Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Can someone help me to understand, is youtube censoring discussion of females in comments?

I can't figure out what exactly is happening and maybe you can help me understand.

Basically in the last few days i've gotten caught watching various videos that address female and male behaviour and struggles as well as problems, which naturally comes with a lot of back and forth in the comment section. And sometimes i get carried away when i see bullshit. But i have noticed my comments are disappearing a few seconds after i post them. My last 2 posts disappeared - i can see them when i post them and if i refresh fast enough the reply count reflects mine but it isn't there and then even the reply count sets back to what it was before i commented. I can't get them back they are just lost, no notifications, nothing.

So, i'm gonna post a not particularly flattering post of mine against some woman whose comment i disliked on a video about men struggling in society today. Basically a guy was mentioning male struggles and unfairness met in life and she was kneejerking and essentially asserting for him to stfu (grow up) coz that's just the way it is.

"
@XXXXYou are doing exactly what is the problem. Just surpressing men, and undermining a male perspective. The only thing you entered with was to ridicule the original poster. Look at your comment that's all you did. I don't care what you tried writing after to retcon yourself that's not what you came in with that's not the emotions you reacted to when you decided to write the first post. And this is expected female behaviour from a solid % of females - you are engineered to act that way on your emotions in seeking a better mate. But if we have no awareness and are just slaves to our impulses then you can forget all about cultural development and we should retract all female rights - i should club you and drag your unconscious body back inside my cave where i would chain you in range of the kitchen and my bed. Luckily, we are not that primitive. And you women claim to have better social awareness than men? It's about time you started showing it.

Back to the topic. Yea, so a man says anything that either incites a criticism of female behaviour or discussing problem about functioning as a male in society? Tell them to stfu, right? They should just deal with it. Pathetic they are.

No, you are. You can't even see how twisted that is. I'm sure you thought you did nothing wrong. In fact, you probably thought you were being smart and truthful. And it's always fun to ridicule someone you don't respect, amirite?

Emotions, they cloud judgement. Women have a lot of emotions.

Soooo, yea! It disappears when i posts it. I tried editing, i tried removing personal comments that were too offensive. Etc.

Shit i don't know if my comments have been disappearing forever on youtube, but i started noticing it the last few days and all were posts discussing female psychology and just speaking plain truth without hating and telling off some of the lies being made about gender interactions today. It seems very fishy to me? You can't speak freely about female psychology in youtube comments? It seems fishy just at the right time in time, if you know what i mean. It's so annoying, i take time sometimes i write long posts over an hour of effort and editing and removing my own vile eruptions etc until im left with a very truthful post and then youtube being like ... naaah mate, too critical of a sensitive topic now you disappear!

Can someone explain to me what is happening here, am i missing something obvious?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 16, 2020, 11:22:39 AM
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2021, 7:31:58 AM
The person that posts the video can remove comments. That's probably what's happening here.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Could be a number of things.

You could in fact be posting shit that is offensive for no reason at all other than to antagonize others. For example you certainly could have made your points above without the heated and loaded rhetoric.

Also you could be getting stealth muted, where you think you posts are being seen, but they are not. I'm torn on this concept in general, but I suppose from a moderation point of view it easier to just allow the troll to post, waste their time, and not have to invest resources to moderate or have other community members get upset.

Lastly most social media and related content sites are just cesspools. Just skip commenting and engaging as most of the time its pointless. I suppose if you enjoy the digital combat go ahead, but really, engaging on YouTube in the comments section? Big Meh.

Edit: also as stated above, content creator discretion can apply as well.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Oct 16, 2020, 11:52:28 AM
It's an instant remove after a few seconds i am 99.999999999% certain no human is doing this. I also kept testing and if i just wrote a bunch of happy nonsense it is not removed.

I tried to remove some of the worst offensive words and phrases in there to no avail.

But i searched more on google and starting to become convinced it's just google running algorithms to remove potentially offensive posts regardsless if they are true and justified to say. And it's just rather sad for me to see that they are so overzealous on a subject that is so hot in society - it shows their actions are subjective to the current societal agendas and not universally justified, which historically is a pathway to surpression. Furthermore when you take a long time to expand a subject and where you might be frowning a bit on for example the extreme feminists but essentially stick to the truth through and through and get filted by some blasted sensitivity fear it's so annoying, especially when it just furthers the agendas of the ones they are trying to protect with the overzealousness and surpressing the other side.

It's the new age hypocritizism - censor freedom in the name of freedom!

Rambling

I never post offensive for the sake of it, if i post offensive its because someone is acting like a fool and i decided to call them on it. Most of the time they are attacking someone else and i decide to take their head, or they are speaking bullshit and misleading and i decide to reveal it.

There is no way you can speak the unhindered truth without offending people, and quite frankly i can't be bothered to care about that either - i channel my focus into doing my best that the things i do say are true and correct to say. For example i don't mind cracking a slightly ridiculing joke on a person whos displayed bad behaviour towards others but i will never do it to a rigtheous person.

And to be honest some certain levels of foolery deserves to be frowned upon, extreme feminism, extreme sexism, abuse behaviour etc. These types of extremely bad behaviours i don't care i will joke on it. But these are obvious cases for everyone to see. When you approach a level where most people can't distinquish the details then you can be easily misunderstood. Judge me for that all you want, but they don't deserve to be taken seriously all the time, laugther at(ridicule) is a very strong evolutionary tool that makes a person feel shameful, and shame is a driver of reflection and growth of consciousness. So when you use it right, when a person should be shameful, it does its natural function.

In essense its sometimes healthier just to point out to someone how ridiculous they are rather than letting them go on believing that any two opinions are equal - an opinion is only respected if its leans up against good sense. But then if everyone acts this way im describing now then everyone always feel its okay to pull lowly tricks on anyone else. And i can only say, if you gotta wield this weapon you have to in the other hand weild extreme self-criticism, and you gotta have a well above average insight. There is only a few steps from my stance and turning into a total hypocrite and the line is drawn by how much a clue do you have about what you are talking. That's it, if you got enough clue you can get away with more because you do it correctly, whereas if you have a hard time understanding peoples motivations you shouldnt pretend to have a clue and is better served to stick to general rigid moral structures. Know thyself, in this case your limits.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Oct 16, 2020, 12:54:00 PM
Have you tried not saying things like "expected female behaviour" and "you are engineered that way?"

Claiming half the population of the planet are just homogenous drones is pretty offensive.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
People can delete your comments on youtube. Totally allowed.
I'm trying to imagine what youtube comment threads would look like if they couldn't.

And all I can come up with is...pretty much the same, just more.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
I'm trying to imagine what youtube comment threads would look like if they couldn't.

And all I can come up with is...pretty much the same, just more.

I reckon such comments most likely wouldn't show up on top since it is affected by upvotes and downvotes. Comments are sorted by top comments and newest. In most cases it would likely be neither.
True. As much as I dislike the hivemind on reddit, I like the basic democratic function of the upvote/downvote system in most contexts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info