then you could use any skills to trigger Combustion's -19% fire resistance.

Here is a brain storming session of what the Elementalist changes could give:

Taking Mastermind of Discord enables Wave of Conviction which applies -50% Fire res or Lightning res in total (Based on which element did the most damage in. that cast)

Taking Shaper of Flame enables Combustion on any skill gems, giving -19% fire res at level 20 combustion support gem. That would means that if you're using a pure lightning or cold damage skill such a storm brand for starter, you could take the keystone Elemental Equilibrium and get extra -50% fire resistance.

So in total, it is -119% fire resistance on monsters without curse, at the cost of not being able to use any auras that would add elemental damage to your spells.

This alone would enable many different fire-based skill, such as
Wrecker_of_Days's Righteous Fire
or the general Flame golem builds.

The new Elemancer and Liege of the Primordial changes only affects Golem damage ( -15% per golem summoned compared to the nodes right now as per 3.12), in return you get the same amount of Golem buff's effectiveness, as well as the huge Quality of Life change that automatically summon your golems which were killed after 4 seconds. This change potentially saves up multiple support gems such as Cast when damage Taken or Minion Life.

Thus, for the playstyle that only uses golems for the buffs, it could be a real help, Wrecker_of_Days would be happy.

Last bumped on Apr 13, 2021, 11:00:12 AM
Wonder if you could work scorch and increased effect of non damaging ailments in here. Scorch reduces resistances by an extra up to 30%.
"
Drekalo wrote:
Wonder if you could work scorch and increased effect of non damaging ailments in here. Scorch reduces resistances by an extra up to 30%.

Unfortunately most of the scorching effect items or jewels all prevent ignite to happen so combustion won't be usable, however, if we drop ignite nodes and take shaper of storm instead we'll have the ability to shock. It does sound like a good idea but it's too hard to execute, since we cannot take shaper of flame meaning that we cannot use a cold/lightning-based spell to trigger EE with ignite.
# found the shield that scorch enemies on block, that could work with this ((have to make sure the character does not have any form of fire damage on block though
Last edited by Suzu520 on Jan 12, 2021, 5:14:14 PM
I would love to try this build! If you support Storm Brand with Hextouch and Flammability as well as combustion, that'd bring your fire res reduction up to 143%, right?
"
Celestialex wrote:
I would love to try this build! If you support Storm Brand with Hextouch and Flammability as well as combustion, that'd bring your fire res reduction up to 143%, right?

Yes, if you go extreme and take 2 curses that lowers fire resistance even further such as flammability and elemental weakness at the same time, you'll basically shred unique bosses' fire res to a point where you don't possibly need fire penetration for your Flame golems.
will ice and fire elementalist bv work as a league start
Last edited by MaxFox1823 on Jan 13, 2021, 7:37:57 AM
experimental shield introduced in heist can scorch when block
"
MaxFox1823 wrote:
will ice and fire elementalist bv work as a league start

It depends how you execute it, again this whole thread is based on the idea of the Elementalist rework so I believe there are lots of things you can do about it. Especially if Trinity support is good, then anything could work :D
"
Dragoon_Diver wrote:
experimental shield introduced in heist can scorch when block

Yeah I saw that, not sure what's the scorch's number and also if it's worth the extra ailment.
Not to derail the conversation, but do you guys think that the new mastermind of discord would work with the "Master of Fire" notable from cluster jewels? Making is a beefed up exposure aura in essence?
IGN Lytnin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info