[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Hi everyone. I started the league orijin this build guide. This is awesome build. I have some changes for big DPS.

My Items

My Character 95 lvl. I will take Heartseeker and Barbarism. I will divine my amulet accuracy rate for %100 hit chance. For End build 5mill shaper DPS per totem. Thanks for this superb build

This is endgame pob
https://pastebin.com/LVMUZkv0

Last edited by qwexjoker on Feb 3, 2021, 6:32:28 AM
Sup guys. So I found a pair of synthesised gloves that "Curse enemies with Flammability on hit, with 32% increased effect." I was wondering does that mean my totems will apply this curse? Also does it use a lvl 1 Flammability or my lvl 20 gem I have equipped? Thanks for your help.
"
Jaey wrote:
Sup guys. So I found a pair of synthesised gloves that "Curse enemies with Flammability on hit, with 32% increased effect." I was wondering does that mean my totems will apply this curse?

Yes, your totem will apply the Flammability curse from the glove.

"
Jaey wrote:
Also does it use a lvl 1 Flammability or my lvl 20 gem I have equipped? Thanks for your help.

The Glove's Flammability effect is equivalent a Level 8 Flammability Gem.

The level 20 Flammability Gem you equipped is a different Flammability, nothing to do with the glove and won't be applied by your totem.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Hey Guys, I've looked through some posts and haven't seen anyone talking about this, so not sure if it's just me. I'm having an issue where my totems just die the second I put them down. Doing rituals/harvest they pretty much instant die on red+ maps. Is there something I should have for totem survivabilty that I'm missing somewhere? Thanks.
"
onyxTzar wrote:
Hey Guys, I've looked through some posts and haven't seen anyone talking about this, so not sure if it's just me. I'm having an issue where my totems just die the second I put them down. Doing rituals/harvest they pretty much instant die on red+ maps. Is there something I should have for totem survivabilty that I'm missing somewhere? Thanks.

Hey there,

The totems are definitely not tanky without any investments, however they don't really die instantly either unless you are playing like 2-3 damage mod T16 maps with the enemies jumping on them instantly once you put them up.

If you would prefer them to be tankier, you can look into investing 2 point towards Ironwood Notable in the Passive Tree and see if it works better for you.

Regards

Hello Vei,

Thanks for the awesome guide. MY Lvl 95 hierophant just clears everything on t16 maps (with a bit investment of course).

My question is this: I know your philosophy to keep this build more accessible by not listing too pricey items, but shouldn't you mentioned awakened elemental focus support in your upgrade list?

It's price is close to awakened elemental damage with attacks support (so it's well in our acceptable price range) and it's damage is better than combustion support. Even if you get +2 fire gems corruption in frostferno to boost combustion support, dps is still better with awakened elemental focus.

In pob, my current character has 851k hit dps + 86k ignite dps (which we don't care about that much), a total of 938k dps. If I had +2 fire corruption dps would climb to 949k.

On the other hand lvl 1 %20 quality awakened elemental focus gets 962k dps (no ignite, just flat on hit dps) and 986k on lvl 5.

Last edited by DiCasualGamer on Feb 4, 2021, 4:50:53 AM
"
DiCasualGamer wrote:
Hello Vei,

Thanks for the awesome guide. MY Lvl 95 hierophant just clears everything on t16 maps (with a bit investment of course).

My question is this: I know your philosophy to keep this build more accessible by not listing too pricey items, but shouldn't you mentioned awakened elemental focus support in your upgrade list?

It's price is close to awakened elemental damage with attacks support (so it's well in our acceptable price range) and it's damage is better than combustion support. Even if you get +2 fire gems corruption in frostferno to boost combustion support, dps is still better with awakened elemental focus.

In pob, my current character has 851k hit dps + 86k ignite dps (which we don't care about that much), a total of 938k dps. If I had +2 fire corruption dps would climb to 949k.

On the other hand lvl 1 %20 quality awakened elemental focus gets 962k dps (no ignite, just flat on hit dps) and 986k on lvl 5.

Hello DiCasualGamer,

Glad to hear that the build is serving you well :)

I would definitely be using Awakened Elemental Focus Support if it's actually better than Combustion but unfortunately that isn't the case and price of the gem is definitely not the issue here.

