[3.15] Elemental Hit Ballista Totem Hiero | Budget Friendly | League Start to Endgame

Guys,
A couple of questions :
1) If we don't have the Watcher's Eye, is it still worth using Grace?

2) I'm thinking of using Blood and Sand to get the blind for nearby mobs(and the fact that I have more 60% dodge/30% spell dodge), and then get arrow dancing for more avoidance against projectile. Is this a good idea?

Ello everyone,

Being fairly new to PoE (started last league) I was just following the build guide for the original hiero build. Is there anyway to get totem leach in the build for health sustain in pure hiero, or do I have to remake the character and do a marauder/something to get the totem leach?

Thanks
Last edited by onyxTzar on Jan 19, 2021, 12:08:17 AM
"
kioszzk wrote:
i'm new for totem build

need to know about blood rage and berserk when i use it will effect to totem or not?

thx for answer :)

Yes.

Totems inherit our offensive stats so Blood Rage and Berserk will affect us, then Totems inherit the increased offensive stat.

"
komitid wrote:
Hi Vei, I am playing Raider this league, just trying out other classes with this build.

It's smooth sailing and still doing Acts.

As for the ascendancy, which one should I go first?
Thanks.

Hey komitid!

Good to see you here. :)

For Raider, my suggestion is like this:

1) Rapid Assault
2) Quartz Infusion
3) Avatar of the Veil
4) Avatar of the Chase

I think the above sequence fits well base on where we are, what we are using and what we are facing at the point when we get these Notables.

"
chronovt wrote:
Guys,
A couple of questions :
1) If we don't have the Watcher's Eye, is it still worth using Grace?

2) I'm thinking of using Blood and Sand to get the blind for nearby mobs(and the fact that I have more 60% dodge/30% spell dodge), and then get arrow dancing for more avoidance against projectile. Is this a good idea?

1. Yes, the Watcher Eye's is just to boost the value of Grace more. It's optional, not a must have, but nice if you have.

2. I guess you are referring to Flesh and Stone instead of Blood and Sand. If we want blind, we can just get the "(5–6)% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks" affix from Abyss Jewels, and with Quill Rain, our attacks is fast enough to blind the enemy fast.

Thus, not much reason to use Flesh and Stone for the blind(Somemore it only works for nearby enemies), unless you want the "You take (9-11)% less Damage from Attacks from Enemies that aren't nearby while in Sand Stance" I would prefer to reserve/unreserve my mana for other things.

I am not sure about Arrow Dancing, I think it's a double edged sword Keystone with the "20% less chance to Evade Melee Attacks". Personally I don't really like that.

"
onyxTzar wrote:
Ello everyone,

Being fairly new to PoE (started last league) I was just following the build guide for the original hiero build. Is there anyway to get totem leach in the build for health sustain in pure hiero, or do I have to remake the character and do a marauder/something to get the totem leach?

Thanks

Unfortunately no, you will have to make a Chieftain or Ascendant(Chieftain + ?) to access the "Damage dealt by your Totems is Leeched to you as Life" effect.
My 3.15 take/update to Lunasicc187's OneShotKill Elemental Hit Hierophant Guide

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3005581
Hi,

Firs of all please let me say that i am not a 100% sure of this. It maybe just how the visual is working on the tooltip.

But from the other hand i feel like i am missing a lot of DPS with my current gear.

The "totem deals increased damage nodes" does not work from passive tree.

Example steps to replicate.

Tooltip DPS: 92100
Remove passive node: Watchtowers

Remove passive node: Panopticon

Removing crit chance for totem skills works just fine.

I think we have a pretty big bug here ?
Guys - please bump this thread, post the replies. We need to make commotion here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3010591/page/1#p23776609

and this on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/l0f2bk/totem_passive_tree_bug_please_fix/

i am missing 150% increased totem dmg from the tree ...
Last edited by bartpio on Jan 19, 2021, 2:44:43 AM
hi everybody! not a native speaker here, so be gentle please.

first things first, i love this build. coming from divergent shockwavetotem it is breeze playing with ballistas.
i run this build as my season starter and was looking on how to improve from my current state. (got the uniques, capped res, 4,5k hp)
your guide is very detailed, but im still trying to get more information about specific spells or items.

for exmaple i stumbled across this guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772

they are using chin sol bow and yoke of suffering amulett.
did you consider this while making your post?
i'd like to know why you choose quillrain and marylenes fallacy?

to be honest i dont know how to check that in pob by myself, because of the "+100% increased damage at close range" and the shock...

thanks in advance.

ps.
and thanks alot to all the other people with questions. reading the comments helped me alot with the other things i needed to know.

see you and best of luck ingame,
kreut

"
Kreut_jenkins wrote:
hi everybody! not a native speaker here, so be gentle please.

first things first, i love this build. coming from divergent shockwavetotem it is breeze playing with ballistas.
i run this build as my season starter and was looking on how to improve from my current state. (got the uniques, capped res, 4,5k hp)
your guide is very detailed, but im still trying to get more information about specific spells or items.

for exmaple i stumbled across this guide:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2224772

they are using chin sol bow and yoke of suffering amulett.
did you consider this while making your post?
i'd like to know why you choose quillrain and marylenes fallacy?

to be honest i dont know how to check that in pob by myself, because of the "+100% increased damage at close range" and the shock...

thanks in advance.

ps.
and thanks alot to all the other people with questions. reading the comments helped me alot with the other things i needed to know.

see you and best of luck ingame,
kreut

What you quote is a One-Shot kill version of this build (see the first post).

It is just a matter of preference - do you want a totem that fire slowly and have bigger DPS. Or maybe you want totems that fire more projectiles but with less damage.

I prefer the second version
Thanks to Bartpio for their Frostferno service!

Also, I got some Brinerot Whalers out of a ritual. They're currently 1c on the trade site, versus the Gang's Momentum that sell for an alchemy, but they're showing about a 15% increase in my tooltip damage in hideout. Maybe not the best answer for starting gear, but it's a cheap and effective intermediate upgrade.
"
dgeth wrote:
Thanks to Bartpio for their Frostferno service!

Also, I got some Brinerot Whalers out of a ritual. They're currently 1c on the trade site, versus the Gang's Momentum that sell for an alchemy, but they're showing about a 15% increase in my tooltip damage in hideout. Maybe not the best answer for starting gear, but it's a cheap and effective intermediate upgrade.

Easy upgrades for you :

Get point blank passive.

Change the quiver to get pierce. Yes you loose 1 totem but pierce really helps on packs.

Craft pierce on gloves - it costs 1 divine. If you don't have the craft - pm me in game.

Also look for a gloves with either flat dmg to burnign enemies or with increased dmg against shocked. it is an easy 20-100k dps upgrade (dpeengin on other gear).
Thanks for the tips! Right now, I'm trying to rebalance res around removing the Malachai's Artifice so that I'm not going to be getting thumped in maps after I complete the story. I've got that sorted, but it meant taking off the Praxis that I replaced Malachai's Artifice with. Going to grind maps for chaos and go from there. As long as dps feels good, do you think it's work it to get a Kaom's first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info