[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All content done. Rant time.

"
shooter15789 wrote:
Haha I didn't expect an answer like that !

I'm pretty new to the game and mostly followed your build and characters on poe.ninja !

Thank you for the few explanations I will look at all that, even if in the state I do not feel limited ! (simu, sirus etc easy)

NB : Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge of the game, but I would have liked to discuss with you especially on the use of the spiritual command because nobody uses it and I have no problem triggering. but nvm hf hf

Video T16 delirum if someone still want to look :
Spoiler

sry forget to disable mic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYMZnNBkqxw

I was not being serius, don't worry about it. That being said, trying to follow those people you unvilingly became a prime example of what not to do.

Luckly at the same time you picked up the core things that made your build feel relevant. Its very impressive that you have around 8 mill DPS as is.

But like I mentioned, if you just fix your attack speed somehow, you will easily get to your max of 10 mill DPS.

Related to that - people who use cyclone usualy take Spiritual command to fix their attack speed early, and then solve the issue with weapon upgrades and such, so they can respec the points. You can notice that all those cyclone builds have Cyclone attack rate around 4.1-4.3. That's because if you don't, you still will trigger your relics, just a lot, lot less often.
Thanks for the guide. Been loving the build so far and just added in Ashes earlier today. Would swapping/upgrading to a weapon with 1.5 AS and above from ny 1.44 AS be a big boost?

Also, I see you've been experimenting with Lethe Shade, Determination, and Immortal Call. How has that been going for you?
"
Human_Beatbox wrote:
Thanks for the guide. Been loving the build so far and just added in Ashes earlier today. Would swapping/upgrading to a weapon with 1.5 AS and above from ny 1.44 AS be a big boost?

Also, I see you've been experimenting with Lethe Shade, Determination, and Immortal Call. How has that been going for you?

Weapon speed doesn't boost dps, just smoothes out flickering in maps. Your weapon is great, keep it.

Make sure to divine your Dawnbreaker for 20% phys as fire. Or buy a new one. Thats 4% more phys reduction for you.

As for the Lethe Shade, Determination, and Immortal Call, I'll make a detailed post after I hit 40/40. Spoilers - its is pretty much relevant post ashes - Lethe Shade is amazing for bossing, best of all keystones so far. Immortal Call is great for bosses too, but you need enduring composure, and Determination is ugh... questionable. But there is a lot to unpack there.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jun 27, 2022, 10:40:40 PM
Level 100 is in hand and 40 challenges are done too, so its time for some boring reading you all.

The Road so Far

Its not much to say about challenges grind. Most of them I found easy. As in ‘not hard to do’. RNG ones are a bit tedious – but you get them eventually with enough tries.
Challenges grind
All but one challenges I did were completed solo and self farmed.
Even the lvl 100 one. I was considering to just go and buy 5 waves, but I got banned from TFT so I just farmed it in maps. 1% per map at lvl 99 – aint that bad.
I did cheated once – buying out a harvest boss because I spent 2 weeks farming harvests and could not find one. But that’s about it.

Another thing I wanna talk about is uber bosses after farming 100 of those for challenge.

Uber Shaper – prolly the easiest one of all in terms of accessibility and difficulty. After few tweaks to the build slams are tanked, beams are tickling, bullet hell is blockable. Tedious long run to get to the boss on other hand, but great loot with 15 ex jewels and fragment. That’s the boss I farmed the most.

Uber Uber Elder – fairly easy not much different from Shaper fight. Elder doesn’t really do anything important. You can even facetank his ring-nova explosions if you want.

Uber Cortex – super easy, fast but cost a lot. I don’t think there is anything there that can do significant damage. The degen zones are solved with tweaks below.

Uber maven Maven – dangerous fight. Not to you, but to your AG. Her attacks disable regen on your minions. It was several times when my AG went to half HP or less. Fight is relatively fast though, but not really rewarding.

Uber Sirus – similar to Maven. With tweaks to the build you are pretty safe in that fight, but the stacking beam debuff combined with corrupting blood killed my specters several times and almost killed my AG once. The fight is easy, but there is no way you wanna do it risking to lose AG. And you can’t disable AG too, because you REALLY need the effect of Garb at all times. Plus – rewards are very much nonexistent.

