[3.12] The Fulcrum Self Chilling Glacial Hammer Slayer | Very Zoomy | Cheap

Hey,
Just wanted to share a cool build which I came up with a few days ago.
Heist is not a very exciting league but it sure brought a lot of interesting uniques with it and I quite enjoy playing this one build.

PoB
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/HjPkTYbr

Build Concept
Spoiler
This build revolves around "The Fulcrum": A unique staff introduced in Heist.

The Fulcrum converts your physical damage into all elemental damage types, and reflects elemental ailments you inflict (ignite, shock, chill, freeze). It rewards you with damage buffs for each ailment active on you (except freeze). So in order to achieve maximum damage, you need to deal with shock, chill and ignite, while also being immune to freeze.

It turns out that chill reflect can be very beneficial when combined with Winterweave

By reversing the reflected chill, it is possible to get up to 30% more action speed (the equivalent of 3x tailwind) just from one ring worth 10c. I focus on cold damage for the fattest chills.

To deal with shock reflect just use Inpulsa

Now you can't really disable the effect of ignite without complete immunity (unless you are Chieftain and that's perhaps a build for another day). This is the main reason why I go slayer - every time you attack and inflict an ignite on yourself, overleech is just gonna counter that and keep you at max hp. Pantheon (Arakali, Abberath) further helps with ignites.

Finally for Freeze immunity I take The Brine Crown, an effective and cheap helmet.

(Ignore the enchant you don't need precision).

Note: Since this build is cold dmg based, we are looking for Fulcrums with maximal phys to cold conversion and minimal phys to fire \ phys to lightning (especially lower fire for smaller ignites). This is however not a huge factor because we already convert most of our dmg with Glacial Hammer and Winter Burial. Thus your first priorities should be high phys damage \ pen \ extra damage rolls.

Pros
Spoiler
+ Zoomy
+ 1 Button playstyle
+ Off meta = cheap (5-10 ex)
+ Good deeps, consistent damage
+ "Slayer main btw"

Cons
Spoiler
- Self ignite annoying at times, even with overleech.
- Can't do ele reflect.
- No regen \ less regen maps can be annoying, swap a flask for Atziri's Promise \ Ruby Flask \ second life flask.
- Not recommended for HC because that self ignite can get you every once in a while.
- Need to take 5 ruby flasks against Phoenix because he deletes your fire res and you will ignite yourself to death.

Videos
Spoiler
Maze of The Minotaur: https://youtu.be/lYnHZy7g-i4
Working on other boss videos (Still need to get my atlas to awakener 8... I'm progressing very slowly this league)

Full Gear
Spoiler

- As you can see my Fulcrum is perfectly rolled but I only payed 10c for that roll
- I use Soul Raker for mana leech but feel free to put it anywhere else.

Min Maxing
Spoiler
Just the usual stuff, influenced rares, Bottled Faith, corrupts, woke gems. Tailwind Elusive boots are probably your main priority for extra zoom.
I have a section on Abyssus in "Pepega Only"

Pepega Only
Spoiler
Zerker
Spoiler
For ultra zoom and higher dps ceiling go zerker with rage and blitz charges. You will have to take Soul Tether tho as a substitute to overleech. Other than that everything should be about the same.
I tried both things and personally, I prefer Slayer cause it's much more stable.

Abyssus
Spoiler
Abyssus should theoretically give great deeps but then you need to fit freeze immunity somewhere else. One way would be to use Cyclopean Coil with fluid motion on tree. Another way would be to use the rare freeze avoidance on boots. I'm too lazy to setup either but if you try to fit in Abyssus yourself then make sure to tell me how it went.

That's it, just a quick guide. For any further info refer to the PoB.

Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Shilkmake on Nov 3, 2020, 4:46:57 PM
Last bumped on Oct 17, 2020, 10:14:23 AM
I´ve been eyeing a fulcrum build too with reverse ailments.
Sunspite boots regen while ignited isnt good? Theres also a ring that gives you more atk and mov speed while ignited.

Replica Hotheaded jewel doesnt stack with the normal one?
"
Coralfang wrote:
I´ve been eyeing a fulcrum build too with reverse ailments.
Sunspite boots regen while ignited isnt good? Theres also a ring that gives you more atk and mov speed while ignited.

Replica Hotheaded jewel doesnt stack with the normal one?

Sunspite should be good, but I prefer rare boots with some hp.
Not sure what ring you are referring too, there's one that gives increased attack speed not more attack speed.
And Replica Hotheaded should should work sure. I just feel like this build has enough movement speed already.
Cool build! Why not Gladiator? You could get 70% both block with Rumi's.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Gladiator should be viable. It's just that I feel most comfortable mitigating the self ignite with slayer overleech.
To make gladiator work I would take soul tether and perhaps sunspike boots too. I would then take precision instead of frostbite (we lose the accuracy from Impact) and fully level Vitality.
Then I would also take the staff aoe nodes above templar (in place of Impact aoe).
So overall you lose damage, but gain some defense and 20% more action speed, not bad I suppose.
"
Shilkmake wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Gladiator should be viable. It's just that I feel most comfortable mitigating the self ignite with slayer overleech.
To make gladiator work I would take soul tether and perhaps sunspike boots too. I would then take precision instead of frostbite (we lose the accuracy from Impact) and fully level Vitality.
Then I would also take the staff aoe nodes above templar (in place of Impact aoe).
So overall you lose damage, but gain some defense and 20% more action speed, not bad I suppose.

I see - I didn't consider with the ignite.

70% double block at 6K HP should be effectively doubling your HP pool in most scenarios as most deadly attacks in this game except the super giga final boss slams are multiple projectiles or spells.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info