Usually when people mention some gems is better than Combustion Support, it's because they miss this line on Combustion which is:

"Enemies Ignited by Supported Skills have -(10-19)% to Fire Resistance"

and this requires a setting on the POB configuration tab to be ticked to factor this in.

Let's use your current character as an example for comparison. For the the purpose of this comparison I'll base on Normal Mob DPS(It's still same result for Sirus DPS) plus I'll not include ignite DPS for Combustion.

I extracted your character into POB which is currently using a level 1 20% quality Elemental Focus, it says 869k DPS. I'll change it to level 5 20% quality and that shows 891k DPS

Now I'll change the Elemental Focus to a Level 20 20% quality Combustion, it says 751k DPS, but above I mentioned a setting to be ticked in the Configuration tab, which is, "Is the Enemy Ignited". Ticking this shows 906k DPS

Result
Level 5 20% Elemental Focus Support - 891k DPS
Level 20 20% Combustion Support - 906k DPS

We have more than 100% Chance to ignite(Through Elemental Hit, Combustion, Flammability and Holy Dominion Notable) the enemy so we definitely can count on the enemy to be ignited.

I hope that explains.

Cheers

Hello,

Loving the build so far, really well detailed guide you made here. Kinda feels a "premium" guide since you have put so much effort to explain how it works so well. Thanks for that.

Just did Sirius 8 yesterday and it really wasn't a problem, looking to do him at awakening 9.
I have one question, I would like to later try to farm the "legion new vastir" meta, where you spam farm legions in new vastir with zana mod + sacrabs + atlas points.

Do you have some recommendations of what I could swap or change on my gear / skill tree in order to clear legions the most efficient way possible with this build? Probably more chain on the skill tree or even different gear, just for that purpose.

Thanks once again, amazing build.
"
subarashi wrote:
Hello,

Loving the build so far, really well detailed guide you made here. Kinda feels a "premium" guide since you have put so much effort to explain how it works so well. Thanks for that.

Hello,

Reading your post saying this guide feels like a ""premium" guide really makes my day. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.

"
subarashi wrote:
I have one question, I would like to later try to farm the "legion new vastir" meta, where you spam farm legions in new vastir with zana mod + sacrabs + atlas points.

Do you have some recommendations of what I could swap or change on my gear / skill tree in order to clear legions the most efficient way possible with this build? Probably more chain on the skill tree or even different gear, just for that purpose.

Thanks once again, amazing build.

With regards to Legion Farming, I would say to focus on 3 things:

1. 3 x Pierce Count

You already have this so that's great!

2. 100% Chance to Hit(Exclude Chance to Hit Evasive)

We want all our totem projectiles to be 100% hitting, triple piercing ones. Turning off your Precision(Not sure why is it that high level, can't use that with Grace and Summon Skitterbot) you will have 99% Chance to Hit. Base on the numbers, you need 121 more Flat Accuracy to achieve 100% Chance to Hit.

These can be obtained from:

- Level 1 Precision(Can be used together with Grace and Skitterbot) which provides 93 Flat Accuracy
- Abrasive Catalyst on Storm Turn Moonstone Ring for the remaining missing Flat Accuracy

3. As much DPS as we can

For this, I would suggest a few things to improve on:

A. Switch your Elemental Hit to Level 21, 0% Quality, much better than your current Level 19, 20% Quality one.

B. Since you are a Hiero, you have great Totem Placement Speed already so I would suggest changing your Level 19 0% Quality Ballista Totem to a Level 20, 20% Quality Divergent Ballista Totem which increases the Range your Totem can target enemies.

C. Consider using a Level 20, 20% Quality Blood Rage

D. (24–28)% increased Damage during any Flask Effect bench craft on Glove

E. A few Smaller ones, 20% Quality on Berserk Gem, 15% Combat Focus and 38%+ Kaom's Heart

These would be my suggestions.

Hope they help.

Regards

Thanks Vei!
having a blast with the build doing T16 maps

only one time i had a problem is with a metamorph that kept leech life or something like that and my damage wasn't big enough to counter it.

so i'm focusing on leveling now to get the dps passives :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info