MacOs Big Sur

Hello,

didn't find a correct place to post this thread.

I need for work reason to update to the latest Mac OS Big Sur, is the actual PoE Mac client compatible?

Tnks

Update:
I did some test over the Week End on the client on Big Sur:

Didn't find different bug than the one already reported multiple time, however the performances got way worst.
Legion and Delirium were difficult before, now are impossible, loading maps takes way longer than before and the CPU and GPU are used more.

Is possible is only in my case, but I think can be good to share the result of the test.

Tnks

Again Update:

After last patch the game is way smoother, performances overall improved.

Tnks GGG
Last edited by ElBastardPOE on Nov 20, 2020, 9:48:06 AM
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2021, 12:11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
ElBastardPOE wrote:
Hello,

didn't find a correct place to post this thread.

I need for work reason to update to the latest Mac OS Big Sur, is the actual PoE Mac client compatible?

Tnks

you are asking a question so how can that be a bug ???
Can confirm, the performance is much worse on Big Sur, I usually only have POE open in MacOS for trading - since it's really clunky so mapping experience was quite poor, but anyway, it used to be fine with hideout tradings.

However, yesterday I upgraded to Big Sur, now POE consumes 4-5GB RAM all the time, and causes the macbook very slow and even the mouse became laggy, so I cannot have it open while doing other things.

My device info:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports),
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB
IGN: TheWeakBreath
Same here...
We need some love from devs.

Im on Macbook Pro 16
Last edited by nipex123 on Dec 5, 2020, 1:13:59 AM
Same here, I'm on a 16inch Macbook Pro with Big Sur.

I notice that the PoE client isn't using the discrete GPU as shown in Activity Monitor. Is this a bug? I already disabled Automatic graphics switching on my Mac.

Last edited by CaprICorNzZ on Dec 11, 2020, 9:54:07 PM
Hello, I have the same issue If I check some app that uses GPU e.g.: iMovie it uses GPU but Poe does not, even in-game I'm not able to pick GPU.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

MAC client is BETA software at the moment.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Since early September. It just is it still experimental or have they promoted this to beta status?

Also yes the GPU support is lacking since the graphics options tab doesn't even detect or allow settings to be applied.

Did they get this to work Ok with the new M1 Mac even?
"
Nightwind4 wrote:
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
Since early September. It just is it still experimental or have they promoted this to beta status?

Also yes the GPU support is lacking since the graphics options tab doesn't even detect or allow settings to be applied.

Did they get this to work Ok with the new M1 Mac even?

well Vulcan render have been in BETA MUCH longer then MAC OS client and they haven't done anything to that one yet either.....
Is there any way to force the MacBook to use the dedicated GPU, and therefore forcing PoE to do the same?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info