[3.24] Holy Flicker Strike Necro [League start > All content] All challenges done. Adjusting build

So, i think im done here. Still gonna grind 40 challenges this league, but dont think i will improve anything else in a build.

Had plenty of fun, never got the idea behind Asenath, first time in my life reached 0.23 relic cd and was able to match it.

Sometimes swapped for Phantasmal static strike if i needed pure damage instead of convinience. Was pretty good, but would not recommend.

The best breakpoint i got - unwavering stance on the Skin of the Lords. Solved like 90% of the possibilities for me to die while letting me to keep Lunaris pantheon.

Ended up with 14.5kk dps total (averaging stuff like punishment etc). Probably, the highest i've ever got with non-meta builds.

Best expirience ever was that 5 different people actualy PMed me asking to stream how i do maps. Felt like a boss =)

Still not sure if shock on the ring is worth it or not, since i already have like A LOT on increase damage taken on enemies with vuln, punishment and unnerve. Will go with 2 endurance charges as an old habbit =)

Here is my pob if anyone cares: https://pastebin.com/q5uKvg8t

And here are the items
Last edited by Austerlic on Feb 22, 2022, 5:51:06 PM
"
Static912 wrote:
This is the first build I've had fun playing since Ritual. I hit the highest level I've ever been in PoE after playing since 3.0. I've always played builds that require pumping exalts upon exalts to reach the power this build provides, it's very refreshing to have a ~20ex build able to do whatever I want and basically play 1-handed. Thank you for the guide.

Thank you for trying it out. Glad to hear everything went smooth for you.
And since I always look for more feedback, I'd love to hear where you were farming comfortably for that xp. Whas it just mapping, or some other strategy that this build performs good with?

"
Austerlic wrote:
So, i think im done here. Still gonna grind 40 challenges this league, but dont think i will improve anything else in a build.

Had plenty of fun, never got the idea behind Asenath, first time in my life reached 0.23 relic cd and was able to match it.

Sometimes swapped for Phantasmal static strike if i needed pure damage instead of convinience. Was pretty good, but would not recommend.

The best breakpoint i got - unwavering stance on the Skin of the Lords. Solved like 90% of the possibilities for me to die while letting me to keep Lunaris pantheon.

Ended up with 14.5kk dps total (averaging stuff like punishment etc). Probably, the highest i've ever got with non-meta builds.

Best expirience ever was that 5 different people actualy PMed me asking to stream how i do maps. Felt like a boss =)

Still not sure if shock on the ring is worth it or not, since i already have like A LOT on increase damage taken on enemies with vuln, punishment and unnerve. Will go with 2 endurance charges as an old habbit =)

Here is my pob if anyone cares: https://pastebin.com/q5uKvg8t

And here are the items

Thanks for pushing the build so far! I can already take a note on few things you have going and maybe add them to the build as well.

I wish I could see those streams, I could really use more vids, more so from people that divert from the original idea and have their own spicy techs.
And I just sit here and look at all this people pushing on crazy stuff. Meanwhile me, with my average gear.

Suffice to say, that I managed to unlock the entire atlas, do wave 30 simulacrum, and do rolled feared with just that. Also mind that the gear I have was upgraded slightly AFTER I did Feared, so it was even worse by that time.

Current gear

The build holds nicely and strong, the clear speed is great, the bossing is good. I just wasn't playing much PoE this league.

I'll do my best to update the guide with vids of my own, as well as vids of other people (hope they don't mind to be on the face page of the guide)
As well as add some tweaks and update PoB with Flicker and what not.
Gotta update the list of priorities and list of Skin of the Lords keystones values as well and add them to the guide. But its not gonna come out soon.

The last thing I'm currently looking to adjust/add is Ashes of the Stars
Spoiler
I was thinking a lot about that amulet, and would it just boost relics damage, I would not consider it. But because it puts Quality and +level on your UTILITY gems, it is a very strong option.

There are a lot of upsides and downsides that go with that amulet compared to Anvil. But if you compress that to a few rough lines, we have the following.

Anvil
78/77 block
+2 all res
+1000 armor
Life and mana on block (valuable)

Ashes
13% MORE damage (huge)
More activations (potentially up to 26% MORE damage on top of flat 13%)
18 life
13 dex
75/77 block

You lose max attack block, +2 max res and mana on block for a hefty damage boost.
Its good if you are going all out offensive. Especially good if you are opting into using Assassin Mark and do crit relics. The extra quality will give you everything you need. Looking at you Vennto!

