[Brazil] The huge difference between PC/XBOX/PS4 pack/points prices.

So I was about to buy Basilisk support since I was happy with some feedback about the new patch fix, but what the actual fuck, they raise the prices again?

It was 15% higher than PC since Synthesis, they changed to 57% in december 2019 and now 100%, when was that? Did they say anything about it?

UPDATED;

Pack prices (BRL):

PC: 80,00 / 160,00
XBOX: 112,45 / 222,45
PS4: 159,90 / 319,90

The same game, same mtx, same amount of points. The only difference is that PS4 had more problems than PC/XBOX for the last couple months, funny right.

Sad part is that not many people check forum or even waste their time to talk about it, they just go away, silently.

GGG/Sony wont talk about it, no problem, but I'll keep bumping this shit.
Last edited by kzl_91 on Nov 2, 2020, 12:13:42 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2021, 2:58:51 AM
"
kzl_91 wrote:
So I was about to buy Basilisk support since I was happy with some feedback about the new patch fix, but what the actual fuck, they raise the prices again?

It was 15% higher than PC since Synthesis, they changed to 57% in december 2019 and now 100%, when was that? Did they say anything about it?

What are you smoking?

Basilisk Supporter on PC is USD 60.00.

Basilisk Supporter on PS4 is USD 59.99.

The only way that tier of supporter pack is $30 is if you already own a lower version of it, and are upgrading. AFAIK, there is no lower version of Basilisk, so there's no upgrade pricing available.

There are cheaper packs, if you want fewer points.
"
QQPQ wrote:
"
kzl_91 wrote:

What are you smoking?

Basilisk Supporter on PC is USD 60.00.

Basilisk Supporter on PS4 is USD 59.99.

The only way that tier of supporter pack is $30 is if you already own a lower version of it, and are upgrading. AFAIK, there is no lower version of Basilisk, so there's no upgrade pricing available.

There are cheaper packs, if you want fewer points.

Red marlboro, I stopped with drugs, but thanks for asking.

It is right now 80/160BRL on PC, and 159/319BRL on PS4, maybe it didn't change for you but it did for me and others.

Guess I'll keep buying points only.
Last edited by kzl_91 on Oct 17, 2020, 1:16:14 PM
"
kzl_91 wrote:

It is right now 80/160BRL on PC, and 159/319BRL on PS4, maybe it didn't change for you but it did for me and others.

Guess I'll keep buying points only.

Uh, if it really is 160BRL on PC, then the Brazilian PC players are basically getting it for half price. Most of the rest of the world is paying the local equivalent of 60USD (which google tells me is 338BRL).
A pack here is almost 1/3 of a minimum wage. I don't think they profit with console brazilian players as much as they could this way, at the same time they're losing potential new players. Sony might have something to do with it but we'll never know.

Knowing this, imagine trying to get a friend to start playing, telling him to buy around 500 points for tabs to play it properly, he will tell me to fuck off right away lol.

Lets not forget we had 4 months of totally fucked up game with crashes, nobody can guarantee it wont happen again, I'm just being realistic here, love the game tho.
"
kzl_91 wrote:
A pack here is almost 1/3 of a minimum wage.

The minimum wage in a given area does not affect the price of items. If anything the lack of disposable income within an area indicates an area their marketing team shouldn't focus on as the returns aren't worth the effort.

500 points is 50 USD. Most new games are more than that, however this game isn't new. But it is free, and the leagues they release are also free and those are new. So for less than the cost of a new game, your buddy can get free new content for his game every 3 months. And any investment he makes into this iteration of the game, will also apply to PoE2 when it releases. So he's also getting another free game!!

It's all about how you think about it. Most of what they do is incredibly fair, just stay away from the gamble boxes and only buy what you need. All of the fancy, pretty and optional stuff is the higher priced items.
"
"
kzl_91 wrote:
A pack here is almost 1/3 of a minimum wage.

The minimum wage in a given area does not affect the price of items. If anything the lack of disposable income within an area indicates an area their marketing team shouldn't focus on as the returns aren't worth the effort.

500 points is 50 USD. Most new games are more than that, however this game isn't new. But it is free, and the leagues they release are also free and those are new. So for less than the cost of a new game, your buddy can get free new content for his game every 3 months. And any investment he makes into this iteration of the game, will also apply to PoE2 when it releases. So he's also getting another free game!!

