How to use stat filters on trade site

Hello
I searched how to use stat filter on trade site (and, if, not, etc.). But can't find enough information.

Example searches I've tried are:

- I am looking for a 3 passive skill cluster jewel. But the first two will be certain skills. The third one can be random. But there should definitely be a third.

I do not try without any results :)

- I'm looking for a ring. There must be a certain resistance in this. But 1 suffix should be empty.

thks
Last edited by hellfuel on Nov 6, 2020, 8:40:22 AM
Last bumped on May 29, 2023, 1:58:27 AM
Is it not in the official source?
And means a specific Stat Filter must come up with your search. Use this by default if you're looking for specific modifiers and ranges.

Not means specific Stat Filters (or Stat Filter ranges if you wanna be tricky) shouldn't come up with your search. Typically use this with another Stat Group unless you want to see every possible item that doesn't have a specific modifier.

If means a Stat Filter should only turn up if it fits in the specified Min and Max range. Try using this with other Stat Groups and your perfect item might just pop up amongst a sea of 'good enoughs'.

Count searches for the specified number or range of Stat Filters you define. For example, if the range is 1 and you search for a Ring with the Stat Filters +#% total to Cold Resistance and +#% total to Fire Resistance, the search result should bring up items with either one relevant modifier or the other.

Weighted Sum adds a couple more range boxes to your Stat Group. A Weighted Sum at the top of the group and a Weight on each stat in its respective group. Adding a Weight number to an item will add a multiplier to it's range which you can use to either search for a specified Weighted Sum or sort into a sum of your choice (after you've confirmed the search).

For example, adding a Weight of 1 to +# total to Strength would mean +10 to Strength would be 10 towards your Weighted Sum. Adding a Weight of 2 to +# total to Dexterity means +10 to Dexterity would be 20 towards your Weighted Sum and etc.

Hope this information helps! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or contact us at support@grindinggear.com! :)
"
hellfuel wrote:
- I am looking for a 3 passive skill cluster jewel. But the first two will be certain skills. The third one can be random. But there should definitely be a third.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/w04KpzBhb
List the skills you want. State that you expect at least one more passive: Because those skills are one prefix and one suffix you need to state that you expect one of [2 prefixes OR 2 suffixes].

Edit: The above search isn't what you asked for (it's 3-4 affix, not passives). For what you want I believe you need to enumerate the entire passive list for your target cluster jewel in a count 1 block. ie: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/oPKlzPkUl
Edit2: Looks like they've added a 'psudo' for that: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/GKBq8R3cb

"
hellfuel wrote:
- I'm looking for a ring. There must be a certain resistance in this. But 1 suffix should be empty.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/O5PL6gCE
Last edited by SirGuySW on Nov 11, 2020, 2:30:19 PM
Thank you for both answers. They were very helpful.
"
Al_GGG wrote:
And means a specific Stat Filter must come up with your search. Use this by default if you're looking for specific modifiers and ranges.

Not means specific Stat Filters (or Stat Filter ranges if you wanna be tricky) shouldn't come up with your search. Typically use this with another Stat Group unless you want to see every possible item that doesn't have a specific modifier.

If means a Stat Filter should only turn up if it fits in the specified Min and Max range. Try using this with other Stat Groups and your perfect item might just pop up amongst a sea of 'good enoughs'.

Count searches for the specified number or range of Stat Filters you define. For example, if the range is 1 and you search for a Ring with the Stat Filters +#% total to Cold Resistance and +#% total to Fire Resistance, the search result should bring up items with either one relevant modifier or the other.

Weighted Sum adds a couple more range boxes to your Stat Group. A Weighted Sum at the top of the group and a Weight on each stat in its respective group. Adding a Weight number to an item will add a multiplier to it's range which you can use to either search for a specified Weighted Sum or sort into a sum of your choice (after you've confirmed the search).

For example, adding a Weight of 1 to +# total to Strength would mean +10 to Strength would be 10 towards your Weighted Sum. Adding a Weight of 2 to +# total to Dexterity means +10 to Dexterity would be 20 towards your Weighted Sum and etc.

Hope this information helps! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or contact us at support@grindinggear.com! :)

Even this explanation could be a bit more explicit, because If works a tinsy winsy bit differenty, which makes a whole lot of difference:
If means that a Stat Filter can be non-existent, but if it is present, it should only turn up if it fits in the specified Min and Max range.

Having all of this on the ? page of the Trade site would also be so very easy to do and so very helpful. Been playing for almost 3 years and I just discovered how to use OR and how powerful it is...
Last edited by mcswayer on May 29, 2023, 2:00:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info