Uber Eater of Worlds – easy fight but boss does a lot of damage. Namely a lot of lightning damage – something we are vulnerable to. You could equip Topaz Flask for the fight – and I did. It helps. But most of things you block anyway. Rewards are nice, fight is super fast, but it’s a bit of a waste. Its just better to roll the invitation then do the uber version unrolled. And rolled one can get dangerous really fast.

Uber Searing Exarch – undoable. And I figured why. Turns out Holy Relics that stick to you by your sides have a pretty big hitbox. So there is no way to properly do a ball phase. Your combined fat ass will just not fit in the gaps Maven creates. You need to find holes 2 or even 3 balls wide, or else the ball explode against your relic, killing you. 5 portals, even non uber version.

The other thing I wanna mention Is how I feel about the league and game in general. I think this would be an accurate representation. It was not happy times.
And the fact that I’m grinding 40/40 and lvl 100 INSTEAD of playing the game kinda shows how boring it was for me. I am not happy with what has been done to the game, not happy with sentinel league and not happy with the direction game is going. And this is just my personal subjective opinion, so like everything I say it shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Changes done to the build.
Spoiler
Skin of the Lords keystones revisit.

Contestants – Wicked Ward, Lethe Shade, Imbalanced Guard.

Imbalanced guard.
Earlier in the league I made an error on how PoB calculates Imbalanced Guard damage reduction. In a few words – its much less powerful than I thought it is, but still pretty good.
Gives 13% - 5% (if using Determination) damage reduction up to 50% against big hits. Really good if you are not using any extra armor bits – you have 50% reduction against pretty much everything and have no need in determination or armor flask (although flask can make things much better early in the league).

Wicked Ward is okay-ish but doesn’t feel that great. Still it does help keeping ES up sometimes. Most of the time its not active, and when it is, you lose HP faster than ES so not great either way. Messes up Vall Discipline too if you have it ( you recover less ES per second). Still better than nothing.

Lethe Shade is insane on all bosses.
It’s a bit confusing how it works so here is an example. If you are standing in shaper beam, for the first 1 second you take 50% less damage from the beam. Then you take full damage. The effect has no cooldown and can be activated again instantly as long as you stopped taking damage overtime. In other words, if you just move in and out of damage zones, you be pretty much taking no damage.
This proven to be insanely good on most bosses. Because most bosses have degens that otherwise melt you. Shaper beams, anomalies, Elder decay zones, Cortex gravity wells, Maven beams, Sirus cancer-fire ground and vortexes.
Having Lethe Shade made me go from 5 portal Uber Sirus to deathless.
But you lose phys reduction from Imbalanced Guard. Unless you use determination. I think it’s the best option anyway.

Auras
First of all – mind that getting Ashes of the Stars unlocks you the ability to use one extra aura. It should be Vaal Discipline at all times as it gives you extra 750+ ES, a button to fully restore ES while taking damage and boost up ES regen out of combat.

The thing I was experimenting with was swapping Zealotry to Determination
This makes you lose 25% damage.

Did I feel the dps loss – yes, but it was not too big of a deal. It does make bosses use their primary mechanics twice instead of once though. So overall I think damage is more important to have.

You only can do the swap in super end game after you got Ashes, would not want to drop damage before that because you don’t get many.

What is more important than raw damage loss is - loss of consecrated ground and going down to 90% crit chance on relics. Its pretty bad. No regen for AG, and you want crit chance to be as high as it gets.

In return Determination gets you – 15% damage reduction against big hits – doesn’t make a difference tbh, those big hits either kill you or don’t, regardless of determination. If you survive - you’ll have 200 hp left vs 100.
That is because you convert phys into ele before armor reduction. And then w/e is left is reduced by armor.

But also you get 20%+ phys reduction while mapping. This is both good and bad – again – you convert 35%~ish damage into elemental and then 65% gets reduced by armour.

In relevance to the keystones you have – if you prefer using something other than Imbalanced guard – you get something like 25% extra phys damage reduction from Determination.

In conclusion – pretty much good form mapping to make sure you don’t die, and only after you got Ashes. I guess for pushing level 100? Maybe playing in HC.