It's all about how you think about it. Most of what they do is incredibly fair, just stay away from the gamble boxes and only buy what you need. All of the fancy, pretty and optional stuff is the higher priced items.

Did you read everything I wrote? I would like to know why CONSOLE PACKS are 100% more expensive than PC PACKS for brazilian players. (I didn't know packs bought in USA Sony's account haven't change until QQPQ told me btw)

The "area their marketing team shouldn't focus on" has a server hosted in Sao Paulo - Brazil so.. you're wrong.

Btw, can you give me a feedback how gameplay was for the last 4 months please? Before the patch fix, lots of fun eh?

I have the tabs I need, idc about mtx beside some QOL skill effects that would be good to have, but as I said, I was happy with the patch fix and wanted to support them buying a pack, what happened? Well I didn't.
"
kzl_91 wrote:
Did you read everything I wrote? I would like to know why CONSOLE PACKS are 100% more expensive than PC PACKS for brazilian players. (I didn't know packs bought in USA Sony's account haven't change until QQPQ told me btw)

The "area their marketing team shouldn't focus on" has a server hosted in Sao Paulo - Brazil so.. you're wrong.

Btw, can you give me a feedback how gameplay was for the last 4 months please? Before the patch fix, lots of fun eh?

I have the tabs I need, idc about mtx beside some QOL skill effects that would be good to have, but as I said, I was happy with the patch fix and wanted to support them buying a pack, what happened? Well I didn't.

Yes, I did read everything you wrote. And replied to a portion of it, the part that I quoted as it was what was relevant. The idea was price based off minimum wage. QQPQ did a fine job addressing the other topic, no point in beating a dead horse.

I'm wrong that their marketing team shouldn't focus on people that don't have a disposable income?? Or are you assuming that I'm saying that an entire country doesn't have disposable income. There's bound to be plenty of people within Brazil that are wealthy. I'm not saying they shouldn't market to Brazil, I'm saying they shouldn't market their game to people making minimum wage. You cannot make money off of people that don't make money. Not wrong, just misunderstood...

4 months?? Is that as long as you have been playing?? It's been going on for much longer than that. I had friends that quit a year ago due to the DC's. However, I fail to see how that is in any way relevant to the topic at hand.

But to answer you, yes, more so 4-1 month ago (Harvest) than for Heist. Tons of fun, most I've had while playing TBH. SSF'd my way to 100 for the first, and most likely last time. HC_is_Bluescreen is his name, so I will forever remember the last league that was broken before GGG made magic happen.
"
"
kzl_91 wrote:

Yes, I did read everything you wrote. And replied to a portion of it, the part that I quoted as it was what was relevant. The idea was price based off minimum wage. QQPQ did a fine job addressing the other topic, no point in beating a dead horse.

I'm wrong that their marketing team shouldn't focus on people that don't have a disposable income?? Or are you assuming that I'm saying that an entire country doesn't have disposable income. There's bound to be plenty of people within Brazil that are wealthy. I'm not saying they shouldn't market to Brazil, I'm saying they shouldn't market their game to people making minimum wage. You cannot make money off of people that don't make money. Not wrong, just misunderstood...

4 months?? Is that as long as you have been playing?? It's been going on for much longer than that. I had friends that quit a year ago due to the DC's. However, I fail to see how that is in any way relevant to the topic at hand.

But to answer you, yes, more so 4-1 month ago (Harvest) than for Heist. Tons of fun, most I've had while playing TBH. SSF'd my way to 100 for the first, and most likely last time. HC_is_Bluescreen is his name, so I will forever remember the last league that was broken before GGG made magic happen.

I mentioned minimum wage for perspective, so people could compare to their own country's minimum wage. How much is it in your country? So make it 1/3 for a pack, done. When I say "320 BRL" most people wonder what the hell is it.

Of course it is relevant, you mentioned "free game" and "new content", I mentioned 4 months of crashs every 1 hour avg, or I'm lying here? Can you or anyone guarantee it wont happen again? Why should I pay 2x more than PC BRL with all these issues? Dollar is fucked right now, but why they didn't change for PC BRL also? THATS MY ONLY POINT HERE.

We should be at the same side here, woulnd't you ask why? With all we've been through.

If you had FUN as you said you probably into some bdsm, I wont judge.
"
I'm saying they shouldn't market their game to people making minimum wage. You cannot make money off of people that don't make money.

I'm not including myself into your discussion. However, I want to mention a "Marketing 101" too =). You can make more money from people who has average and below wage than people who are rich.

Regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info