Please allow conaoole the use of instant guard skill on movement like PC

GGG please let us use instant guard skills on movement like pc. I suggest an alternate use like we have on movement skills that then procs the skill on movement if not on cooldown. Its a big nerf to conaoole players compared to PC, and it seams like it should be an easy fix.
Last bumped on Dec 30, 2023, 1:16:36 AM
Can explain a bit more what is the problem?
On PC they can for example add Steelskin to the left mouse button so when they click to move. It cast the skill linked to movement this case steelskin. Which makes them have to handle one skill less. It also works with arcane Cloak. Enduring cry if its instant through passive tree, immortal call, milten shell and so on.
Agreed! Same with cries.
fix PlayStation port
This has been discussed internally, but to implement this is far from trivial due to the way console movement works when comparing to the PC platform. As of right now this isn't something that we can support, but may be re-visited in the future.
Hey Jeff, i think its possible.

Corpsewalker boots trigger deathwalk on movement.
So there is already an OnMovement Event implented.

So i think it should be possible to add on the skill wheel an option to activate this. Like alternative behavior on movement skills.

It’s a bunch of work but I think that’s a good way to implant something like this.
Their click to move is also their loot, our X to loot is this function button.

We just need to keep mashing X to use the skill just like they would keep clicking.

Closest we can get to this, would be L3 being another button. That way you can press down on your joystick (mouse) to use a skill. We would need to remap what L3 currently does. (Show all Loot/XP) possibly to (R1+L1) Personally I'd rather that be a quicksilver, but that's just me.

That all ropes back into the idea of remapping buttons and players having that option. The new NPC changes are a huge step in that regard. If we were to ever hopefully have that as an option we first needed them to 'link Sell to Square' and have all NPC's using R1 as specific skill, ect. That uniformity they have created is the first step to allowing us choice of what button does that function for all uses.

But if you're thinking any time you push your joystick in a direction it would auto use a skill I think we are asking for too much at that point. PC has to click to move, imagine if you had to be tapping L3 the whole time you wanted your joystick to work. That's why I don't PC game, way too much clicking for me. I think this is what Jeff is thinking when he said it's 'trivial' due to how we move VS how they move. And why their staff cannot support the idea of joystick = ability use. Not that they couldn't do it if they deemed it was something they wanted to.
So basically ggg gives us trade board since some don’t have access to a pc but then turns around and says pc just gets better playability because no one important plays console classy. I really enjoy the game but gets really aggravating when you allow pc to do this and virtually nerf console players exclusively
It's time to create a support gem for guardskill, where she activates guardskill gem every 10 seconds for example.
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
This has been discussed internally, but to implement this is far from trivial due to the way console movement works when comparing to the PC platform. As of right now this isn't something that we can support, but may be re-visited in the future.

easy fix: allow us to enable ONE skill to be automatically used on cooldown. The mechanic for it is already there since you can walk and use other skills just fine while holding down X

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info