Guard skills

So the interesting (and a bad) thing I figured out when testing different guard skills. Primal aegis takes damage before guard skill. That means if you have say 5k Molten Shell shield and 2k Primal Aegis, and take 2k elemental damage – your Molten Shell will not take damage at all. And your Aegis will break and go on a 5 second recharge timer.

Because of that Molten Shell sucks ass. Even with Determination. Cooldown is too long and big hits doesn’t break a half of its shield. So value is wasted and you have nothing for protection for 5 seconds. Its too much time. When your Primal Aegis breaks you NEED something else to be active and protecting you while it recharges.

Immortal Call. Sound really good on paper, feels really good on bosses, okay in maps.
Unlike other guard skills it makes you take less damage instead of giving you a shield. This is both good and bad.
Why is it bad:
1) Primal Aegis. When something hits you and you have Immortal Call up – instead of breaking your Aegis, it will damage it, leaving it say at 700 hp value. This is terrible, because you’d rather want it to break and recharge to full value, instead of sitting at 700 getting recharge interrupted by any follow up damage.
2) Recoup – taking less damage mean you recoup less. When Steelskin absorbs 2k damage – its damage taken – you recoup it. If you take 2k damage LESS from a hit it’s the damage you didn’t take.
Its not a big deal, however, I never felt like my regen suffers from it. I still go back to full fast without any life flasks.
3) The duration is too short.

Why is it good:
1) It reduces damage over time. Its nog a huge deal as Lethe Shade got your back, but still nice.
2) It scaled with enemy damage. The more damage you take the more value you get out of it. That being said – you should not even be tanking big hits. Just git gud and dodge those.
3) Cooldown and duration makes it perfect for endurance charge generation and consumption.

Steelskin – perfect in every way. Combined with endu charges makes you really tanky. Don’t need bleed flask. Duration is enough to use 2k hp fully, and have it again when you need it. Feels the best, even though not as good against big hits. You still don’t die from those, you just left with much less life.

In conclusion – just use Steelskin unless you want to make ‘tanking uber shaper slams’ montage. Otherwise use Immortal Call. But best see for yourself.

Summary – the build I’m ending up with is Lethe Shade keystone, Steelskin guard skill, Zealotry wins over Determination but I might use Determination just for mapping, idk.

Current Gear and PoB
Spoiler

PoB https://pastebin.com/2vuX4mnx
Hey there, i just had one question. Build works great so far, i get one tapped sometimes in Delve or in a map. I lost my AG once, and i didn't even realize it (realized it before i died due to lack of his buffs though). I think i lost him in a 36-strongbox map.

Question: Dawnguard or Aegis? I tried both, but Dawnguard feels great. Someone told me i was a paper airplane with Dawnguard equipped. Is Aegis that superior?

Also, if you don't mind, could you take a peek at my set up? See if im doing something arbitrarily wrong?

I appreciate it, lovely build thus far!
"
Deathrg227 wrote:
Hey there, i just had one question. Build works great so far, i get one tapped sometimes in Delve or in a map. I lost my AG once, and i didn't even realize it (realized it before i died due to lack of his buffs though). I think i lost him in a 36-strongbox map.

Question: Dawnguard or Aegis? I tried both, but Dawnguard feels great. Someone told me i was a paper airplane with Dawnguard equipped. Is Aegis that superior?

Also, if you don't mind, could you take a peek at my set up? See if im doing something arbitrarily wrong?

I appreciate it, lovely build thus far!

I would have to agree about 'paper airplane' part and this is because you are not taking the free value your Skin of the Lords provides to the energy shield.

What you have is - a lot of damage mitigation with a very little HP pool.

Easy fix is to get Glorious Vanity. It will get you so much more tanky.
At your state of gear Aegis Aurora/Surrender shield would be better.
Aegis the best choice as it will too benefit from ES increase on Skin of the Lords.

But if you wanna continue using Dawnbreaker you need to at least include a ruby flask. Prolly instead of Granite one. Also divine your shield to 20% physical as fire. Or buy the one with better roll.

Having set of forbidden jewels can also help you to stay alive, but not as much as things above.

Another few things you should do - get anoint on your amulet if you don't plan on getting Ashes soon. No reason not to upgrade the gear that is with you last forever. Slap Juggernaut or Vampirism on it - your choice.

