[3.20] Gryph's Burning Witch - CoC Volatile Dead Necromancer - Burn Yourself Through the Atlas!

"
azraelnight wrote:
Ya i have corrupted soul + soul tether , but i seem to be always at 0 ES while cycloning through packs and then quickly leeching to full once the pack is dead. My question was more if this was the intended setup and that maybe i was confused about being at 0 ES

For mapping you really need to have ES on kill or you will be at 0 ES constantly. Which is why I linked the Cinderswallow as well. 3% on kill is adequate and will mostly keep you topped off as long as you are killing monsters.

That said, ES on Hit watcher's eye is the goal inevitably and will be the cleanest answer. It's 10ex for a reason hahaha
trying out as a beginner, i'm going for it :P
Absolutely love this build. It's the combination of my favorite attack with my favorite spell.
Having a real blast playing this.

Killed the first few awakener level 9 (yes, that's a thing now) and also succeeded to kill Maven yesterday.

I thought of a few more options to obtain stun immunity, not sure if they were discussed in this thread already.
Cinderswallow can have a craft with 50% chance to avoid being stunned. That's what I'm currently.
Another option is to add implicits to your jewels through harvest. One outcome is 10% chance to avoid being stunned. I was lucky to hit it on my Watcher's Eye and Glorious Vanity already and also bought some cluster jewel bases that already had the implicit on them.
Currently just lacking one more implicit to hit 100% avoidance with just Lucidity + jewels.

I also used to play with Wise Oak quite a lot which is both an offensive and defensive boost. Since I changed some gear pieces yesterday, I temporarely dropped until I manage to triple balance my resists again.
Last edited by blah2k6 on Jan 24, 2021, 4:35:12 AM
"
Another option is to add implicits to your jewels through harvest. One outcome is 10% chance to avoid being stunned.

Wait what ? I wish I'd double check the list of implicits, I never rolled it this league and I was kinda aiming for reduced elemental reflect taken to potentially make Atziri easier, didn't even remember stun avoidance existed...
Although 98% is fine enough for now.
"
Woute wrote:
"
Another option is to add implicits to your jewels through harvest. One outcome is 10% chance to avoid being stunned.

Wait what ? I wish I'd double check the list of implicits, I never rolled it this league and I was kinda aiming for reduced elemental reflect taken to potentially make Atziri easier, didn't even remember stun avoidance existed...
Although 98% is fine enough for now.
Hehe jeah. If you slam it on every jewel you have in the endgame build, you'll have 110% stun avoidance just with tree and jewels alone, so you even have 1 free implicit for corrupted blood and don't need any crafts, which opens up important suffixes for chaos resistance.

I have it on 4 already. My large cluster jewel and my thread of hope don't want to get it :(

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
azraelnight wrote:
Ya i have corrupted soul + soul tether , but i seem to be always at 0 ES while cycloning through packs and then quickly leeching to full once the pack is dead. My question was more if this was the intended setup and that maybe i was confused about being at 0 ES

For mapping you really need to have ES on kill or you will be at 0 ES constantly. Which is why I linked the Cinderswallow as well. 3% on kill is adequate and will mostly keep you topped off as long as you are killing monsters.

That said, ES on Hit watcher's eye is the goal inevitably and will be the cleanest answer. It's 10ex for a reason hahaha

what about fenumus boots + aspect of spider as a budget version?
"
sharisimo wrote:
"
Gryphenprey wrote:
"
azraelnight wrote:

what about fenumus boots + aspect of spider as a budget version?

Sadly Aspect of the Spider usually doesn't have the time to apply to most of the mobs in a pack before you blow it up, which means no ES on hit.
If you consider ignite ticking and Eye hitting you for each mob you kill, you'll still be at 0 ES in my experience.
When for mapping Soul Tether with Vanity jewel isnt enough, would ES leeching help or is ES on kill a must to keep the shield up constantly?

The difference is 1 skill point vs an expensive flask.

Hi,
i just rerolled to try the build. But i dont even know where ot Start the Upgrade of the build. i have a 10 ex budget left got the mandatory uniques and the legion jewel. what do i upgrade next? Would love to get some help.

Edit: TN iam trying to self craft CLuster jewels. so i guess the next upgrade is the Watchers eye? BTW is my gear solid?
Last edited by iP4niX on Jan 24, 2021, 9:09:25 AM
"
Xirce wrote:
When for mapping Soul Tether with Vanity jewel isnt enough, would ES leeching help or is ES on kill a must to keep the shield up constantly?

The difference is 1 skill point vs an expensive flask.

ES leech can't keep up. I allocated the 3 points on the right of Witch start (near the corpses wheel) and it wasn't doing anything basically.
So yeah, ES on hit or ES on kill is basically a must to keep you topped when you're igniting many enemies at a time. (thus hitting yourself a lot)
Neither ES leech, Aspect of the Spider + Fenumus nor Glorious Vanity were able to keep my ES from being at 0. Didn't try Cinderswallow, but in my case only the Watcher's Eye solved the problem. (and it did so magnificiently, I'm now sitting at a comfortable 8.5k EHP with perma fortify

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info