BUT it comes with a heavy price (measured in exalts) of needing to have alternative quality gems, as follows:
Divergent Tempest Shield 20/20 - currently goes for 8 ex
Divergent Bone offering 20/20 - currently goes for 2.5 ex
Divergent Animate Guardian 20/20 - currently goes for 2.5 ex

Phantasmal Static Strike with 1% Quality - that one you will have to craft yourself using Prime Regrading Lens on 1% quality Static Strike gem. You can't buy 1% qual from the market as they drop with 16%+Quality naturally. And you need it to be 1% to match activation time with relics, while Ashes will mess it up adding their quality to the mix.

1ex per attempt.

Without having AT LEAST 2 of those gems - that provide block (Bone Offering being the most important one), I don't feel like I would want to swap to it. It would cost you a lot to cap the block that way. (Or you can just get lucky and have block passives on your Glorious Vanity like SOME people over there :V)

Last edited by Fire_Archer on Feb 23, 2022, 4:47:57 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:
And since I always look for more feedback, I'd love to hear where you were farming comfortably for that xp. Whas it just mapping, or some other strategy that this build performs good with?

I delved to depth 200+ and ran T16 toxic sewers mainly doing strongboxes/legion until I was level 96, then since I feel like any more currency in the build is pointless since all the upgrades are so small, I feel like there's a pretty hard cap as to how well the build scales. I'm open to you looking at my character if you see any obvious upgrades since I don't see any that feel worth it (maybe the sceptre but I have no idea how to craft it). After 95, I blew ~16 ex over 5 hours afking 5-way carries to get to 99. Now I'm at depth 315, hoping this build can push to 400 and easily manage 400. I love delving with this build since I never get hit by anything pretty much I get to play with just my mouse, thank god for instilling orbs.

Bossing could use a bit more work (also only really an issue because I'm lazy and don't dodge shit) but overall I'm able to kill bosses eventually with enough portals and that's all I care about since I'm not worried about experience anymore.
"
Static912 wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

I delved to depth 200+ and ran T16 toxic sewers mainly doing strongboxes/legion until I was level 96, then since I feel like any more currency in the build is pointless since all the upgrades are so small, I feel like there's a pretty hard cap as to how well the build scales. I'm open to you looking at my character if you see any obvious upgrades since I don't see any that feel worth it (maybe the sceptre but I have no idea how to craft it). After 95, I blew ~16 ex over 5 hours afking 5-way carries to get to 99. Now I'm at depth 315, hoping this build can push to 400 and easily manage 400. I love delving with this build since I never get hit by anything pretty much I get to play with just my mouse, thank god for instilling orbs.

Bossing could use a bit more work (also only really an issue because I'm lazy and don't dodge shit) but overall I'm able to kill bosses eventually with enough portals and that's all I care about since I'm not worried about experience anymore.

Ah I see, gotta rate delve up in my list of league mechanics this build can do.
Thank you for response.

As for upgrades, 10/10 would anoint your amulet with Whispers of Doom (3 golden oils) - it should not cost you much, thanks GGG for oil extractor.

You can also get ring with Vulnerability on hit to go omega-1-button-press playstyle. Can drop out Punishment in that case. You will have tempo chains and vuln on passive hits.

Include Reckoning + Vengeance in your free gems slots. Level doesn't matter. That way you can legit go afk in delve enchounters. Can look for alt quality for those too if you wanna spice things up.

EDIT
Also noticed you have sick chest with Wicked Ward. How does it feel? Do you feel regen kicking in mid fights?
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Feb 23, 2022, 6:45:15 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Thank you for response.

As for upgrades, 10/10 would anoint your amulet with Whispers of Doom (3 golden oils) - it should not cost you much, thanks GGG for oil extractor.

You can also get ring with Vulnerability on hit to go omega-1-button-press playstyle. Can drop out Punishment in that case. You will have tempo chains and vuln on passive hits.

Include Reckoning + Vengeance in your free gems slots. Level doesn't matter. That way you can legit go afk in delve enchounters. Can look for alt quality for those too if you wanna spice things up.

