[3.13] Aura Stacking Minions (20-30+ Mil DPS, ~87% resistances, Beginner Friendly, League Starter)

"
Oxybeles wrote:
Hey folks,

Used a very similar build to dominate all content in 3.15:

https://pastebin.com/i3TJZRsy

I have a feeling that most spectre builds just got a knife to the back with EE changes, but this may be the one-and-only that comes away unscathed. Since this is an aurastacker build, things may change, but actually its looking like running these auras may not be out of the question:

(Vaal) Discipline
(Vaal) Haste
Vitality
Purity of [Ice/Fire/Lightning]
Flesh and Stone
Summon Skitterbots
Pride
Dread Banner
Precision
Aspect of the Avian

12 auras may be stretching it a bit with the new reservation system, but we could afford to drop Flesh and Stone and Avian without too much power dropoff. As soon as the new PoB comes out, I'm going to start trying to fit things together for 3.16 and see where it lands.

Even 10 auras is probably stretching it with the new reservation system.
I think a more realistic number is something like 7-8 auras.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Oct 15, 2021, 10:20:51 AM
I'll probably shoot for something like:

Purity of Elements
Vitality
Haste
Discipline
Skitterbots
Pride
Dread Banner

Going to change the body piece, as I didn't feel like the Saqawal chestpiece added a ton of function to the build. It'll probably need to transition into a Skin of the Lords with AoE corruption.

The other problem is trying to find a suitable replacement for Syndicate Operatives (or possibly still using them). We need a solid physical-only (preferably) ranged spectre, though Crabbies are fully physical also I believe.

On the upside, less focus on reduction of aura reservation will do things like open the offhand for a second Convoking wand, simplifying the tree (though the 4 anoint neckpiece in Scourge is going to make grabbing all of those aura reduction nodes pretty trivial anyway), and possibly opening up some space for other uniques to come in. Purity of Elements is already going to simplify everything itself.
Last edited by Oxybeles on Oct 15, 2021, 2:28:33 PM
"
Oxybeles wrote:
I'll probably shoot for something like:

Purity of Elements
Vitality
Haste
Discipline
Skitterbots
Pride
Dread Banner

Going to change the body piece, as I didn't feel like the Saqawal chestpiece added a ton of function to the build. It'll probably need to transition into a Skin of the Lords with AoE corruption.

The other problem is trying to find a suitable replacement for Syndicate Operatives (or possibly still using them). We need a solid physical-only (preferably) ranged spectre, though Crabbies are fully physical also I believe.

On the upside, less focus on reduction of aura reservation will do things like open the offhand for a second Convoking wand, simplifying the tree (though the 4 anoint neckpiece in Scourge is going to make grabbing all of those aura reduction nodes pretty trivial anyway), and possibly opening up some space for other uniques to come in. Purity of Elements is already going to simplify everything itself.

Unfortunately there is no physical ranged spectre to use that can replace Syndicate Operatives.
I've tried all of them, there simply isn't any.

If SOs are S-tier spectres there's some other spectres that could be considered A or B tier.

- Redemption Sentry: 75% cold conversion
- Crabs: 75% Cold Conversion
- Artless Assassin: 75% Fire conversion
- Frost Autoscouts: 100% cold damage (Spells)
- Hyrr's Watch: 75% cold conversion
- Baronite Preacher: Fire caster
- Slave Driver: Lightning caster
- Redemption Knight: 75% cold conversion

There literally is no good pure phys damage spectre that I know off.
Of these, Hyrr's Watcher and Redemption Sentries are the best. But you need to scale cold for them to work.

Syndicate operatives will not be useable, you will need to find a replacement.
You could simply try going a cold version instead of pure phys. Simply swap Pride for Hatred, link Bonechill to your Skitterbots and stack Frostbite + Elemental Weakness Curses while getting exposure into the build somehow.
Doing that you'd probably run Grip of the Council gloves.
Last edited by Deadandlivin on Oct 15, 2021, 2:50:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info