[3.15] Devon's Nebuloch Tank Jugg | Fire Ground Slam | All content viable

3.15 Changes for this build
----------------------------------

Not a lot changed, damage slightly lower (5% less)
Still has enough mana to cast (yay)

----------------------------------

Ever wanted to facetank the Sirus beams but didn't wanna block or use 25EX? Well now's your chance!! :DDDD

Pros
+ mega tanky
+ ok starter
+ Boss killer
+ Map clearer
+ lot of regen
+ really tanky
+ cheap af! (only expensive item is 6L loreweave)

Cons
- gear dependant
- a lot of unique items
- low damage
- degen bad (until you get all of the regen)

THE BUILD

How does it work?

Explanation:
Spoiler
The main defensive stats come from the Jugg ascendancy and the Nebuloch maces that both improve Endurance charges. If you have your max endurance charges you're tanky af (and you will have them, all of the time). The rest of the tankiness comes from Loreweave since it increases max resistances to 78%.
The Jugg ascendancy generates end charges when you are hit, there are 3 nodes that improve this ability even further and multiple nodes that provide life regeneration PER endurance charge. This build takes all of these nodes along with 2x Kaom's Way rings, skyrocketing the regeneration and completely negating the effect of the Nebuloch maces. BE WARNED to use nebulochs only once you've covered the degen, otherwise you'll melt like the evil liquid robot in Terminator.
You generate End. charges by getting hit or using your enduring cry on a boss or on multiple monsters.

Blood stance for bosses, Sand stance for clearing.

Videos and Gifs

Endgame Showcase [Drox + Sirus]:
https://youtu.be/r5lVS_A-PHc

Path of Building - Pastabin (updated, 3.15, 30.7)

Community fork
https://pastebin.com/kTkhBH3B

Everything is inside, use this^
No cluster jewels used! Alongside Normal/Cruel/Merciless/Endgame trees, to the bottom left where it says "Endgame - 95", click on that and you can swap out the trees to see what you need to prioritize. Also here you can check out the whole tree, gear, gems, enchants, damage, etc. Basically you can see everything that I used and what you should aim for.

Leveling

General tips:

Spoiler
Make sure to keep upgrading your weapons as you go on, attacks are fairly dependant on the weapons you're using.
- Use one Praxis ring or any form of mana leech to handle the mana costs
- prioritize Life and Resistances -> a good starting item is Goldrim, you can basically wear it to maps with the resists it provides, afterwards you want an armor based helm with life and resists
- boots should have movement speed -> Wanderlust are a great choice for starting out, later on equip armor boots with movespeed, life and some resistances
- links are important, more links more damage -> at Act I you should have a 3L, at Act III a 4L and around Act V if you get lucky or buy one (shouldn't be too expensive) buy a 5L chest and throw an alch/essence on it
- accuracy, attack speed, critical strike chance and spell damage ALL help you

Guide:

Spoiler
ACTS
Use ground slam as soon as you can get it and take two 1 handed weapons. Keep upgrading your weapons along the way while taking life and resists on every other item.

Passive tree, Bandits and Pantheon

Passive Tree

Spoiler

Bandits

Necessary: - Alira - Need the +15% to all resistances, damage and most importantly you'll need the regen

Pantheon

BiS:
Arakaali + Shakari - can get a lot of regen conditionaly and more Degen resistance

All Links

[from most important to least, prioritize like this]

Body Armour (6L)= Ground Slam(20/20) > Fortify(20/20) > Multistrike(21/20) > Anomalous Inspiration(20/20) > Elemental Damage with Attacks(20/20) > Melee Phys(20/20)

Weapon 1(3L)= Wave of Conviction(1/0) + Hextouch(19/20) + Flammability(20/0)

Weapon 2(3L)=Enduring Cry(20/20) + Precision(5/0) + Vitality(9/0)

Helmet(4L)=Blood and Sand(6/0) + Herald of Ash(20/20) + Summon Skitterbots(20/20) + Enlighten(3)

Gloves(4L)=CWDT(8/20) + Vaal Molten Shell(14/20) + Leap Slam(1/20) + Culling Strike(1/20)

Kaom's Roots

Try to get a useful enchant on Kaom's roots in Uber Lab. 10% ele pen is the best one but you can make do with 2% regen or something else.

Gear

Recommended during leveling:

Tumbleweed for now

Leveling Gear
Spoiler
Example of leveling gear:

Example of leveling flasks:

My Gear

IMPORTANT: Try to get crusader influenced gloves with phys to fire conversion to cap out the fire conversion to 100%.

Budget Alternative

Excellent chestpiece for early mapping until you get Loreweave. Just buy a 6L armour base chest and craft some life on top of it.