Also put some quality on your Flicker strike and take a peek at my current gear for AG. This is what you should aim for to make it not die ever. Make sure you study boots enough as that enchant with 2% life regen is like 50% of that keeps AG immortal.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Jun 29, 2022, 7:35:59 AM
Thank you i will look into that further, and see about getting an Aegis.

I had one, but saw you were using Dawn, and so i got it instead and sold the Aegis back, reinvested the currency.

I have now gotten the MOM Glorious jewel, tons more defense now.

I missed the boots part, i have everything else pretty much to a T. Wish i could see what boots i put on mine....

I have the Ephemeral, Kingsmaker, Southbound, Brittle Boots, and -9 helmet.

https://youtu.be/c8FIGWt-2Bg

That is a video of me clearing a t16 red map, feel free to critique anything!

Thanks for the reply!
Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one that found some of the uber fights difficult.

I've done holy relics for the last two leagues now and I didn't realize that the relics were causing the deaths for searing exarch, I just thought I sucked at dodging in the bullet phase.

My build had switched to purely Delving (I swapped to a faster build for mapping). The main problem I've been having is that the Ice novas really hurt! And has almost killed my AG several times (*sounds of money flushed down the toilet*). I reached Delve 600 last night so probably not jumping back in there!
Last edited by eyeyue on Jun 29, 2022, 9:19:43 AM
I used every single portal on searing exarch, and i guess i didnt realize it was the relics popping it. I even tried the ice wall method. The relics just popped a ball and i'd die. Eventually what i was doing was letting the phase timeout while i was dead, then fighting the boss. Was fine after that.

I did however just go from 93 70% exp in, to 93 and 0% in.

I just got absolutely smashed by the sirus mini bosses, im guessing map mods apply to them for some ungodly reason?

Elder mini boss, constrictor etc just killed me 3 times.

Elder influenced map mobs just killed me until i ran out of portals

Mind you i was out of EXP to lose after the 3rd sirus mini boss, so i was just yolo fighting stuff at this point.

I will try The Surrender later this week, i just gave Aegis a shot, my ES went up, but i started dying to stuff that hadnt been an issue. I'm not sure :(.
"
Deathrg227 wrote:
I used every single portal on searing exarch, and i guess i didnt realize it was the relics popping it. I even tried the ice wall method. The relics just popped a ball and i'd die. Eventually what i was doing was letting the phase timeout while i was dead, then fighting the boss. Was fine after that.

I did however just go from 93 70% exp in, to 93 and 0% in.

I just got absolutely smashed by the sirus mini bosses, im guessing map mods apply to them for some ungodly reason?

Elder mini boss, constrictor etc just killed me 3 times.

Elder influenced map mobs just killed me until i ran out of portals

Mind you i was out of EXP to lose after the 3rd sirus mini boss, so i was just yolo fighting stuff at this point.

I will try The Surrender later this week, i just gave Aegis a shot, my ES went up, but i started dying to stuff that hadnt been an issue. I'm not sure :(.

Really? That's interesting. I only discovered how good Dawnbreaker was later in the league, but it still seems weird to hear that you are struggling more with Aegis, because with Dawnbreaker you have very little ES regen, while Aegis should keep you full all the time.

As for the video I see one big issue there. 4 second ignite timer says to me that you are not using Soul of Abberath.

Now I'm not sure what pantheons you are using instead, but you really, really, really want to get rid of ignites. My suggestion - look at optimizing your flasks get something like that if you are going to keep using dawnbreaker

The other thing you really need to do - is to max out your chaos resist. Constrictor and Al-Hezmin do a lot of damage if you don't have 75 chaos res.

Another little tip would be looking up megalomaniac (or just a small cluster jewel) with Enduring Composure. Rote Reinforcements only needed if you lack block, and having pernament 4 endurance charges helps a lot with phys damage.

As an experiment - you can also swap your Zealotry for Determination. See how that feels for you. You are curerntly at about 5-ish mill DPS, will go down to 4, but your damage seems good from mthe mapping video. Might drop some for being tanky.

And another thing I just noticed - your static strike setup is wrong - check out spreadsheet in FAQ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info