EDIT
Also noticed you have sick chest with Wicked Ward. How does it feel? Do you feel regen kicking in mid fights?

Bought a Vulnerability ring & dropped punishment, definitely a nice QoL change. The Reckoning + Vengeance combo doesn't trigger nearly as often as I'd like, enough to make me fear dying, but I guess I'll keep it in for now since I have nothing else to put there.
As for Wicked Ward, I can't really remember how the ES recharge was before because I got my timeless jewel at the same time as my chest so I didn't really have that +2k~ ES to look at. But I guess the energy shield feels nice while I'm running around clearing yeah, it's kinda always constantly recharging.
"
Static912 wrote:
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Thank you for response.

EDIT

Bought a Vulnerability ring & dropped punishment, definitely a nice QoL change. The Reckoning + Vengeance combo doesn't trigger nearly as often as I'd like, enough to make me fear dying, but I guess I'll keep it in for now since I have nothing else to put there.
As for Wicked Ward, I can't really remember how the ES recharge was before because I got my timeless jewel at the same time as my chest so I didn't really have that +2k~ ES to look at. But I guess the energy shield feels nice while I'm running around clearing yeah, it's kinda always constantly recharging.

Looking further, I would definatly get boots with burning ground immunity. I'd guess delve has a lot of it. Or desecrated ground. Then again, if your ES doesn't stop regening when you stand on it... Might not be that much worth it.

You have enough of mana (because of amulet) to slot in war banner/Flesh and Stone. Passive damage boost. Alternatively - MrCinos there slotted in Herald of Purity - claims that extra dudes feel nice with taunting enemies off him.

That is instead of counterattacks if you are not impressed.
Last edited by Fire_Archer on Feb 23, 2022, 7:06:00 AM
"
Fire_Archer wrote:

Looking further, I would definatly get boots with burning ground immunity. I'd guess delve has a lot of it. Or desecrated ground. Then again, if your ES doesn't stop regening when you stand on it... Might not be that much worth it.

You have enough of mana (because of amulet) to slot in war banner/Flesh and Stone. Passive damage boost. Alternatively - MrCinos there slotted in Herald of Purity - claims that extra dudes feel nice with taunting enemies off him.

That is instead of counterattacks if you are not impressed.

I'm using the upgraded Abberath pantheon so I'm not affected by burning ground anyways. I'll test out war banner & flesh and stone and see how they feel.
"
After 95, I blew ~16 ex over 5 hours afking 5-way carries to get to 99. Now I'm at depth 315, hoping this build can push to 400 and easily manage 400

Delving 400 is still extremely smooth, thats the area where I am at. I am delving between 390 and 430, killing all bosses deathless If I don´t mess up myself with great clear. I am swapping between the ascenats for clear and vixen gloves for triple curse single target.

"
You lose max attack block, +2 max res and mana on block for a hefty damage boost.
Its good if you are going all out offensive. Especially good if you are opting into using Assassin Mark and do crit relics. The extra quality will give you everything you need. Looking at you Vennto!

Don´t u worry, I silently followed this discussion about that amulet very closely :D Unfortunately, as mentioned before - even if this is a very interesting and nice option I do not want to put any more time (and currency as well) in my setup, as I started gathering the first things for my final build of 3.17. Normally I am able to sell my league-starter, but for some reason which I do not understand at all there´s very little interest in this build, which means I have to grind out the entire currency and don´t have a jumpstart. Thats why I cannot experiment more right now, but I´ll def. keep that in mind for next season :)
"
Vennto wrote:
Normally I am able to sell my league-starter, but for some reason which I do not understand at all there´s very little interest in this build, which means I have to grind out the entire currency and don´t have a jumpstart. Thats why I cannot experiment more right now, but I´ll def. keep that in mind for next season :)

Well that's because no one knows about this build. This is offmeta for you. I keep it low profile, its not on reddit, not on youtube, not even in listed forum builds. And I think I'll keep it that way, or GGG might detect fun.

I'd totes buy your entire stock (I really wanna feel the crit version and add it as build end game goal, I think despite all, crit is the way to go), but sadly, lost ark got me.

And other than me, there is maybe like... 10 people who play this at best, I'd wager. I'll try to help you out a bit and post your sell offer on main page with your vids. Since I was going to post your visd anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info