Anointment:

The best Anointment:
Disemboweling - Much needed damage

Excellent cheap alternative:
Galvanic Hammer - Much needed damage

My personal current achievements with the build:

-20 Heist Challenges
-killed a lot of conquerors
-killed Sirus twice (A6, A7)

Finally something super tanky :D

Check out my other guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2724153
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
"The Emperor beckons and the world attends." -Izaro
"Shine boldly so that all may find you when the night falls." -Izaro
Last edited by devon752 on Jul 30, 2021, 5:45:57 AM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2021, 6:50:58 PM
I have two questions for you:

1. I saw this section "- Use one Praxis ring or any form of mana leech to handle the mana costs", but how do you personally deal with mana sustain when playing solo? Is the regeneration you get from Alira enough, or do you get a leech node? I'd rather have the second Kaom's Way than a Praxis.

2. Is there any other source for Physical to Fire conversion other than the Magmatic Strikes cluster + Avatar of Fire? It seems disappointing that we only have 90% of the physical damage converted.
Last edited by TheCyborgSlayer on Nov 19, 2020, 7:48:36 PM
"
I have two questions for you:

1. I saw this section "- Use one Praxis ring or any form of mana leech to handle the mana costs", but how do you personally deal with mana sustain when playing solo? Is the regeneration you get from Alira enough, or do you get a leech node? I'd rather have the second Kaom's Way than a Praxis.

2. Is there any other source for Physical to Fire conversion other than the Magmatic Strikes cluster + Avatar of Fire? It seems disappointing that we only have 90% of the physical damage converted.

Excellent questions:
1) Yes the endgame setup I have listed on this page is enough to sustain your endgame mana consumption, if you think it's lacking a bit, remove either vitality or precision and add a small level clarity instead (I've noticed that in rare cases you can run out if you're spamming too many spells at once).
2) The crusader gloves can roll a 15-25% phys to fire conversion. I can't believe I forgot to list this. Thank you for pointing it out.
"Let your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile." -unknown
I wasn't using multistrike yet and didn't think of its delay to give more time to regen mana, shouldve considered that. But yeah, I bought a pair of those conversion gloves and it certainly gave me a significant boost. Thanks for the reply
Liking the build so far, using it as my Mayhem event starter character. I do have couple questions:

1) As the main skill being Ground slam in the PoB set-up and on the links on webpage, yet you still talk about Tectonic slam in the notes in PoB, which one you recommend to use? I'm not very good at build crafting, and when I switch Tectonic slam as the main skill in PoB (and switch the helmet to goldrim to get unbiased results without the enchant), the dps end up dropping for some amount.

2) What tweaks would this build need to convert it to use say, Sunder or possibly Tectonic slam (as it seemed to use it at some point I guess?) Or would the tweaking be pointless?
"
henjoi wrote:
Liking the build so far, using it as my Mayhem event starter character. I do have couple questions:

1) As the main skill being Ground slam in the PoB set-up and on the links on webpage, yet you still talk about Tectonic slam in the notes in PoB, which one you recommend to use? I'm not very good at build crafting, and when I switch Tectonic slam as the main skill in PoB (and switch the helmet to goldrim to get unbiased results without the enchant), the dps end up dropping for some amount.

2) What tweaks would this build need to convert it to use say, Sunder or possibly Tectonic slam (as it seemed to use it at some point I guess?) Or would the tweaking be pointless?

1) Ah yeah sorry forgot about that (fixed somewhat under notes with new pastebin). It was initially intended to play with Tectonic slam (and it is somewhat better to play with that while mapping) but the downside is you don't get the benefit of having maxed endurance charges. Juggernaught has a benefit of reducing all elemental damage taken if you have them maxed out. Since Tectonic slam consumes them I opted out of it and into Ground slam. One more reason I went for GS is the enchant and the general lazyness of my playstyle. The damage difference between a facecheck GS and infernal blow is negligible BUT the difference is I have one skill for both mapping and bossing. I like the simple life.

2) No tweaks for tectonic slam iirc.
"
1) Ah yeah sorry forgot about that (fixed somewhat under notes with new pastebin). It was initially intended to play with Tectonic slam (and it is somewhat better to play with that while mapping) but the downside is you don't get the benefit of having maxed endurance charges. Juggernaught has a benefit of reducing all elemental damage taken if you have them maxed out. Since Tectonic slam consumes them I opted out of it and into Ground slam. One more reason I went for GS is the enchant and the general lazyness of my playstyle. The damage difference between a facecheck GS and infernal blow is negligible BUT the difference is I have one skill for both mapping and bossing. I like the simple life.

2) No tweaks for tectonic slam iirc.

Ah allright, thanks for reply. I will continue testing what feels best for myself. Merry Christmas man~
"
henjoi wrote:
Ah allright, thanks for reply. I will continue testing what feels best for myself. Merry Christmas man~

Ty, you too my dude.
So how does this build feel in 3.13?
"
Zortoss wrote:
So how does this build feel in 3.13?
Should be as good as before. I'll update tomorrow but I don't think Jugg was changed all that much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info