[3.20] KissMeQuick's Slayer Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & Mad Strong in Sanctum — Starter

Also trying to figure out where I can improve

https://pastebin.com/ffQCMhQj

current status: getting wrecked on L16 wave simu boss :/
Last edited by happycatters on Dec 4, 2021, 10:13:54 PM
"
Dedellx wrote:
LOL
Maybe is slower to map, but the thing with cyclone is: I just press one button and nothing else matter, when I'm just attacking while moving! With reave I had to press a lot of buttons, stop a lot of times to attack, and die for nothing. And I play on controller, so was really annoying press a lot of button combination to use secondary skills or even flasks. With cyclone I just press my attack button and go until the boss. And for bossing eventually I use totens + Vaal double strike, but at most of time even that is not necessary as I just don't die when cycloning. For me is better in every way, and even faster coz I lost a lot of time dying and stopping to attack with reave.
But for that is important to have Unwavering stance (stun imune) and drop the timeless jewel!!!

Oh it's definitely not for the faint hearted. My wrist feels like it's going to break with the amount of moving I do in this build. It's literally move, attack, attack, move, move, attack, attack. If you're stationary for too long you're dead.

I do have trouble understanding where it's lacking in defense though. A friends build has higher spell block but generally the same and he's fine. I find that if I make a mistake it's really unforgivable but I guess it'd be boring if not.
"
Lesnoj wrote:
Guys one question, do you also die some times on one boss hit in 14-16 maps ?
I have 12k armor and 5,6k hp and some bosses just kill me on one hit :(

Depends on the boss. I nearly died in one shot earlier to a yellow mob in a T16 map. My physical mitigation is 78%, 75% block, 38% spell block and 4.7K life. I still die in one shot but I know my life needs to be higher.

The main thing is that you CANNOT stand still. You have to be moving at all times or you're mostly dead. The leech, from what I understand, only gives 24% per second so two quick hits within 4 seconds and you're most likely dead.
"
Dedellx wrote:
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:

I just tried this. Purchased a Cyclone 20/20 and Infused 20/20.
Slotted them into my body slot and removed Multistrike.

NOTHING ELSE CHANGED.

I think it feels extremely sluggish. The movement speed is dismal. You're spending time reacting to attacks rather than being proactive like you are with Reave (hit, hit, leap, hit, hit, leap, etc), and that makes you a target for large hits. I don't think this build has the defense layers to survive in Cyclone. I do however need to spend more time trying to change my playstyle to suit Cyclone over Reave.

I'd say at minimum you'd need to remove a flask to get a Quicksilver in and maybe swap out leap for something else because Cyclone feels like it's winding up too slow compared to how quick Reave is.

I'm just amateur but definitely feels awful to me :(

LOL
Maybe is slower to map, but the thing with cyclone is: I just press one button and nothing else matter, when I'm just attacking while moving! With reave I had to press a lot of buttons, stop a lot of times to attack, and die for nothing. And I play on controller, so was really annoying press a lot of button combination to use secondary skills or even flasks. With cyclone I just press my attack button and go until the boss. And for bossing eventually I use totens + Vaal double strike, but at most of time even that is not necessary as I just don't die when cycloning. For me is better in every way, and even faster coz I lost a lot of time dying and stopping to attack with reave.
But for that is important to have Unwavering stance (stun imune) and drop the timeless jewel!!!

LOL If you wanna play a dadgamer build, a build where you can have one hand on your balls or a beer go play RF or minions. Leave this build to players who actually wants to play something interactfull.
"
Lesnoj wrote:

You are never supposed to tank bosses, you have the range on reave to be able to just outrange the hits, and if not, move around. 12k armor is far from enough to be able to just face tanks a boss, especially a crit. And if you have any dmg increase mod on your map = SPLAT LOL.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
Lesnoj wrote:

Depends on the boss. I nearly died in one shot earlier to a yellow mob in a T16 map. My physical mitigation is 78%, 75% block, 38% spell block and 4.7K life. I still die in one shot but I know my life needs to be higher.

The main thing is that you CANNOT stand still. You have to be moving at all times or you're mostly dead. The leech, from what I understand, only gives 24% per second so two quick hits within 4 seconds and you're most likely dead.
You can not look at the ingame phys mitigation tool tip, it shows nothing. Armor works very different compared to resistance, the bigger the hit the less % mitigation you will have. The ingame tool tip shows your mitigation vs a white mob at your level ( a mob without any modifiers ) or at level 84 if you're above. If you want a more accurate % mitigation you will have to edit the hit dmg in the config of PoB. You can use the 12k phys dmg taken when entering the shadow realm on a scourge map as reference. If you have for example 75% phys mitigation ingame from mostly armor you actually only have around 29% mitigation vs that big of a hit. So you will take around 8.5k phys dmg. The reason I say "from mostly armor" is because flat phys % reduction like endurance charges or phys reduction from an item/patheon actually does what it say, 4% is 4% regardless of the hit, its only the phys reduction from armor which differs depending on the size of the hit.
"
Nightwishlol wrote:
You can not look at the ingame phys mitigation tool tip, it shows nothing. Armor works very different compared to resistance, the bigger the hit the less % mitigation you will have. The ingame tool tip shows your mitigation vs a white mob at your level ( a mob without any modifiers ) or at level 84 if you're above. If you want a more accurate % mitigation you will have to edit the hit dmg in the config of PoB. You can use the 12k phys dmg taken when entering the shadow realm on a scourge map as reference. If you have for example 75% phys mitigation ingame from mostly armor you actually only have around 29% mitigation vs that big of a hit. So you will take around 8.5k phys dmg. The reason I say "from mostly armor" is because flat phys % reduction like endurance charges or phys reduction from an item/patheon actually does what it say, 4% is 4% regardless of the hit, its only the phys reduction from armor which differs depending on the size of the hit.

Thanks for the explanation. I had a quick test in POB and it changes a lot.

So if I have a body or shield that has 7% additional physical reduction, you're saying that's a flat 7% because it's not armour? That's interesting. Makes me want to build up differently.
"
ThalantyrDSL wrote:
"
Nightwishlol wrote:

Thanks for the explanation. I had a quick test in POB and it changes a lot.

So if I have a body or shield that has 7% additional physical reduction, you're saying that's a flat 7% because it's not armour? That's interesting. Makes me want to build up differently.
Only the phys mitigation by armor is less if the hit is higher but I wouldnt worry about it if you're not playing HC, 12k armor is enough with 75% block if you dont face tank bosses and slams. If you rly wanna face tank stuff I would swap Purity of elements for determination and try to get ailment immunity by other means and also remove Abyssus.
Last edited by Nightwishlol on Dec 5, 2021, 10:40:32 PM
"
Nightwishlol wrote:
If you rly wanna face tank stuff I would swap Purity of elements for determination and try to get ailment immunity by other means and also remove Abyssus.

Not a fan of Abyssus?
Would my stasis prison work with this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info